Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lifespan posted:

I too think he will come up with it, but it definitely won't be trivial for him. With the $450m, no one was willing to take real estate as collateral and because of the ruling I don't believe he can get it from an New York based institution which is a lot of them. I'm sure he is trying to find a way to leverage his Truth Social stock, but I can't imagine anyone biting on that. It will be fun to watch.

A half eaten big Mac is worth more than truth social stock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I feel like more than a few morons are going to ruin their lives in order for the money to work out

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Trump benefits so much from the system set up to ensure people like him don’t face consequences and, like all those people, he deserves the least amount of special consideration because he’s such a loving rear end in a top hat.

It doesn't really seem like he cares to take the 175M seriously at this point. In all fairness he's undefeated in life bailing him out but I figure at some point it'll run out of gas.

I hope

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

kazil posted:

One of the posts was this

Caitlyn Jenner killed a woman.

She is a bad person to her core.

Also a rich white Republican. But I repeat myself.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Lifespan posted:

He might have the cash, but there is no way that wouldn't be a huge blow to his liquidity.

Honest question, what would be the theoretical deadline for him to post the rest?

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I really hope the NY case scheduled for April isn't cancelled. I just need one of his trials to go forward to help my mental health. I have so much anxiety from this whole thing.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Lifespan posted:

I too think he will come up with it, but it definitely won't be trivial for him. With the $450m, no one was willing to take real estate as collateral and because of the ruling I don't believe he can get it from an New York based institution which is a lot of them. I'm sure he is trying to find a way to leverage his Truth Social stock, but I can't imagine anyone biting on that. It will be fun to watch.

He might have the cash, but there is no way that wouldn't be a huge blow to his liquidity.

The fact he's struggling to get less than half of this (!) judgement alone is, to me, a lol harbinger. He either can't get the money now and I howl laughing as his poo poo is seized immediately or I cackle once he loses the appeal and he has to come up with half a billion at that point. I don't really see a situation where he doesn't end up out near $600 million to Carroll this year.

Not to mention she is sure to sue him for defamation again since his mush brains can't stop him from defaming her constantly, often just out of the blue lmfao

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

John Yossarian posted:

I really hope the NY case scheduled for April isn't cancelled. I just need one of his trials to go forward to help my mental health. I have so much anxiety from this whole thing.

You and me both, buddy :glomp:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Not Catholic but Christian and I do but more as a personal challenge

It helped me wean off soda and fast food surprisingly. It's kinda fun (to me at least) to challenge yourself to do something better for yourself for 40 days. I've taken up drawing, given up social media, etc and been better for it. This year I didn't eat out at restaurants alone because I have a bad habit of going out to eat if I'm feeling lazy

Cool, I'm glad that for lent you decided to give up not drawing

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Olanphonia posted:

The fact he's struggling to get less than half of this (!) judgement alone is, to me, a lol harbinger. He either can't get the money now and I howl laughing as his poo poo is seized immediately or I cackle once he loses the appeal and he has to come up with half a billion at that point. I don't really see a situation where he doesn't end up out near $600 million to Carroll this year.

Not to mention she is sure to sue him for defamation again since his mush brains can't stop him from defaming her constantly, often just out of the blue lmfao

For added :lol:, there is no question his lawyers/accountants are telling him to start working on increasing his liquidity no matter what as it would be cheaper than having property seized and sold for pennies on the dollar. So they are going to have to fight with him about "if appeal fails, you are screwed" while he screams that he will win appeals and doesn't want to start selling assets.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Scags McDouglas posted:

Honest question, what would be the theoretical deadline for him to post the rest?

What do you mean by rest? Like the amount he would still owe when he loses the appeal?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I've been assuming Trump will post that $175 million, but then again he was barely able to get $74 for the Carrol case, that same guy can't loan him for this one. Who is going to put up the bond, or does he have the cash?

Don't worry they'll just knock it down for him again because he's a Very Special Boy

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Don't worry they'll just knock it down for him again because he's a Very Special Boy

I understand you are upset and venting, but by what mechanic would the amount get further reduced? There isn't an appeal of the appeal.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

kazil posted:

I understand you are upset and venting, but by what mechanic would the amount get further reduced? There isn't an appeal of the appeal.

Top.

Trumps.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

do all christians do lent stuff like no meat fridays and giving up something for 40 days?

or is that just filthy papists? like wonder what these concern trolls did last easter.

It's catholic thing, but lately some prodistant sects think it's "hip and cool" to revive "ancient biblical traditions" but they're really just ripping off Catholics.

I've seen a prodistant church do their own version of the Stations of the Cross sans rosary.

Plus, fasting and any sort of self-punishment stuff plays into toxic masculinity, alpha male poo poo. So I can't wait for flagellation to make a comeback.

Also, trans visibility day is the last day of the month, so it doesn't always fall on easter

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

kazil posted:

What do you mean by rest? Like the amount he would still owe when he loses the appeal?

Yeah basically I know it's a dumbo question. So he has a 450M judgment. Usually one would bond the full amount- do I understand correctly that he only has to put up 175 and the rest waits until ughhhh .. once the appeal is denied?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Scags McDouglas posted:

Yeah basically I know it's a dumbo question. So he has a 450M judgment. Usually one would bond the full amount- do I understand correctly that he only has to put up 175 and the rest waits until ughhhh .. once the appeal is denied?

I don't think he'll be denied an appeal, but I don't think he wins it. When he loses he'll need to pay the rest, which people itt have said could be a few months to a few years.

It continues gaining interest the whole time though

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

kazil posted:

I don't think he'll be denied an appeal, but I don't think he wins it. When he loses he'll need to pay the rest, which people itt have said could be a few months to a few years.

I just don't see a path to win an appeal. It's basically irrefutable based on his own statements that the values he provided were incorrect.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The question of guilt is likely unassailable since appellate courts are usually loathe to overturn a factual finding (but, gestures broadly at SCOTUS) however the damages is not quite open and shut, though given it's a civil trial with a preponderance of evidence standard, with how badly Trump hosed up at trial it's kind of unclear what factual or legal basis he can give the appellate division on reducing it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Busters posted:

For context, I live on the west coast and my mother has never been to New York in her life.

What is it with old people and categorizing things

I remember when my grandmother (from NYC as it happens) moved out to the SF Bay Area to be nearer to us in her retirement, and she started taking her car to a mechanic in her neighborhood called "The Swiss Garage". Why? Not because they specialized in her model of car or anything, but because they had Swiss in their name and, to quote her, "the Swiss are very meticulous".

Never mind that it's just a loving name and who knows why they picked it, never mind that there are probably no Swiss people involved, never mind that it's just another joe shop doing oil changes and fixing exhaust leaks that happened to be near her apartment. But just the mentality that allows someone to lump everyone of some group into a single bin in your mind — like being able to say "oh he's just a New Yorker" as though that excuses someone going off on a mad mob-boss rant against every law enforcement and judicial figure arrayed against him, as though "that's just what New Yorkers are like" and you have to just put up with it. That's what makes you a well-educated person, apparently: being able to instantly make a value judgment about what someone is like because of where they're from or what their last name is or what they look like. It's a point of pride and intellect and earned life experience you see

uuughhhgh. it feels like this is a hallmark of people from a certain era and it's not as common anymore but it's equally probably that everyone gets like that as they get older and the world gets more complicated and inscrutable and it'll happen to me too fffff

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Busters posted:

toxic masculinity, alpha male poo poo. So I can't wait for flagellation to make a comeback.

well yeah, what do you think pointed loaded guns at their dick and balls (and pulling the trigger hopefully) is all about?

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

kazil posted:

Yeah my phrasing is poor. He'll be granted an appeal and said appeal's judgment will eventually be upheld.

The man buys time like no other. I'm mostly focused on pre-election owns since those are the most vital right now.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Busters posted:

It's catholic thing, but lately some prodistant sects think it's "hip and cool" to revive "ancient biblical traditions" but they're really just ripping off Catholics.

I've seen a prodistant church do their own version of the Stations of the Cross sans rosary.

Plus, fasting and any sort of self-punishment stuff plays into toxic masculinity, alpha male poo poo. So I can't wait for flagellation to make a comeback.

Also, trans visibility day is the last day of the month, so it doesn't always fall on easter

all protestant religions are catholic cults that eventually gained enough popularity to be called religions, they can pick and choose whatever they happen to like

protestantism is just modded catholicism

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

steinrokkan posted:

Obama's cock shame... Ron's cock pride

mods

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Data Graham posted:

I remember when my grandmother (from NYC as it happens) moved out to the SF Bay Area to be nearer to us in her retirement, and she started taking her car to a mechanic in her neighborhood called "The Swiss Garage". Why? Not because they specialized in her model of car or anything, but because they had Swiss in their name and, to quote her, "the Swiss are very meticulous".

Never mind that it's just a loving name and who knows why they picked it, never mind that there are probably no Swiss people involved, never mind that it's just another joe shop doing oil changes and fixing exhaust leaks that happened to be near her apartment. But just the mentality that allows someone to lump everyone of some group into a single bin in your mind — like being able to say "oh he's just a New Yorker" as though that excuses someone going off on a mad mob-boss rant against every law enforcement and judicial figure arrayed against him, as though "that's just what New Yorkers are like" and you have to just put up with it. That's what makes you a well-educated person, apparently: being able to instantly make a value judgment about what someone is like because of where they're from or what their last name is or what they look like. It's a point of pride and intellect and earned life experience you see

uuughhhgh. it feels like this is a hallmark of people from a certain era and it's not as common anymore but it's equally probably that everyone gets like that as they get older and the world gets more complicated and inscrutable and it'll happen to me too fffff

The Nazis during WW2 were promoting the master race, so other countries promoted Nationalism, and National identity for doing things a certain way or whatever became the thing I think is where it all comes from.

Globalism is kinda the opposite of that I suppose, today but yeah I really do think it’s an era thing.

We should really all wake up and start calling ourselves Earthlings and use that as a baseline to be forward looking, because one day the Sun is going to go supernova and when it does, we have to have the technology to get out of here as a species, or we’re just gonna end up another failed experiment in the universe.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Data Graham posted:

All chuds are dumb as poo poo, and I don’t feel bad for lumping them all together like that. :smug:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The Nazis during WW2 were promoting the master race, so other countries promoted Nationalism, and National identity for doing things a certain way or whatever became the thing I think is where it all comes from.

Globalism is kinda the opposite of that I suppose, today but yeah I really do think it’s an era thing.

We should really all wake up and start calling ourselves Earthlings and use that as a baseline to be forward looking, because one day the Sun is going to go supernova and when it does, we have to have the technology to get out of here as a species, or we’re just gonna end up another failed experiment in the universe.

if any vestige of humanity is around in 3 billion years (it won't be) i'll buy you a beer

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Buce posted:

if any vestige of humanity is around in 3 billion years (it won't be) i'll buy you a beer

Deal.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

all protestant religions are catholic cults that eventually gained enough popularity to be called religions, they can pick and choose whatever they happen to like

lol they'd fight wars over words like that

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
greek and/or(??) eastern orthodox are older than protestants would probably like to have a word too

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

Catholicism is just a Jewish cult, it's cults all the way down

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Habba nice 40th birthday

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

greek and/or(??) eastern orthodox are older than protestants would probably like to have a word too

*and

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

Habba nice 40th birthday

Is that a new game show?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I don't care about the accuracy of this interpretation of scripture but I'm darn sure seeing this would make Trumpists start foaming at the mouth with rage

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

nine-gear crow posted:

Is that a new game show?

biggest losers

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kazil posted:

Habba nice 40th birthday

Too old for T. Rump now, :sad:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1774555039501062241?s=20

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

kazil posted:

Habba nice 40th birthday

When you see this picture, what do you see?

A respectable lawyer who can count an Ex-President of the USA amongst her clients.
or
A fame-hungry unqualified idiot grifter