Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

a neat cape posted:

Ty for tolerating me over the years friends

Hope you’re not going anywhere :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
its his 20th anniversary on the forums, he isn't killing himself. Congrats SA2k, from teen to elder

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

What choice do we have

;)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

You’re a good person :hfive:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Einstein is out of surgery and recovering! It went about as well as it could have. No sign of metastatic disease and no other lesions or nodules on other organs. It was a huge tumor, 1.6 kilograms, and his new weight is 16 kg. There were some adhesions to the omentum, which indicates either a small rupture occurred in the past, or that it was primed for rupture which would have been fatal. Ironically, the thing we brought him in for seems to have resolved partially, probably due to all the pain and anti-inflam meds he was getting. He was wagging his tail a little bit before surgery.

I already prepped the guest room, but the hardest part is going to be keeping him from wanting to play and run around with our other dog. So my wife and he are going to move into the guest room (since its on the ground floor) for his recovery. I have an interview set up for my other dog so she can do some doggy daycare and get her energy out and socialize so she doesn't drive us any more crazy than she already does. Thanks to everyone for listening to by frantic rambling, will post some drugged out doggy pics when he comes home in a day or two.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Einstein is out of surgery and recovering! It went about as well as it could have. No sign of metastatic disease and no other lesions or nodules on other organs. It was a huge tumor, 1.6 kilograms, and his new weight is 16 kg. There were some adhesions to the omentum, which indicates either a small rupture occurred in the past, or that it was primed for rupture which would have been fatal. Ironically, the thing we brought him in for seems to have resolved partially, probably due to all the pain and anti-inflam meds he was getting. He was wagging his tail a little bit before surgery.

I already prepped the guest room, but the hardest part is going to be keeping him from wanting to play and run around with our other dog. So my wife and he are going to move into the guest room (since its on the ground floor) for his recovery. I have an interview set up for my other dog so she can do some doggy daycare and get her energy out and socialize so she doesn't drive us any more crazy than she already does. Thanks to everyone for listening to by frantic rambling, will post some drugged out doggy pics when he comes home in a day or two.

:neckbeard: glad to hear the pup is doing well, pet them for me tyvm

In fact, all y'all pet your dogs for me

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh man that's great news Swickles. And also, my condolences for your vet bill.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Awesome news, glad to hear the doggo’s on the recovery. :)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Please let us know when the dog farts and I’m glad he’s doing OK.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Hey! Good outcomes! I like it.

Happy for you guys, that must’ve been super scary.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

Swickles is just going to blame the dog no matter what

swickles posted:

Knowing him he was probably farting during surgery. Dude is a gas blower.

See?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 1, 2024

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Freaquency posted:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

swickles posted:

thanks for the fart update, babe

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

Well who else is going to give me the rundown on every single Star Trek show??

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Good dog

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love dogs so much

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love dogs so much

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:3:

my dog will not tolerate any kind of clothing or costume. That poo poo gets shaken off IMMEDIATELY. She seems to find it undignified, which is rich coming from an animal who cannot stop eating trash and poop but so it goes

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I spend too much time reading BWM thread and sometimes it pays off

https://twitter.com/101yds/status/1774846551317258379?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Congrats! Now give us the pics

:yeah:

LeeMajors posted:

God. My sis just bought a new pickup for the farm, and it was like $55k with all sorts of features and has already hauled a ton of random farm stuff and taken a few goats to the vet, so you know, actually used for pickup truck stuff.

And finally, this is just ridiculous athleticism:

https://twitter.com/nmsnpwz/status/1774346421095088327

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I feel like a $78,000 dollar vehicle should be able to drive itself without killing me like the Teslas would.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
3k a month in car payments is insane and she treats it like a complete joke

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

FAS

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I have to assume they have rich parents that heavily subsidize their lifestyle.

Nov 6, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

I have to assume they have rich parents that heavily subsidize their lifestyle.

The country is full of people who make good money that live hand to mouth because they spend every dollar they earn and many that they don't.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

she mentions a 3rd car at the end -- an Audi. So they could have even more.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Neil Armbong posted:

she mentions a 3rd car at the end -- an Audi. So they could have even more.

Like, that has just be just rage baiting or something, right? Why would someone volunteer that they're that much of a dumbass? Or are they just flexing that they make enough that they can afford paying that much on a car note?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Owing 72k on a sierra after making $1600 payments every month for 2 years is so funny poo poo.

3 months of owning that Vette (and selling it for a small profit) are the closest I’ll be in a long time to owning anything near that price.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think that guy has more of a remaining balance on that truck then I do on my house.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The country is full of people who make good money that live hand to mouth because they spend every dollar they earn and many that they don't.

Yeah, but I'm guessing her career is "influencer" which doesn't actually pay that much money if you aren't at Mr Beast or one of the Paul brothers level. Aka someone I know who exists without ever actually watching any of their videos.

Nov 6, 2002

I would assume if they're paying 14% they have bad credit to begin with and were already extremely leveraged from other loans. I can imagine they've bought boats, ATVs, motorcycles, etc all on credit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also love the idea that she thinks you can just let a $75k debt get repoed and walk away like nothing.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Kalli posted:

Also love the idea that she thinks you can just let a $75k debt get repoed and walk away like nothing.

Maybe it'll sell for more at the auction after it gets repoed, and they'll get a check back!

I think I have maybe seen that like.....twice?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
That car payment is disgusting and it's pathetic to be proud of that.

I'm glad your dog is doing well too, swickles!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ozymandius1024 posted:

Like, that has just be just rage baiting or something, right? Why would someone volunteer that they're that much of a dumbass? Or are they just flexing that they make enough that they can afford paying that much on a car note?

If you assume everything is rage bait you’ll have a good hit rate. Although in this case the alternative is people being dumb as hell which is also very good odds…

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/101yds/status/1774846551317258379?s=20

Videos that precede a breakup

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'll never be wealthy for a number of different reasons, but one of them is the fact that I cannot wrap my head around the ECON 101 notion that having more cash on-hand, even if it means having a bunch of debt, is better than spending a bunch of said cash to pay off said debt.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

C-Euro posted:

I'll never be wealthy for a number of different reasons, but one of them is the fact that I cannot wrap my head around the ECON 101 notion that having more cash on-hand, even if it means having a bunch of debt, is better than spending a bunch of said cash to pay off said debt.

Just need to have cash on hand and no debt, easy peazy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Like, you need some cash for emergencies, but who is saying it's better to have loads of cash and carry debt? That's not right.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Both of that lady’s car payments are higher than my mortgage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

Like, you need some cash for emergencies, but who is saying it's better to have loads of cash and carry debt? That's not right.

I think they’re referring to investing or high-interest accounts vs lower APR for loan servicing but I’m not 100% sure.