Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Seeing a rando comment that planet liberation is now tied to XP earned in mission? If true, that absolutely changes the need to both extract and to go after secondaries etc. It does sound like a thing that would make sense, then you can figure out the balance between lots of shorter fast primary only runs or longer map sweeps.

Or just shoot poo poo for fun and be vaguely aware that certain actions will help/harm the main effort because it's not worth getting super worked up over a game this fun and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
LMFAO at the new MO, I loving love this game. :allears:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Dandywalken posted:

Theres a bug/exploit that rolls you over to -1 grenades if you do it.

ahh thank you :tipshat:

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Got a hot tip for all my fellow hopeless cowboys out there. I know it's bad form to actaully use the sights on the ol wheelgun but the Senator's sights are another one that just goes ahead and lies to you as a joke. You should be aiming using the top of the gun itself, and not the sight. I've added a green dot to this image for clarity:

The gun doesn't shoot super straight so this isn't foolproof, but I've been having better luck getting headshots.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yY26UBvV7c

Important relevant Malevolan Intel :hellyeah:

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Best part of the "50% chance to survive a death" armor is I've had 10 or 12 times when I've been stuck in geometry and had to grenade myself to kill myself to get out and when wearing the suit 3 or 4 of those times the blast has knocked me back up onto the map and I've survived with my samples

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there other armor that has the death survival bonus other than the preorder set? I really like that bonus but hate wearing the dumb preorder armor and I've never seen any others in the store that had that same bonus on it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I think top free warbond armor does?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

explosivo posted:

Is there other armor that has the death survival bonus other than the preorder set? I really like that bonus but hate wearing the dumb preorder armor and I've never seen any others in the store that had that same bonus on it.

There are two armours with that in the free Warbond.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

explosivo posted:

The black and gold free warbond armor is top tier for looks and has the chance to survive bonus.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sweet, thanks! I'll check those out.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The Drip King ensemble from the Super Citizen Edition has it as well. Basically all of the dress uniform looking armours seem to get it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Love malevolen creek let’s go baby

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Some friends and I actually got a planet from like 99.9999 to 100% last night. Did we win the video game lottery or is that more common than I think it is?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Happens to me a lot

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I've seen that a couple times as well.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Doesn't it do that every time you finish a defense mission?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Rolo posted:

Some friends and I actually got a planet from like 99.9999 to 100% last night. Did we win the video game lottery or is that more common than I think it is?

If the planet ticks over to 100% liberated while you are in game then when you are on the score screen it will appear as if your group was the one to push it to 100%, I've seen it a few times.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Doesn't it do that every time you finish a defense mission?

Yeah, every time anyone finishes a defense mission it ticks up to 100% on their screen, but it's not actually at 100%

Weird bug that makes people feel special.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Love malevolen creek let’s go baby

No Malevolen Creek no cry

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Ignore the naysayers, YOU were the people that freed that planet and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to steal your valorous deeds.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do Operations only cycle specific mission types or can every mission type appear in them? In wondering if I'm missing out on certain missions by only doing quickplay operations.

Or are some mission types only available at lower levels? I haven't seen a "Destroy the Charger" mission on 7s because Chargers are absolutely everywhere at that difficulty.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Arc Hammer posted:

Do Operations only cycle specific mission types or can every mission type appear in them? In wondering if I'm missing out on certain missions by only doing quickplay operations.

Or are some mission types only available at lower levels? I haven't seen a "Destroy the Charger" mission on 7s because Chargers are absolutely everywhere at that difficulty.

Some are only available at lower levels. Destroy the Charger and Destroy the Bile Titan go away at higher difficulties for the reasons you stated.

Apparently the super low level missions have “raise the flag” objectives that sound hilarious. Wish we could get them added to the level 7s and 8s where you’re frantically saluting a flag while a horde bears down on you.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Depending on the status of the planet being a Liberate or Defend status can affect the mission pool availability. Liberate is more likely to have eradicate factory/bug hole missions (possibly also supply cache and egg nests?) while Defend has defense and the two versions of evac.

And the kill special target are based on difficulty, yes. Chargers only lvl 3, bile titans lvl 4, brood commanders lvl 2 (? IIRC) and hulks lvl 3. Pretty much the level just below they become part of the regular spawn pool

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

"Destroy the Command Bunker" bot missions only appear on difficulty 7-9. They're also significantly easier on 7 because you need to destroy 1/2/3 bunkers respectively and with only one base you can drop directly on top of it, chuck out a couple lasers and finish the main objective in under a minute.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

space uncle posted:

Some are only available at lower levels. Destroy the Charger and Destroy the Bile Titan go away at higher difficulties for the reasons you stated.

Apparently the super low level missions have “raise the flag” objectives that sound hilarious. Wish we could get them added to the level 7s and 8s where you’re frantically saluting a flag while a horde bears down on you.

It's easily the funniest objective. You call in a flag from orbit that unfolds painfully slowly while the super earth anthem blares out loud, attracting patrols. Also, there's a camera drone documenting your bravery, so you have to hang out the entire time.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

Best part of the "50% chance to survive a death" armor is I've had 10 or 12 times when I've been stuck in geometry and had to grenade myself to kill myself to get out and when wearing the suit 3 or 4 of those times the blast has knocked me back up onto the map and I've survived with my samples

My first experience was a robot's stray shot set off one of those random hellbombs scattered thru the map and I'm pretty sure I got punted across the map.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

space uncle posted:

I did an easy level mission the other day just to test out some weapons and it was the raise the flag one. It’s a superb hilarious mission and absolutely should have a high end Helldive level version

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

At minimum it should be a side objective like SEAF artillery

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

BurntCornMuffin posted:

It's easily the funniest objective. You call in a flag from orbit that unfolds painfully slowly while the super earth anthem blares out loud, attracting patrols. Also, there's a camera drone documenting your bravery, so you have to hang out the entire time.

Yeah I'm really optimistic about the future of this game if only because the developers have an obvious sense of humor. Like I can just imagine the scenario where these generals are arguing about what missions to send their men on and some dipshit pipes up with the idea for the flag saluting mission and everyone just hoots and hollers lmao

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

smellmycheese posted:

I did an easy level mission the other day just to test out some weapons and it was the raise the flag one. It’s a superb hilarious mission and absolutely should have a high end Helldive level version

Yeah, they 100% should add Raise the Flag objectives to level 9 difficulty.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, they 100% should add Raise the Flag objectives to level 9 difficulty.

If the flag touches the ground for 10 seconds you are branded a traitor and the barrage ensues.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I haven't seen it happen but I want to watch four players drop simultaneously 380 barrages. It would probably crash my game with the luck I've had so far.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Question, why do Chargers have human teeth?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

The pitiful little pyrotechnics that go off when the flag fully raises are the funniest part.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Back Hack posted:

Question, why do Chargers have human teeth?

So they can chew their food. Seems pretty obvious to me

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

I haven't seen it happen but I want to watch four players drop simultaneously 380 barrages. It would probably crash my game with the luck I've had so far.

Get together with some goons to do a quick mission for the 6 barrages going off at once achievement. It's beautiful to see 4 180, 380, and Walking Barrages go off at the same time.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Arc Hammer posted:

Happens at the end of this video somebody posted in the thread a while back.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Got a hot tip for all my fellow hopeless cowboys out there. I know it's bad form to actaully use the sights on the ol wheelgun but the Senator's sights are another one that just goes ahead and lies to you as a joke. You should be aiming using the top of the gun itself, and not the sight. I've added a green dot to this image for clarity:

The gun doesn't shoot super straight so this isn't foolproof, but I've been having better luck getting headshots.

I really hope the fix this issue soon. It was already annoying that it was present on the sniper rifle of all things. It's downright infuriating on the HMG. Oh we know we've got a sight alignment issue, lets either not test for it on this new gun we are releasing that doesn't have a 3rd person reticle or decide it is acceptable to release this weapon with incorrectly aligned sights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

johnny park posted:

So they can chew their food. Seems pretty obvious to me

They are Helldivers who were exposed to a chemical, that's why their armor looks like ours.