Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
If I'm being honest I thought Gravity was on loan from AAA.

Dasha and the Boys make no sense. I wonder if there's bad news coming down about the tv deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Don’t care about these jobbers but releasing Jose means Tony is dead to me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774973388991152204

Cutting anyone who didn't actively want out sucks; cutting people who were still an active presence on TV as of recently sucks worse!

Well this sucks! Bad call!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

feels bad, man

the boys? jose? dasha ??

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Dasha and the Boys make no sense. I wonder if there's bad news coming down about the tv deal.

If there was I doubt he would have been bragging about it online with bischoff

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm going to hope that some of the weirder ones have to do with their being offered some kind of out from their contract rather than an unceremonious dumping but I guess we'll see.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774983003300569284

This looks like it might be the full list? Hopefully there's not any more

maybe they all did something bad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How you gonna release Dasha?!

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

1glitch0 posted:

If there was bad news about the tv deal there would be way more releases I’d presume.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774983003300569284

This looks like it might be the full list? Hopefully there's not any more

The worst of this list is Anthony Henry, Dasha, and The Boys in that order. Dasha might have taken first place if not for Henry getting released while injured, even if the injury didn’t happen in AEW. Everyone else makes sense IMO. Gravity was pretty bad and Stu’s situation has always been weird so who the hell knows what’s going on there.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

maybe they all did something bad

Tony is calling them and asking what they’re doing. If they say they’re watching Raw he fires them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can see reasons why a few might be for reasons (The Boys are rumored to be kind of weirdos, the Stu rumor, etc.) but it just seems like mostly people who didn't work out like Gravity and Parker, and guys who no longer had a role like Slim J. Henry is getting up there in age but releasing him solo is kind of weird even though Tony does seem to be more partial to JD.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

I can see reasons why a few might be for reasons (The Boys are rumored to be kind of weirdos, the Stu rumor, etc.) but it just seems like mostly people who didn't work out like Gravity and Parker, and guys who no longer had a role like Slim J. Henry is getting up there in age but releasing him solo is kind of weird even though Tony does seem to be more partial to JD.

What sort of weirdos?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
why are there a lot of new posts on mond— awww no

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh poo poo I missed Jose in that list. That also sucks! Bad move, Tony!!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am glad that this far, JD Drake has not been released yet

I don’t get why you would fire half a decent tag team but idk

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rotinaj posted:

Several cases of this is why AEW's tag division is in shambles.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

quote:

The Boys
Dasha
Jose The Assistant
Jora Johl
Anthony Henry
Gravity
Stu Grayson
Parker Boudreaux
Slim J

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ALL THE STARS ARE HERE!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MancXVI posted:

What sort of weirdos?

https://twitter.com/NotJoeSposto/status/1774983023374504328

I seriously doubt this is the reason (they aren''t going to be the only antivax people on the roster!) but every once in awhile someone would mention them having stupid beliefs.

Edit: Joe is the former Leonard Chikarrason so he's tuned into weird Northeast indie drama.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

rotinaj posted:

I am glad that this far, JD Drake has not been released yet

Bucks eliminating competition

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/NotJoeSposto/status/1774983023374504328

I seriously doubt this is the reason (they aren''t going to be the only antivax people on the roster!) but every once in awhile someone would mention them having stupid beliefs.

Edit: Joe is the former Leonard Chikarrason so he's tuned into weird Northeast indie drama.

they got pizza guyed :(

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lid posted:

Everyone is already doing the mad at Dasha and Jose so I'll take the low ground and be Jora Johl was still employed?

rip k-mart low-ki :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It sure sucks that they released Dasha, who is cool and good, instead of the announcer named during speaking out for texting gross poo poo to a minor

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

What’s the Stu rumor (henceforth known as the Stumor)?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The boys are revealed to be da Vinky twins the whole time

Ed:

Ganso Bomb posted:

He had a stumor on his strain

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

That he wouldn't come to Collision when Pat Buck called to tell him to come.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

a dumb moron posted:

If there was bad news about the tv deal there would be way more releases I’d presume.

Hopefully there's no more, but poo poo it's only Monday.

This type of thing is absolutely unprecedented in AEW so it feels something has changed.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ganso Bomb posted:

It sure sucks that they released Dasha, who is cool and good, instead of the announcer named during speaking out for texting gross poo poo to a minor

While true, have you considered Tony's nostalgia?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I believe when Tony originally said he wanted to honor all contracts and not release people he said that there would probably be a point where they would release people, but still not a fan of cutting people even if it makes business sense.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

That he wouldn't come to Collision when Pat Buck called to tell him to come.

Hm, well, that seems like a weird move to make

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy gently caress. AEW doing it's first round of releases on April Fool's Day??

And here I thought all of the new posts since this afternoon were more dunking on Punk :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Don't give out contracts you don't intend to see to their conclusion

not even business sense, just common sense. Bad look for AEW, I don't care who the jobbers are

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tony is a drat billionaire he can afford to ride out contracts. The only reason people should be released is if they ask for it or they get in trouble

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the indys bloom with the blood of majors.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Don't give out contracts you don't intend to see to their conclusion

not even business sense, just common sense. Bad look for AEW, I don't care who the jobbers are

AEW would be maybe the first business in the history of the United States to do this. UFC cuts people constantly, sports teams cut people constantly, companies fire people constantly. Business sense says fire people and fire lots of people.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

AEW would be maybe the first business in the history of the United States to do this. UFC cuts people constantly, sports teams cut people constantly, companies fire people constantly. Business sense says fire people and fire lots of people.

I hate business sense

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
We foolishly thought Tony Khan was above business sense.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1774888227431706726

:lol: Colt wanted to try and hash things out and Punk was like "no, i need my lawyer first!"

goddamn hes such a loving baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
why in the world would you do releases on april fools day, that's just weird.