Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

cumpantry posted:

^^^ lmao

woah hold on AVGN was good

Bless James for keeping this character for as long as it has while still putting out bangers. The worst thing I can say about his weaker videos is that I was entertained by them.

DoctorWhat posted:

I think the absence of transmog can be a cool decision. For many years Monster Hunter had absolutely no transmog and as a result, there was an additional meta game to creating attractive armor sets that stood out from the crowd while still meeting the needs of high rank fights.

Yeah, that's absolutely fair. In games like that they tend to act a lot like trophies as much as a protective piece of gear. In games where you get gear and want to keep to a certain fantasy it absolutely should have a transmog system. Rise of the Ronin you can make a wide variety of outfits that work well within the setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cumpantry posted:

woah hold on AVGN was good

the difference between james rolfe and every other angry reviewer is that james is the only one playing a character

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
james doesnt even play modern video games that often hell i dont even think he likes video games that much to begin with he's a movie guy

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the best way to rewatch AVGN is through niconicodouga uploads where roughly translated japanese flies across screen like every time rolfe lands an ASSSS and the screen fills with WWWWW and AAAASSSSSSS

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nerd sama...

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

cumpantry posted:

the best way to rewatch AVGN is through niconicodouga uploads where roughly translated japanese flies across screen like every time rolfe lands an ASSSS and the screen fills with WWWWW and AAAASSSSSSS

lol I have no context for anything avgn or niconicodouga so this is sending me

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Bless James for keeping this character for as long as it has while still putting out bangers. The worst thing I can say about his weaker videos is that I was entertained by them.

Yeah, that's absolutely fair. In games like that they tend to act a lot like trophies as much as a protective piece of gear. In games where you get gear and want to keep to a certain fantasy it absolutely should have a transmog system. Rise of the Ronin you can make a wide variety of outfits that work well within the setting.

It's also the case that most endgame gear looks like rear end, dragged straight from a 12 year olds sketchbook.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

also i looked at her replies and there was seriously barely anyone. like even in the tweets she shows its like 90% reasonable disagreement. she showed a tweet from austin walker come on
then she needs to log off, that’s pathetic

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
what a kusoge load of gently caress

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

lol I have no context for anything avgn or niconicodouga so this is sending me

the nerd has a large cult fanbase in japan and fansubs it rules lol

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

there was a pic posted in here ages ago where some japanese guy posted a comment on one of these translated AVGN vids that went something like "this is what america is all about" and I really wish I had saved it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2asDPQrv0Nw

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
The Pissed Off Angry Gamer’s next best video is his Robocop NES review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EiVa7FPQ28

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that time some random anime had an AVGN and nostalgia critic cameo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really wish the irate gamers Wolverine review was still up.

All that and a bag of potato chips

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
When the Irate Gamer quipped “What a load of rear end burgers and fries!” I knew could never bring myself to genuinely dislike him.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowabunga? Cowafuckin piece of dogshit!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
chris bores is good and he helps the spirits of the damned find peace

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I wish the AVGN would get the band back together; that live show of them is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mike matei is a streamer now, bootsy is mad at mike and james, kyle has a family and may also be mad at james... only screenwave remains

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

what a kusoge load of gently caress

A shitgame load of gently caress?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
even james hair is leaving him

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

We'll always have Board James

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

A shitgame load of gently caress?

yes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh hey I forgot to post the new Cambrian Chronicles video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epw6P56KyTI

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

james doesnt even play modern video games that often hell i dont even think he likes video games that much to begin with he's a movie guy

I mean yeah, of course he doesn't like them, they clearly make him very angry

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mike matei is a streamer now, bootsy is mad at mike and james, kyle has a family and may also be mad at james... only screenwave remains

What in the hell is happening behind the scenes if everyone is mad at James.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
James, fundamentally, sold out. There are a lot of reasons he did it, including a chronically ill child that he had to provide for. But when a bunch of friends are making stuff for fun until it becomes a business for one of them, you're going to have conflict behind the scenes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A channel which usually does serious videos about real world military uniforms decided to branch out a little for April Fools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdylq1bASk4

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

Don’t mix friends and business, basically. And the dangers of turning your hobby into your major source of income.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

fez_machine posted:

He lists his notable critics and haters on twitter as being directly responsible for his death. Including ones who criticised his podcast more than they ever criticised his actions that just came out, thinking of Evan Dorkin here.

I'm trying very hard here to resist making tasteless jokes, but the only response I would have when someone told me I was responsible for a shithead killing himself, it would be something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzItS5BmUNw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Judge Tesla posted:

cinemassacre has become a business but in bootsies case it seems like he is angry he wasnt properly compensated with royalties by screenwave dvd's and ad revenue

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Libluini posted:

I'm trying very hard here to resist making tasteless jokes, but the only response I would have when someone told me I was responsible for a shithead killing himself, it would be something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzItS5BmUNw

this literally played in my head when i heard the news lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

that time some random anime had an AVGN and nostalgia critic cameo

perfect in every way,,,

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cinemassacre has become a business but in bootsies case it seems like he is angry he wasnt properly compensated with royalties by screenwave dvd's and ad revenue

Also he was in close proximity with Mike for long periods of time.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Irate Gamer is cookin’:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

TheMightyBoops posted:

no one tell this man about the Trinity

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Tuesday is the second day of the week.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

TheMightyBoops posted:

I assumed that after Irate Gamer hosed off for a bit, he was up to quiet sleazy poo poo online, like anonymously reviewing strip club buffets in colorful language and the like before "returning"

I wasnt expecting "I have Numerological proof that a demon incursion collapsed the Baltimore bridge" exactly, but I feel Im still probably right

I choose to double down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

wizard2 posted:

I assumed that after Irate Gamer hosed off for a bit, he was up to quiet sleazy poo poo online, like anonymously reviewing strip club buffets in colorful language and the like before "returning"

I wasnt expecting "I have Numerological proof that a demon incursion collapsed the Baltimore bridge" exactly, but I feel Im still probably right

I choose to double down

he had a tv show lol. def worth watching for a laugh. i think he put some of the full eps up on one of his channels