Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

it's like how Lex beat Superman in Red Son

Why don’t just you put the whole roster in a chokehold, Phil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

DLC Inc posted:

he was handed the world title from the two most protected men + worked with the most over heel/future world champ with further plans for them both in the company and still cried. he had his own loving SHOW. He was handed all this and still found ways to be inconsolably pissy. It's loving amazing. Nobody to this day in AEW HISTORY was given this much on a silver platter.

Exactly. Nothing was ever going to be enough for Philip. Everyone is always out to get him - "No one wanted me there since day one"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

I watched CM Punk’s UFC fights, choking somebody a little bit is all he’s physically capable of doing in a a real fight

Umm he never even got close enough to choke anybody in a real fight :eng101:

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Also if he doesn’t think guaranteed money is a good idea then surely he’s working at WWE now based on only the tickets his name helped sell right?

Right?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Dango Bango posted:

Umm he never even got close enough to choke anybody in a real fight :eng101:

how quickly we forget one of the worst guillotine attempts of all time

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bard Maddox posted:

Lol. Lmao.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1774883476610629866

look in my eyes what do you seeeee
someone who needs more work in therapy

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bard Maddox posted:

"I will now DDT myself out of pity"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Shard posted:

it's like how Lex beat Superman in Red Son

This is incredibly accurate. It's "Why don't you put the whole world in a bottle?" mixed with "Don't yell at Homer just because he's a little slow."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DLC Inc posted:

endlessly amused how it was Hangman's poo poo, and not Eddie's, that wound him up

It is not kayfabe that Punk thinks Eddie is beneath him.

Punk felt threatened by the anxious millennial cowboy because Page was better across the board than old grump rear end chalk bones Phil

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I didn't know archive dot org had fite versions of AEW episodes :kingsley:

Darby's "my good friend cm punk" aside in a promo always stuck in my head but i had forgotten the whole context and what happened before, Punk was getting booed hard by New Jersey :lol:, this was after Ricky won the Owen.

https://streamable.com/8yrb21

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

sba posted:

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1774883476610629866

look in my eyes what do you seeeee
someone who needs more work in therapy

Punk never had a cowboy themed birthday, please don’t hold him accountable for his actions! He just gets so dang angry when he sees Hangman, it’s not his fault!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I can only imagine how fast Megha is driving her car away from Daily's Place after stealing TK's phone

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i hope tony sues cm punk so hard that it ends whatever friendships he has left in the wrestling business

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
workers rights for me, not for thee

https://x.com/wonf4w/status/1774883440309031359?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope that whatever fallout there is from this, that it’s funny 😌

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s guaranteed

Someone get Tony his posting powder

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ok mr. punk we're calculating your house earnings, minus lawyer and HR costs and lost profits due to the fact that you cannot get into a ring for five minutes without all of your bones imploding, and.... you owe tony khan 12 trillion dollars???

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I’m not the only person who said it at the time, but Punk’s comment about the Bucks’ “not being able to manage a Target” showed exactly what kind of person he was. He’s a rich (maybe not any more), out of touch guy who loves to do all the performative things to act like he’s progressive and cool. But, deep down, he just wants life to be easy for him and he has no empathy for anyone else.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hangman tried to ruin a million dollar house is doing a lot of lifting inside his mind

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think the people who hang anything on Punk being progressive or woke or whatever are barking up the wrong tree. Like it’s just a character he’s playing, it’s his gimmick. The proof of his character is everything outside of the ring.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shithead who doesn't hate anyone on an ideological level and thinks you should be nice but mostly just cares about money is also just pretty progressive for wrestling

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

I’m not the only person who said it at the time, but Punk’s comment about the Bucks’ “not being able to manage a Target” showed exactly what kind of person he was. He’s a rich (maybe not any more), out of touch guy who loves to do all the performative things to act like he’s progressive and cool. But, deep down, he just wants life to be easy for him and he has no empathy for anyone else.

Managing a whole-rear end Target would be pretty hard.

Something tells me Punk is kinda dumb.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

So it's come to this: Busting out the ol' "I wasn't fired, I quit" nugget.

E: Next year when Mania is in Minneapolis and Punk can't wrestle (He will be on the PUP list, guaranteed) maybe he could manage a Target for a day as part of the local publicity blitz.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

come on tony don't let us down give us a killer response

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

JethroMcB posted:

So it's come to this: Busting out the ol' "I wasn't fired, I quit" nugget.

E: Next year when Mania is in Minneapolis and Punk can't wrestle (He will be on the PUP list, guaranteed) maybe he could manage a Target for a day as part of the local publicity blitz.

Punk didn’t get fired, he quit.
Punk didn’t fight anyone, but he choked Jungle Boy.
Punk didn’t come back for money, but he thought he came back for money and was angry AEW wasn’t making enough money for him.
Punk is a leftist, but also maybe guys shouldn’t get paid so much!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Punk goes to the WWE during it's hottest time in recent history, and is talking about drawing?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
“Tony isn’t a BOSS, he’s a NICE GUY” said CM Punk about the man who fired him after he assaulted coworkers twice

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I do like how everything he has said today has confirmed every story about him being a pissy baby.

Like if a guy goes to you and tries to make up, you don't have to be friends, you didn't even have to work any match,but you listen and be an adult, move on,count your money and chill.

I mean Eddie didn't(still doesn't) like Punk but still worked with him.

Bret hated Shawn and still worked matches with him even during their hateful period at the end.

Phil is such a baby brained moron.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
lol

Also lmao

The only part of that I actually believe is that Charles Montgomery punk is behaving exactly this way as a trauma response to his deprived childhood

I like that hangman and Moxley were exactly 100% correct

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i can't wait until Punk starts saying Metallica offered him to be the new bassist for the band but he couldn't because he was too traumautised from choking Jack Perry

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Also regarding Punk telling Tony to take care of Hangman because he won’t like it if he has to:

Tony absolutely should have handled the friction between the Elite and Punk better. It was a massive fumbling on his part. But even if Tony took care of it perfectly, Punk has proven time and time again that he’s the type of person that holds grudges forever. What could Tony have possibly done to make Punk happy?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/trevordame/status/1774887892139360666?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

Also regarding Punk telling Tony to take care of Hangman because he won’t like it if he has to:

Tony absolutely should have handled the friction between the Elite and Punk better. It was a massive fumbling on his part. But even if Tony took care of it perfectly, Punk has proven time and time again that he’s the type of person that holds grudges forever. What could Tony have possibly done to make Punk happy?

probably nothing short of a full WCW-Hogan style stranglehold on the company to its detriment

he still would have quit

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

a dumb moron posted:

He could've gave him his own show where he has power over the roster used and booking deci-

Oh

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

a dumb moron posted:

If Tony had fired Hangman and somehow wiped Hangman from existence then that might have been enough. Then again, Punk still apparently flies into a seething rage at the mere mention of Colt Cabana, so maybe Tony would also need to travel back in time, kill Hangman as a baby, and prevent him from ever existing in the first place.

Also more Starbucks cards for Punk to hand out.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

A Fancy Hat posted:

If Tony had fired Hangman and somehow wiped Hangman from existence then that might have been enough. Then again, Punk still apparently flies into a seething rage at the mere mention of Colt Cabana, so maybe Tony would also need to travel back in time, kill Hangman as a baby, and prevent him from ever existing in the first place.

Also more Starbucks cards for Punk to hand out.

And then the All Out meltdown still happens.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

a dumb moron posted:

Even after Hangman put him over he still had to get multiple receipts in.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If colt, the elite and jungle boy didn’t exist punk would invent them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Seams posted:

If colt, the elite and jungle boy didn’t exist punk would invent them

Pretty much, he is always going to invent a new villian and do whatever he needs to justify his choices