Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheMightyBoops posted:

Someone give me a list real or not of failed channel awesome creators I remember a few having really funny names.

unfortunately the one with the funniest name, jew wario, is a dead pedophile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what are some channel awesome members with funny names

jew wario

that is funny

hes dead

thats sad

he was also a pedophile

then im not sad hes dead

and the nostalgia chick made a comparison between raya the last dragon and avatar

which is racist

can i go now

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless

Spaced God posted:

Wasn't the amazing atheist on channel awful for a while too

For like a year under the name Distressed Watcher. He wasn’t very well liked even by the standards of the time.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I haven't thought about that clown in years. Did he pivot from his white supremacist right-wing libertarian takes to being a Bernie democrat like shoe did (while also dropping white supremacy right-wing libertarian takes between mildly progressive policy)?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
i can't believe that Lindsey Ellis "squint" controversy was 3 years ago, all I really remember is the Big Mad people on twitter, one of whom calling Racism on Lindsey for comparing things to Avatar, was an asian woman YA author who's own summary for her ongoing series was "Avatar meets her OCs" (more or less)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Miniminuteman has switched sides and is now a conspiracy truther

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwI-I-NRL_I

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

pentyne posted:

i can't believe that Lindsey Ellis "squint" controversy was 3 years ago, all I really remember is the Big Mad people on twitter, one of whom calling Racism on Lindsey for comparing things to Avatar, was an asian woman YA author who's own summary for her ongoing series was "Avatar meets her OCs" (more or less)

oh so you missed when people here were also melting down over how racist she was

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People who didn’t like her before for whatever little reason just ate that poo poo up. It was insane to see.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo the real lindsay ellis racism moment was when she randomly started yelling about the age of consent in japan when talking about ancient magus bride even though she liked the show and theres nothing really weird in it the whole things just a very innocent beauty and the beast thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was extra weird cause she was like DONT YOU DARE GO IN THE COMMENTS AND TELL ME ITS NOT ACTUALLY 13 but it.. literally isnt lol. weird lady.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

she’s a terminally online millennial. Ofc she’s weird lol

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3op0EGQZh8

It always amazes me that people are able to just throw music together like this on a whim and it sounds good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

pentyne posted:

"Listen to voices!"
"These said it wasn't a big deal and they understand what Ellis meant."
"Not those."

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

it was extra weird cause she was like DONT YOU DARE GO IN THE COMMENTS AND TELL ME ITS NOT ACTUALLY 13 but it.. literally isnt lol. weird lady.

i like how in that same video she talks about how magus bride has more problematic stuff than twilight itself, despite twilight having a teenager falling in love with a literally just born infant but justifies it by saying that Bella is creeped out (even though she's fine with it by the end).

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Are we really going through this all over again?

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

If anyone cares, Spoony is currently live on Conversations with Curtis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soH3cf-Bu_g

I was also a huge fan of his back in the day. Glad to see he's still doing stuff even if it isn't very often.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

DeafNote posted:

do what?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Spoony has always still been doing stuff, he never really went anywhere

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Yeah Spoony didn't really have any epic downfall or singular event that ended his career, he just kinda... flamed out. Archetypical rise and fall story.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Endorph posted:

imo the real lindsay ellis racism moment was when she randomly started yelling about the age of consent in japan when talking about ancient magus bride even though she liked the show and theres nothing really weird in it the whole things just a very innocent beauty and the beast thing

I have found that age discourse never leads anywhere good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeafNote posted:

thats right. we're going to pwn lindsay ellis, for being a chud.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The TechDweeb video is funny once you remember that one of the things you can stick into such devices is a GPU streaming service like Moonlight or Stadia on a slightly stronger device, so technically you can run Cyberpunk 2021 on your lil chinese gameboy if you have something hefty to stream it from.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Endorph posted:

thats right. we're going to pwn lindsay ellis, for being a chud.

I’m putting together a special team. We could use somebody with your particular skills….

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
If anyone’s interested, here’s Sterling doubling down on their DD2 takes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovyyMCjL-Rc

Haven’t watched it, probably not a fun one!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

she's a real annoying freak for real

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I do not want to know what Sterling thinks about anything. :thanks:

Anyway, this is my favorite horror channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5HAGiPcDM8

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Equeen posted:

If anyone’s interested, here’s Sterling doubling down on their DD2 takes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovyyMCjL-Rc

Haven’t watched it, probably not a fun one!
its an incredibly incurious perspective that is ironically extremely hostile to the devs. blaming them for microtransactions that were undoubtedly forced on them by execs as 'proof they know they made a bad game.'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also i dont think liking dragon's dogma 2 is transphobic

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I wonder if she's gonna start a fight with Austin Walker.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

braindead take that no one can enjoy running the same path with the same enemy placement twenty times. speedruns? mmos? arpgs? everyone is lying

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there is literally no reason for a game to inconvenience the player, ever, is some ubisoft slop brain

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

If reading Something Awful has taught me anything, it's that everyone who plays mmos and arpgs hates them. The speedruns who post here seems to have some level of enjoyment though so point taken.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

People should stop getting mad at and or about video games.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hmm might be starting to think that some of these youtube people have really dumb opinions...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
she’s going to keep gnawing on that bone all year

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hope the modders can get all those collectibles and features in.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

the kind of base contrarianism that stephanie sterling engages in when she isn't just making her 500th video about microtransactions was useful in 2010 when games journalism was a narrow field primarily dominated by enthusiast press, but it's not really anything but annoying when there's lots of people with better more nuanced takes just floating around in the space

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Putting together now my video about the evils of horse armor DLC, in this TYOOL 2024.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she seems to genuinely think everyone is just pretending to like dragons dogma 2 as part of a secret transphobic psyop against her, the main character of reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

she seems to genuinely think everyone is just pretending to like dragons dogma 2 as part of a secret transphobic psyop against her, the main character of reality

curses, I've been foiled again