Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Does that mean we're getting Bobby Cruise announcing collision?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
heres a list of people aew needs to release https://www.allelitewrestling.com/aew-roster

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sir Tonk posted:

Does that mean we're getting Bobby Cruise announcing collision?

I think so. They also signed someone else recently who might slot in as a ring announcer but pretty sure she was an interviewer?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I guess that BTDO skit with Jose and PPA won't continue.

C'mon. Jose? Dasha? The Boys? Really??? :sigh:

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
If the releases were an april fools joke, Tony would have posted a Springsteen gif

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Firing Henry while he's injured is a real poo poo move.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

We foolishly thought Tony Khan was above business sense.

There are no good billionaires, even if they're big wrestling nerds.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

how the gently caress do you release jose

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Dasha is really a strange release since she seems to do a ton of backstage interviews and is good at her job.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/joseassistant/status/1774985294107861452?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Man releases suck

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Cabbit posted:

There are no good billionaires, even if they're big wrestling nerds.

Wish TK were more humane so that we could continue dunking on Phil instead but alas.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
lmao Tony's network contract proposals came back with CUT COSTS stamped on top

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Wish TK were more humane so that we could continue dunking on Phil instead but alas.

Fear not! There will be many, many, many more opportunities to dunk on Punk. I'm sure of it.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Long-Time Lurker posted:

We have the WWE thread to do that. Nothing else happens there.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

lmao Tony's network contract proposals came back with CUT COSTS stamped on top

There is something kind of morbidly funny that the cut costs people care about aren't the wrestlers but the manager of a man who was also released and RUSH who needs no one, and Dasha the other ring announcer and the other interviewer.

Dasha's makes less sense though given if you're cutting backstage superfluousness I'd start with Alex Marvez and then dodge bullets and say keep Dasha and get rid of RJ City with her doing all if RJ's old roles.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

There is something kind of morbidly funny that the cut costs people care about aren't the wrestlers but the manager of a man who was also released and RUSH who needs no one, and Dasha the other ring announcer and the other interviewer.

Dasha's makes less sense though given if you're cutting backstage superfluousness I'd start with Alex Marvez and then dodge bullets and say keep Dasha and get rid of RJ City with her doing all if RJ's old roles.

Tony loves RJ and thinks he brings a lot to the table so he'd cut a ton of people before he cut RJ.

The problem is Tony got a taste of firing people for the hell of it with Kevin Kelly and assumed it felt as good to fire other people as it did to fire Kevin, and he will find that is not the case.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Oasx posted:

Dasha is really a strange release since she seems to do a ton of backstage interviews and is good at her job.

Announcing a pinfall victory as a submission on Collision was strike three. Mr. Wardlow was apparently strike one and two

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Shad made him do it to toughen him up

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
RJ City gives me the save vibes as Brian Foster if you know that drama and I was always skeeved out by him and felt crazy until that shoe dropped. It's irrational gut feeling but it's there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Personally, I'd have just fired Kevin Kelly another dozen times or so and given everyone else a lil' easter bonus. As a treat.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lid posted:

RJ City gives me the save vibes as Brian Foster if you know that drama and I was always skeeved out by him and felt crazy until that shoe dropped. It's irrational gut feeling but it's there.

Hmmm

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Tomy Khan mad with power, fires Swole again

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Announcing a pinfall victory as a submission on Collision was strike three. Mr. Wardlow was apparently strike one and two

Mr. Wardlow was the best creative this company has come up with in ages and they wasted it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Trying posted:

Shad made him do it to toughen him up

tony holding back tears as he takes slim j behind the barn

e: i dont think its very cool to make "this person gives me *bad vibes* like [known shitheel]" posts even if u were right before. ive been right before, but im often very dumb and wrong!

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 2, 2024

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

Oh yeah totally i know all about Brian Foster, and that drama

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

For those who don't know, Brian Foster formerly worked for d&d show Critical Role and was accused of assault by multiple women including his ex girlfriend (and main Critical Role cast member) Ashley Johnson, who filed a restraining order against him.

Sure, let's compare RJ City to him on the basis of nothing. Extremely normal way to behave.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

:ohno:

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022
We never really know anyone we see on TV but like, what? RJ just makes obscure references at the expense of wrestlers, he’s about as harmless as it gets.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
RJ City, a gay man, may be just like a mass sex pest of women based on vibes

We've found Nick Hausman's SA account

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/Raion74_/status/1775052770959413305

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lid posted:

This is the weirdest post I’ve ever read.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

April 1st, 2024 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a wrestling company, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Tony Khan announced The Boys had been released tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

AEW was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Jora Johl, Stu Grayson, Jose the Assistant, and The Boys were all quality wrestlers that combined fun gimmicks with in ring talent. They may have been cartoony and humorous at times, but deep down they were always realistic and wrestled with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from fans all across the internet. Supercard of Honor would be their latest PPV, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it would be of unparallelled quality. Following it's long awaited broadcast, AEW began scheduling quality matches that raised the bar ever higher for wrestling.

Then The Boys were released. This was not just an announcement of cuts, it was announcement of AEW's suicide. It was a business move intended to completely disregard any fan loyalty, and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. AEW had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their community, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I watch wrestling without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. AEW had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

Hefty Leftist posted:

April 1st, 2024 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a wrestling company, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Tony Khan announced The Boys had been released tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

AEW was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Jora Johl, Stu Grayson, Jose the Assistant, and The Boys were all quality wrestlers that combined fun gimmicks with in ring talent. They may have been cartoony and humorous at times, but deep down they were always realistic and wrestled with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from fans all across the internet. Supercard of Honor would be their latest PPV, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it would be of unparallelled quality. Following it's long awaited broadcast, AEW began scheduling quality matches that raised the bar ever higher for wrestling.

Then The Boys were released. This was not just an announcement of cuts, it was announcement of AEW's suicide. It was a business move intended to completely disregard any fan loyalty, and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. AEW had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their community, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I watch wrestling without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. AEW had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.

was expecting "and I don't know how to accept that" at the bottom of this post

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Hefty Leftist posted:

Would you say your trust has been..... busted?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
How can anyone not like RJ City?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tony Khan sucks. AEW Hell Thread vindicated as always. gently caress billionaires

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol they could have just waited a couple of weeks and coasted on punk’s latest round of nonsense dominating the news until people got bored instead of doing this now while everyone was already paying attention

what a whoopsie

Sucks for Anthony Henry since he’s injured right now but none of the releases are really that shocking, kind of weird they kept JD Drake though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Wild that Punk gave TK the easiest win ever by criticising him being too nice of a boss and then this happened.