Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

otter posted:

This is what gets me though.
That is the very design of capitalism. In order for one person to be successful and rich, many others must be crushed and destitute. That's the necessary nature of how it works. Every dollar concentrated to those "good at capitalism" is another dollar removed from someone moving them closer to being dead/dying on the streets. As far as I have seen, there is no capitalism model which allows everyone to get rich and successful without exploitation and without someone else suffering. That is the very design of it. So anyone who is left behind by capitalism is proof it's "working as intended". How can people be so bad at understanding that they themselves may be the person who is trodden upon, and if they worship capitalism, they MUST accept that this is an inevitability of it, and they are simply the one who had to be crushed? (no hard feelings for crushing me, glad you could be successful!). Except it's never that. it's always, "Those [minorities of choice] did this to me!"

Capitalism is not compatible with humanity.

Anyway, I'm aware this is a Wendys and I'll take a large orange frosty, yes I'm using the app.

Would you like to scan your barcode for reward points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Buce posted:

hope hicks is just such an on-the-nose name for a republican operative; i feel like it's just lazy writing at this point.

Redd Knecke

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

On Sunday, driving along FM 1488 in Texas I saw a Trump banner. Lol

I used to live like 3 minutes from that road and it always weirded me out to drive on it. It was not even remotely as cool as living on Hwy666 in New Mexico.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

George H.W. oval office posted:

Florida has to pass constitutional measures by 60% so lol weed and abortions there is a real chance they fail

florida really is a swampy pit of misery

and it will likely remain so

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Scags McDouglas posted:

If Trump goes down and drags the entire RNC down with him I will...... start... liking him....?

If Trump takes down the RNC there is a 100% chance there will be a bunch of people that are like "Trump's plan was to take down the Republican establishment the entire time by being a big fail-king", many of whom will be current GOP voters who will actively vote for Trump in this very election.

Do not be like those people.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Jelly posted:

If Trump takes down the RNC there is a 100% chance there will be a bunch of people that are like "Trump's plan was to take down the Republican establishment the entire time by being a big fail-king", many of whom will be current GOP voters who will actively vote for Trump in this very election.

The Prophet Lindsey Graham

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Jelly posted:

Sure but that's extrapolating out a whole lotta thoughts I definitely won't have. I'm a simple man I just like seeing the GOP lose, anywhere, any ticket, any time.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
that saying about how -imperial wars eventually find their way home,- the gop, as a home, had this coming for decades.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Psssh! Accountants—what do they know?

Experts?! The same people who told us germs were real???

gently caress them I'm throwing my life savings at Worlds Most Successful Businessman Donald Trump let's go Brando

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is the FL abortion amendment:

https://initiativepetitions.elections.myflorida.com/InitiativeForms/Fulltext/Fulltext_2307_EN.pdf

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Durf posted:

Experts?! The same people who told us germs were real???

gently caress them I'm throwing my life savings at Worlds Most Successful Businessman Donald Trump let's go Brando

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF ME EATING IVERMECTIN PASTE

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

ianskate posted:

"A New Yorker" who can say and do anything, worth billions, but he's clearly not a coastal elite. He's a blue collar working man hero, just like Mike Rowe, churning out steamy Truths 24/7 for the unseen white folks left behind by capitalism!

Mike Rowe is a J6 apologist, vaccine skeptic, and tries to dance around whether or not he thinks the 2020 election was rigged which means he definitely thinks it was rigged. He is also vocally against raising the minimum wage for those blue collar workers he claims to represent.

gently caress Mike Rowe.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/trump-2028/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Murdstone posted:

Psssh! Accountants—what do they know?

I worked with one until about 2022. Just before Covid shutdowns, she stormed through the office exasperated because people were freaking out about this novel virus. She muttered "I can't believe people are freaking out about this. It only has a death rate of 1%!" An accountant. Anyway, she moved to Florida in 2022 to escape the blue state hellhole called Missouri (?!?!). I think about her way too often. I hope she's regretting everything in life.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
add'l: I occasionally check this account that finds and posts silly real names of people they find. This is the image they picked to represent "Georgia Branes" lol

https://twitter.com/ActualNames1/status/1774920834685309225

them's sure are an example of georgia branes, alright.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

lol Obama 3rd term baby

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

LordoftheScheisse posted:

I worked with one until about 2022. Just before Covid shutdowns, she stormed through the office exasperated because people were freaking out about this novel virus. She muttered "I can't believe people are freaking out about this. It only has a death rate of 1%!" An accountant. Anyway, she moved to Florida in 2022 to escape the blue state hellhole called Missouri (?!?!). I think about her way too often. I hope she's regretting everything in life.

Now now, could be dead.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Two paragraphs in and it's already immersed in absurdity and propoganda.

quote:

Not only did Trump secure the nomination following his defeat in 2020—a rather incredible feat in and of itself—but did so in spite of every obstacle the mainstream media, the Republican establishment, and the lawfare apparatus have put in his way.

Yes it was soooo challenging for him to do nothing, absolutely nothing, avoid every debate, post on his Special Platform for Special Boys and coast into the coronation waiting for him. Geez the guy must be so exhausted.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Scags McDouglas posted:

Two paragraphs in and it's already immersed in absurdity and propoganda.

Yes it was soooo challenging for him to do nothing, absolutely nothing, avoid every debate, post on his Special Platform for Special Boys and coast into the coronation waiting for him. Geez the guy must be so exhausted.

You were expecting the 'American Conservative' to do anything but immerse into absurdity and lick Trump's feet?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

kazil posted:

Looks like someone might have tried to cornfield themselves at the Atlanta FBI field office

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1774873608692633729

"APRIL FOOOO-

(gets lit up by Feds)

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Is the ramp OK?????

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Scags McDouglas posted:

If Trump goes down and drags the entire RNC down with him I will...... start... liking him....?

Even if he takes 'em out, I'll still not like him. I might die of laughter though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

I assume Florida Republicans have a war chest of funds and aren't totally reliant on the RNC

https://twitter.com/mbar62/status/1744112404521222585

Also, they had to just kick out the President because he is under rape allegations.

So.. Florida won't have much for funding for anyone this go around. Let alone any leadership. They're going into an election year broke and blind.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Philthy posted:

So.. Florida won't have much for funding for anyone this go around. Let alone any leadership. They're going into an election year broke and blind.

It'll still go red but I absolutely love the news.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Scags McDouglas posted:

Is the ramp OK?????

That oil is from the former offender's vehicle and will rinse right off.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Philthy posted:

Also, they had to just kick out the President because he is under rape allegations.

they aren't allegations

it has been determined by a court to be truth

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I honestly wonder if DeSantis will be as good at rigging Florida elections now that his reason for doing so (being president one day) is firmly dead and in the ground.

Maybe if he was running for a senate seat he would be as motivated as he was last time?

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

My grandfather has an absolutely beautiful little house on a major river going into Lake Okeechobee. It's in the middle of the state (so the middle of nowhere) and absolutely perfect for just sitting around relaxing and doing nothing. The times I've gone down to visit him, I loved sitting out on the screened in porch with a cold drink and a book, watching the boats and wildlife go by, and the afternoon and evening storms roll in.

Now that he can't live alone any more, we're selling it. My dad and I talked about it; we'd love to keep it, and we'd happily each pay half to buy it from grandad and keep it in the family, but there's a big problem: It's in Florida. None of us want property in that loving hellhole. gently caress Florida.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Scags McDouglas posted:

It'll still go red but I absolutely love the news.

Likely, but the DNC and Biden hammering how DeSantis and Republicans failed to control Florida's insane inflation and insurance prices compared to the rest of the country is going to make a lot of those coffin dodgers pissed as hell that their boy has let them down as they pull that red lever on election day.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Laughing at the windshield wipers still going

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Trump 2028 doesn’t mean Donald, it’s for Eric.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Log082 posted:

My grandfather has an absolutely beautiful little house on a major river going into Lake Okeechobee. It's in the middle of the state (so the middle of nowhere) and absolutely perfect for just sitting around relaxing and doing nothing. The times I've gone down to visit him, I loved sitting out on the screened in porch with a cold drink and a book, watching the boats and wildlife go by, and the afternoon and evening storms roll in.

Now that he can't live alone any more, we're selling it. My dad and I talked about it; we'd love to keep it, and we'd happily each pay half to buy it from grandad and keep it in the family, but there's a big problem: It's in Florida. None of us want property in that loving hellhole. gently caress Florida.

I sympathize with you. Growing up I never thought I'd do more than visit South Carolina but now I've bought a house here and plan to stay put for a while. I always thought I'd move somewhere morel liberal and enjoy being surrounded by more like minded people, however I've come to see it differently. It's going to take people like us moving in and helping to change the political landscape by voting and influencing others to follow suit.

Basically, don't cede territory to these fuckers.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Reminder that Rick Scott is on the FL ballot in 2024 and he barely squeaked by last time.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ProfessorMarvel posted:

Would you like to scan your barcode for reward points?
would you like to round up your total so we can donate your change?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

InsertPotPun posted:

would you like to round up your total so we can donate your change?

dont forget to keep your receipt for 5% off your next order ($20 maximum purchase)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I do agree that ai shitposting is lazy, but some things just gotta be posted.
like this heavenly joining of a man and uh... wait that's not Gollum.
Obviously NWS NMS
spoilerd for HellNipple.
:nws:

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 2, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you do not in fact gotta post that

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

CommieGIR posted:

You were expecting the 'American Conservative' to do anything but immerse into absurdity and lick Trump's feet?

Sir, sir! So sorry, but some of your mushrooms fell out while you were hugging the flag too hard and they landed on your feet -- here, allow me.
* American Conservative drops to hands and knees and starts slurping them up like worms *

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I like that the Cthuloids all have a WTF look in their eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trump 2028 doesn’t mean Donald, it’s for Eric.

It's his bank balance in dollars come November.