Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This is going to be legendary you guys. Apes together strong. It's gonna be like Gamestop all over again!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Trump will check in to treatment for affluenza, and all will be forgiven

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
THE DRUGS ARE WEARING OFF

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Headlines are starting to pop up saying like "DJT down 25%!" so I bet that'll make some people out there go "ooo I'll go buy that dip" and there'll be a tiny lil bump
disclaimer I don't know anything about this poo poo

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I made a couple hundred bucks off Reddit's IPO launch a couple weeks ago, and I used that two hundo to buy TRUMP! when it dipped to the lowest at $45.50-ish. I have now made :10bux: back in profit since it's back up to $47, and I'm going to sell the stock. Donald just retroactively paid for my account, THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT! :911:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

They send a "billionaire" money, buy his lovely merch, and put their hard earned money into bogus stock.

Then when they are down for the year, they blame Biden and immigrants.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffle House posted:

This is going to be legendary you guys. Apes together strong. It's gonna be like Gamestop all over again!!

In that like 90% of people who poured all their money into it got loving hosed?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I made a couple hundred bucks off Reddit's IPO launch a couple weeks ago, and I used that two hundo to buy TRUMP! when it dipped to the lowest at $45.50-ish. I have now made :10bux: back in profit now that it's up to $47, and I'm going to sell the stock. Donald just retroactively paid for my account, THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT! :911:

what about after taxes?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MattO posted:

Headlines are starting to pop up saying like "DJT down 25%!" so I bet that'll make some people out there go "ooo I'll go buy that dip" and there'll be a tiny lil bump
disclaimer I don't know anything about this poo poo

Today's #1 Loser: DJT (-25%)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It astounds me how many "the emperor isn't wearing any clothes!" moments there have been with Trump.

Just nakedly obvious instances, of which there are hundreds if not thousands, when it becomes clear the man is a bumbling narcissist with the intelligence of a 10 year old.

And people still think he's loving slaving away trying to help the little guy. Dude wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

In that like 90% of people who poured all their money into it got loving hosed?

SCHLONGED

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt a short the price crashing?

lol at the last several years having the stupidiest people learning fin. vocab words and thinking theyre magic spells.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Aramis posted:

Who's calling this turd a growth stock?

Your post read like you thought the financials would improve because it is in its growth phase. If you weren’t making that point then my bad.

Regardless, a healthy growth stock does not post a going concern notice days after its IPO lmao

https://x.com/JCOviedo6/status/1774766071364436190?s=20

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
CNBC is reporting that the loss is because of Trump’s bleak $58M loss with Truth Social but if anyone actually believes for a second that any rationality is applied with regards to this stock, please DM me so I can sell you my mangosteen farm, tyvm.

Also $39.4 million in interest expense is exactly how I’d expect a Trump business to run, so I’m not sure who on Wall Street would be surprised by this. Dude’s up to his bad haircut in debt, why on earth would an investor expect this to be different is beyond me.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Seph posted:

Your post read like you thought the financials would improve because it is in its growth phase. If you weren’t making that point then my bad.

I was just saying that I was expecting a lot worse, not that it's particularly great.

E: but yeah, on second thought, I can see how I may have given that impression.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 1, 2024

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
BUY THE DIPpoo poo's worthless stock

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Speaking as a totally uninformed dumbass I don’t think there is a bump once the stock drops enough unless some dark money investors decide to prop it up for political favor (and even that seems like a losing bet). Some gullible retail investor MAGA dummies might desperately throw their savings at it to help out their best buddy DJT but that’s a drop in the bucket at this point. Everyone else probably got in on day 1 and they’re already out or desperately trying to be out by now

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Aramis posted:

These are much better than I anticipated tbh. A social networks' costs are not that relevant during its growth phase, and I'm shocked they've managed to convince advertisers to spend 4 Mil.

It's awful when you pair it with this article showing their monthly active users are down over 50% vs last year

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
so now that truth social is public, do you think they'll have to moderate trumbo? if so huge LOL.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Seph posted:

Regardless, a healthy growth stock does not post a going concern notice days after its IPO lmao

Psssh! Accountants—what do they know?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Seph posted:

Hahahaha I started reading this assuming it was going to be a statement of reassurance, like "hey guys don't worry, I know things look bad but we audited the financials and trust us, we are going to continue as a going concern"

But lmao it's way not that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We'll see if he thinks this is a going concern after your favorite president (TRUMP!) posts a picture of his daughter (A BIG DEMOCRAT THE BIGGEST YOU HAVE EVER SEEN)

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

LifeSunDeath posted:

so now that truth social is public, do you think they'll have to moderate trumbo? if so huge LOL.

Moderate trumbo sounds like a metal gear character

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The drop off is not just because they showed that they are losing money, it's because anyone who bought it not just because of a blind support of Trump might be a bit worried about this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/trump-media-auditor-warns-losses-raise-doubt-company-rcna145831

quote:

Trump Media listed its largest expense for the year as interest payments totaling more than $39 million.
The filing includes a note from an independent accounting firm, Colorado-based BF Borgers CPA PC, warning that Trump Media's "operating losses raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern." The firm has worked with Trump Media since 2022.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

what about after taxes?

I actually made roughly ~$19 so that'll cover the taxes on my :10bux:.

I'm now posting on Donald's dime.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So are the MAGAs going knives-out trying to find out if it is ANTIFA or Soros or the Deep State or Obama to blame for driving the price down?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lifespan posted:

The drop off is not just because they showed that they are losing money, it's because anyone who bought it not just because of a blind support of Trump might be a bit worried about this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/trump-media-auditor-warns-losses-raise-doubt-company-rcna145831

Borgers

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

where are all the REAL MEN that know about real drill bits

https://twitter.com/Gilofthepeople/status/1774745244581474756

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Trump lost his dollars. I'm LOLing fine. If Donald's involved there's probably crime.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Constantly on the cusp of violent but infirm, aging pensioner revolution because, no poo poo, we just flatly suck

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I actually made roughly ~$19 so that'll cover the taxes on my :10bux:.

I'm now posting on Donald's dime.

If you lose money on this make sure you blame BIDEN because that's what everyone else will do!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Lmao, this is exactly what going public is supposed to address: generate operating revenues by diluting ownership. But everyone involved is so loving greedy that the idea of using the raised money to operate the company isn't even conceivable.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nobodygetshurt posted:

where are all the REAL MEN that know about real drill bits

https://twitter.com/Gilofthepeople/status/1774745244581474756

Spoken like a true purveyor of one-liners on twitter

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

PhazonLink posted:

isnt a short the price crashing?

lol at the last several years having the stupidiest people learning fin. vocab words and thinking theyre magic spells.

A short is basically a bet against the stock - you are saying “I don’t think the stock is worth the price that it’s at, I think it’s worth less” and through a variety of options/mechanisms if you’re right you make money. So if you’re short, you’re very happy if/when the stock crashes because that means you’re making money.

In this case, short options are prohibitively expensive because a) everyone & their brother knows that there’s absolutely nothing behind this stock wrt company/users/sales/etc and that eventually it’s all going to turn into a smoking crater b) everyone & their brother also knows this is a meme stock and insanely risky/volatile to try and game out

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

idiotsavant posted:

A short is basically a bet against the stock - you are saying “I don’t think the stock is worth the price that it’s at, I think it’s worth less” and through a variety of options/mechanisms if you’re right you make money. So if you’re short, you’re very happy if/when the stock crashes because that means you’re making money.

In this case, short options are prohibitively expensive because a) everyone & their brother knows that there’s absolutely nothing behind this stock wrt company/users/sales/etc and that eventually it’s all going to turn into a smoking crater b) everyone & their brother also knows this is a meme stock and insanely risky/volatile to try and game out

Yeah the fun thing about a short is that you can lose infinite money

If you buy high and the stock crashes, the most you can lose is what you already paid. Even if it goes to $0 you can write off your investment and that's the end of it.

If you short a stock and then it goes TO DA MOON, you are loving ruined

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The price is going to swing wildly because the company is a rusty bucket of dog vomit and people are only buying/selling shares in increasingly complicated schemes to get rich quick by loving over everyone else involved.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Put options are a bit pricey unless you wanna buy below ~33 strike. I punted a 28 for funsies. This Friday expiry.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Iirc “unlimited losses” is naked shorting which is insane unless you’re just a rich degen but I think puts are more protected? I think it’s been put options that are specifically at impossible terms right now though cause everyone is like “yeah nah that stock is trash lol no bet”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

idiotsavant posted:

Iirc that’s naked shorting but I think puts are more protected? I think it’s been put options that are specifically at impossible terms right now though cause everyone is like “yeah nah that stock is trash lol no bet”

Puts are more protected because you pay for the risk up-front. So you lose out on some potential profit in exchange for not having to deal with infinite potential losses.

With a naked short, you make money as soon as you enter your position, and then figure out how much of it you get to keep at a later time (that amount being potentially negative)