Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

$200 to feed a plane full of people sounds pretty reasonable tbh.

(I imagine it wasn't all just for him.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bussein makes me feel good

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

ted rall was banned from dailykos for drawing an obama cartoon that made him look like everyone else in rall's other drawings (simian).

https://progressive.org/latest/daily-kos-bans-cartoonist-ted-rall-imaginary-racism/

I would ban Ted not for racism, but because this comic is neither funny nor thought provoking

Lazy work, Ted.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

I would ban Ted not for racism, but because this comic is neither funny nor thought provoking

Lazy work, Ted.

Sounds like a perfect fit for dailykos

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Speaking of politoons, did anyone make a SS Trump destroys the Democracy bridge yet?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PhilippAchtel posted:

Lazy work, Ted.

If you like your grain, you can keep it

- Barack OStalin

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1360697191698898945

Waiting for November like a kid on Christmas Eve

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lmaoooo biden's "successes"

how you be this deluded even that early in the term? it was pretty easy to predict what would happen once biden finally got the presidency.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

This whole family sucks

https://x.com/zei_squirrel/status/1773387022406693209?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i wonder what the rent is like in the occupied territories compared to the ones that arent occupied

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

obama's mom used the jakarta method

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah then if i recall genocide joe delayed leaving for months

im honestly surprised he didnt just cancel it entirely but then again the taliban were so ridiculously well prepared for the drawdown its entirely possible theyd maneuvered themselves in such a way that biden couldnt feasibly call takebacksies no matter how badly he wanted to

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

That's kind of smug reductionism is loving insane.

Get a Lithuanian passport and go home, bitch.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol when people protest in China things change, in the US they crack skulls, change nothing but everyone thinks something happened for the better

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

uninterrupted posted:

like every other drunk conversation I had in China was with locals complaining about how the government handled the economy.

i mean sure but theyd never say it to a cop we americans will talk to cops about anything because we trust the government

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Jo Bibden is loving STUOID as poo poo

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

freedom isn't free

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

KomradeX posted:

Lol when people protest in China things change, in the US they crack skulls, change nothing but everyone thinks something happened for the better

i think the only term i've learned in law school that i like for everyday life is "summary judgment" where you're just saying "even if everything they say is factually true, their conclusion is still bullshit."

so i'm gonna summary judgment the anti-china stuff for a moment, and say that even if china is some kind of draconian hell (it isn't, but that is besides the point), what business is it of mine when america routinely murders my poc neighbors, grinds the poor into dust, and is actively burning the planet? i can't affect policy in the united states, what am i supposed to do about the imaginary evil china?

and this is substantively different than me attending pro-palestine events, because america is almost entirely responsible for the genocide. it's a de facto american policy.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 22:59 on Mar 31, 2024

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

pencilhands posted:

concerning

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pencilhands posted:

jack off bi-don

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1774538983839498585?s=20

https://x.com/POTUS/status/1774511985700352189?s=20

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

5) I hear you

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This single tweet will end up being the entirety of his Latino outreach this year. His die-hard supporters will claim that Latinos are being problematic for asking for more.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

smh not even gonna eat the taco bowl

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

quote:

I also probably should have started a fake charity. Providing veterinary services for homeless people’s pets. Collecting donations for the underprivileged chimpanzees of the Congo. Raising awareness for Chapped-Lips-in-the-Winter Syndrome. Fun-runs, dance-a-thons, bake sales—as long as you’re using someone else’s misfortunes to try to propel yourself into the Ivy League, you’re golden.

how did she get away with that one lmao this was in the WSJ

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/TimOBrien/status/1774441172565422197?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Majorian posted:

This single tweet will end up being the entirety of his Latino outreach this year. His die-hard supporters will claim that Latinos are being problematic for asking for more.

remember when they screened the hot cheetos movie at the white house for latino outreach:

quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/15/us/politics/biden-flamin-hot-screening.html
The president and Jill Biden, the first lady, were on hand for a screening of “Flamin’ Hot,” a new film about Richard Montañez, who worked as a janitor at Frito-Lay and rose through the ranks, eventually becoming a marketing executive.

Mr. Montañez also claims to have invented the spicy, finger-staining snack — but a Los Angeles Times investigation found that he very likely did not.

In any case, the Bidens and Eva Longoria, the director of the film, told about 600 attendees that the screening celebrated an immigrant story rooted in the United States.

“Opportunity is a cornerstone of our democracy and the American dream,” Mr. Biden said after pumping his fist at the mention of Cheetos. “And as you’ll see in the film, that’s exactly what the Hispanic community embodies: opportunity, courage.”
“We’re here to stay,” one audience member shouted at Mr. Biden. “You’re drat right you are,” the president replied.

It was one of the more festive atmospheres of the Biden era. A Mexican folk ensemble played. Invitees lounged on picnic blankets and sipped margaritas. Mariachi band members stayed in uniform after playing to enjoy chips and guacamole.

But chips had nothing on Cheetos. A White House staff member lugged a cardboard box around, handing out bags of the corn snacks. The tablecloths of the outdoor bars were Cheetos orange. One attendee wore Cheetos-themed high socks, and another wearing an orange jacket could be heard telling her friend that she, too, was a “Flamin’ Hot Cheeto.”
“If you’re trying to appeal to Hispanic voters,” Mr. Troy said, “just getting 20 people in a room is not that much.”

Melissa Morales, the president of Somos Votantes, an organization that conducts outreach to Latino voters, said the film could resonate with Latina viewers like herself. She said she remembers running around as a child with red fingers “because I was eating hot Cheetos all the time.”

“To have that experience and what it seems like millions of other Latinos experienced onscreen,” she said, is “pretty amazing
.”

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

remember when they screened the hot cheetos movie at the white house for latino outreach:

Boy do I!

I also remember in 2020 when he placed "Despacito" off of his phone into a mic during a speech and did a creepy jerking pseudo-dance. Folks like Pick and Seven Hundred Bee thought that was good outreach, lmfao.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ehehehehHEHEHEHEhhjkhjkhj

operation Build Back Faster

step 1: wait for infrastructure collapse to kill a bunch of people

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

PhilippAchtel posted:

Lazy work, Ted.

Also that's a terrible caricature

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1774510450543145338?s=20

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Mmmm yeah man it's giving the poors any money at all whatsoever that's driving inflation. You loving egg.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Rubellavator posted:

how did she get away with that one lmao this was in the WSJ

I know, that's pretty loving jaw dropping and exactly what Bari Weiss would think was clever.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

PhilippAchtel posted:

Lazy work, Ted.

If anything, that just looks like a lovely caricature of Dr. Hibbert from the Simpsons

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

beef will skyrocket soon because of HPAI. got to get what you can before its too late.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

im honestly surprised he didnt just cancel it entirely but then again the taliban were so ridiculously well prepared for the drawdown its entirely possible theyd maneuvered themselves in such a way that biden couldnt feasibly call takebacksies no matter how badly he wanted to

They almost certainly would have kept delaying it, the lack of preparation for the evacuation that actually happened showed they had done no actual work to fulfill the timeline they were working under. The speed and success of the Taliban offensive caught Washington completely off guard. Washington thought that it'd take the Taliban a minimum of 6 months, probably a year, to reach Kabul. In reality it took the Taliban 3 weeks. Had the Afghan army made any serious defensive stands--even doomed ones, you'd have had a ton of people in DC champing at the bit to come rushing bombing to the rescue.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

r.gif

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this was trump's order:

18 “double double” cheeseburgers
10 hot dogs
2 quarter-pounder hamburgers with cheese
20 fries
10 onion rings

this is the menu of the place he ordered it from:

this is what their double cheese:burger:s look like:

That's the sort of common sense one should have in a president.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
looks pretty good tbh, prices too good to be true though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

this place looks like it fuckin whips