Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cm punk in aew retrospective: chicken salad into chicken poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tully loving Blanchard handled himself better backstage than CM Punk did, like come on.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Raeg posted:

It's okay to choke a work colleague to protect car rentals, it's perfectly legal.

A+ Post/AV combo

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Punk is just a dementia brain mangled weirdo. He was on RAW the other day talking about going down on his wife for no reason. I think he is just genuinely dumb as gently caress and has no idea what he thinks or believes. I wish he’d start drinking can you imagine the hijinks he’d get into. Someone should dose him with LSD

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'm always curious about what AJ thinks, though I imagine she'd just say, "well, Punk's punk"

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Tweak posted:

I'm always curious about what AJ thinks, though I imagine she'd just say, "well, Punk's punk"

And CM Punk would consider this the ultimate betrayal probably

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think he is just genuinely dumb as gently caress and has no idea what he thinks or believes.

many such cases

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

You know when someone says something stupid and instead of stopping they keep saying stupid things and it just gets weirder and more uncomfortable

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

There is no way in gently caress CM Punk could beat up Tony Khan be serious

Joey McChrist posted:

this interview probably only happened today to dampen the new developments from the trafficking investigation and it still made punk look even pettier and stupid than before

Gotta hand it to them You don't have to hand it to them, WWE found the best way to use Punk.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

CM Punk's next staring role as.... Cameron Poe

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Dimebags Brain posted:

Gotta hand it to them You don't have to hand it to them, WWE found the best way to use Punk.

Poorly aged username

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
It's a shame his reactions and promo during the First Dance on Rampage are becoming less and less genuine as time goes on.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Stu Grayson has been released again

mooseinfants fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 2, 2024

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774967483801199088?t=tRaAFRWgw5H4B_573xU8aQ&s=19

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Kennel posted:

Ospreay vs Hobbs?

(granted, it won't be your standard 4.75-5.25 star Ospreay showcase, but that kind of makes it interesting)

They'll doing Collision taping as well.

oh poo poo! the card on the tweet wasn't the full picture, literally. Yeah, i WOULD travel to see opsreay and hobbs do some neat poo poo. thank you for bringing that to my attention

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

some april fools getting released

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

mooseinfants posted:

it stinks, but is understandable that he wanted to distance himself from the dark order. i mean, especially as they are now. but he was great as the snarling actually deranged looking lieutenant miniboss lookin dude in the sillyguy group

e drat these mania season cuts get worse every year

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

mooseinfants posted:

Sucks but not surprising.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cleaning house of the punk loyalists after todays interview

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

JUNGLE BOY posted:

cleaning house of the punk loyalists after todays interview

darby getting the steve austin fedex special as we speak

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It's been said before, but imagine telling someone in 2019 that all of these wrestlers would be relevant to AEW in five years.

i would have believed it instantly.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Have they released Matt and Jeff yet? If so, they should.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Have they released Matt and Jeff yet? If so, they should.

didnt they just offer matt another contract

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I really don’t like the idea of AEW doing releases for budgetary reasons. One of the incentives of early AEW was that they’d honor the term of your contract.

That said, you could easily trim 30-50 people from the roster and not affect the onscreen product at all.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
i hear they released cm punk, confirm? deny?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774973388991152204

Cutting anyone who didn't actively want out sucks; cutting people who were still an active presence on TV as of recently sucks worse!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

shiksa posted:

it stinks, but is understandable that he wanted to distance himself from the dark order. i mean, especially as they are now. but he was great as the snarling actually deranged looking lieutenant miniboss lookin dude in the sillyguy group

e drat these mania season cuts get worse every year

What's really weird is that they put him with the Righteous in ROH, but then they got called up without him. Like, why couldn't Stu get to be on TV too?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol they're really going to release people for the first time on april fool's?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

didnt they just offer matt another contract

yeah, frickin workin the shirt stand!!!

but for real. im a lifelong hardy mark but its gotta be over, guys. it doesnt look dangerous in a cool, sexy way anymore. it looks dangerous in a "dad fell off the roof" way. i think they should get some sort of proper sendoff something for sure though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1774888227431706726

:lol: Colt wanted to try and hash things out and Punk was like "no, i need my lawyer first!"

A lot has already been said, and I haven't watched the interview (and I ain't gonna!) but out of everything this stood out the most to me as,"Wait, he thinks this makes him look good?"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

shiksa posted:

yeah, frickin workin the shirt stand!!!

each show he could be shouting at people to buy poo poo with a different era gimmick

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Cutting anyone who didn't actively want out sucks; cutting people who were still an active presence on TV as of recently sucks worse!

NO

NO TONY KHAN BAD TONY KHAN

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

xbilkis posted:

Not Dasha.

I like Dasha :negative:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Releases, when not requested, are poo poo, and cutting Dasha makes no sense to me. You're not going to get Justin Roberts on every show and Dasha was already filling in for him on weeks he couldn't make it, and as much as I like Bobby Cruise I like him as the ROH voice. Absolutely baffling decision.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/RealistSpeaking/status/1774973278148313165?t=Dxz3vhIgO4MNdMLRHocxbw&s=19

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

xbilkis posted:

hmm this isn't good I don't like it!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://x.com/mandalhuber/status/1774975661708382339?s=46

Aw man.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

there are over a dozen names on the men's roster that are complete wastes of money and space because of how tk books but I still don't want to see them randomly released before their contracts are up with zero notice

weird to do it on april fools day too I guess

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Stu Grayson being released is AEW’s version of Bram being re-signed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Tony's wallet finally feeling the strain after signing Okada, Mone, and Ospreay.