Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I would imagine that Bianca vs Jade is the destination match and this is the beginning of that story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

El Generico posted:

It's funny, because I recently saw a Youtube video about the history of black people in WWE, and boy, it sure made it feel like Swerve's organic rise to the top could never, ever have happened in the fed.

If you're talking about FD Signifier's video, I'm gonna link it because it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIqWXJu670

Lil Bill also did a bit of a rebuttal video where talks a bit more about black wrestlers outside of the WWE and has a different take on The Rock being black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE4g_xt9qL4

I like it when non-wrestling youtubers talk about wrestling

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

TinTower posted:

Okay, I’ll bite: what’s the ~*~*~story~*~*~ behind Jade, Naomi, and Bianca teaming? Is it just Creative thinking “gently caress we don’t have anything for these women to do for Mania”?

The point is that WWE is still doing the thing where all the wrestlers of the same ethnicity get lumped together in a stable

It's so lazy and lovely

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Elephant Ambush posted:

The point is that WWE is still doing the thing where all the wrestlers of the same ethnicity get lumped together in a stable

It's so lazy and lovely

I'm reminded of one of the only times wwe ever had a storyline involving multiple factions with multiple poles of interest, but it was all explicitly race gang wars like a hack prison movie or something

they had the nazi twins in the white guy stable so that checked out

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

werent there rumors that WWE tried to reform the nation of domination in the wake of BLM

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

werent there rumors that WWE tried to reform the nation of domination in the wake of BLM

retribution v the NuNation could have possibly been the worst angle in wwe history, oh the wonders we miss out on..

unrelated they should bring back raw underground I miss sweaty yelly shane mcmahon

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

retribution v the NuNation could have possibly been the worst angle in wwe history, oh the wonders we miss out on..

unrelated they should bring back raw underground I miss sweaty yelly shane mcmahon

Antifa vs blm isn’t even how it happens in the real world, they would have needed to put a third group of like the Viking experience, Dexter Lumis, and Jerry lawler to represent the proud boys but Vince would never let them get fuckstomped like they deserve

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

shiksa posted:

Unironically this, it was an absolute fever dream of a segment that sucked so much it looped around to being entertaining.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Antifa vs blm isn’t even how it happens in the real world

Why would that have stopped him from some tasteless feud anyways

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
WWE tried to make non race based factions, but wrestling fans weren't ready for that first iteration of the Nation of Domination that had Ron Simmons, Savio Vega, and two white guys. 😔

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I remember Owen being a nation member. I remember :unsmith:

I don't really remember why exactly he was there but he was there

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

he was the black heart

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Remember when DX feuded with the Nation and decided it'd be a very cool and smart idea to come out in blackface on national television?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Remember when DX feuded with the Nation and decided it'd be a very cool and smart idea to come out in blackface on national television?

How could we forget the #7 Moment in Raw history

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Drakkel posted:

You mean that moment that they would frequently show as one of the funniest WWE moments of all time and everyone found it hilarious and no-one found it offensive whatsoever* and the only actually entertaining part of it was the person not in blackface or in D-X?

*Several people found it offensive.

The337th posted:

How could we forget the #7 Moment in Raw history

Was it really that high on the list?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

not sure if this was covered in The Study…

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Can't remember a lot of incest angles in AEW, so clearly he's not target audience.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Is Christian still doing the milf hunter/dead dad gimmick? Seems right up his alley

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

not sure if this was covered in The Study…

This dude saw those Beaver Cleavage skits on WWE as a kid at just the right formative moment to gently caress him up for life. Yet another crime Vince is guilty of. 😔

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Incest roleplay is also huge on manyvids. So it’s wider a social thing that needs to be adressed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

[trying to avoid looking at guy who jammed his foot in the door to talk about psychotic poo poo] lol at pic.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

░W░W░ ░E░I░S░G░O░ ░O░D░ ░N░O░W░

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

[trying to avoid looking at guy who jammed his foot in the door to talk about psychotic poo poo] lol at pic.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's so lazy and lovely

https://twitter.com/Puto_Takagi/status/1773896964498747818

Yeeeah. It's not great!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Reddit has been thoroughly astroturfed by the most fed-brained people alive

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i believe in the miz... why don't you?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Reddit has been thoroughly astroturfed by the most fed-brained people alive

the miz is an incredible bellwether wrestler for who's opinions you should and should not disregard immediately

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Goblin Queen posted:

WWE tried to make non race based factions, but wrestling fans weren't ready for that first iteration of the Nation of Domination that had Ron Simmons, Savio Vega, and two white guys. 😔

Second iteration because NoD originated elsewhere and poo poo got weeeeird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhABYqJQRkk

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thanks this broke my brain before I started work

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Huh. Suddenly I smell burnt toast.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

more like are anime characters portraying Cody

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol these carnies will do anything to make money

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

All according to keikaku, bro.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Goku - Dusty
Gohan - Dustin
Goten - Cody

hth

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I disagree, I would swap Cody and Dustin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

the miz is an incredible bellwether wrestler for who's opinions you should and should not disregard immediately

As in, miz is good means disregard or miz is bad means disregard

I do not enjoy his wrestling in any form but he at least is extremely happy to be a smiling face on media outlets, a good hire in a company that always needs people to go to good morning (local market) and shake hands