Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hope they ask about this at the next Scrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Sticky Nate posted:

I would like the rest of the Dark Order to be released

Better idea: Have Evil Uno marry Dalton Castle and Silver/Reynolds become Dalton's new boys.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

MassRafTer posted:

They have Bobby Cruise as well but it's really weird because Dasha had been used more than ever lately!

And she was a Spanish announcer. It's so weird! Maybe she did something hosed up behind the scenes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sisal Two-Step posted:

And she was a Spanish announcer. It's so weird! Maybe she did something hosed up behind the scenes.

I'm thinking maybe she asked for her release. Because otherwise it's really sudden and weird.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

yeah i regret speculating about something she might've done back stage. nevermind that. post cancelled.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

The Boys seem the be the most insane names to be released, they've been tied to Dalton and his character for long long time. With their act being so linked to each other makes it seem super abrupt, and a complete shift in lanes for Dalton if this was as summarily as it appears.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah, I'm going to wonder if it was requested because otherwise I genuinely don't think it makes sense. Even if, hypothetically, she would have to be released in order for a new contract better befitting her current company role to be drawn up, I do not think it would be reported this way. It really is bizarre and I'd argue the big sticking point that makes this story feel larger than it mostly is.

As for The Boys, I think they're just going to shift to using extras as Boys rather than a dedicated tag team of Boys, which there's precedent for.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kurash posted:

The Boys seem the be the most insane names to be released, they've been tied to Dalton and his character for long long time. With their act being so linked to each other makes it seem super abrupt, and a complete shift in lanes for Dalton if this was as summarily as it appears.

upon reflection, this entire storyline has been a vehicle to write the boys off tv while pushing Dalton and Johnny TV. They really did die on those mountains. I'm fine with that because at least it's been compelling television.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Dasha wore a rainbow dress for the shows that took place during Toronto Pride weekend last year. I thought that was cool of her.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Shard posted:

upon reflection, this entire storyline has been a vehicle to write the boys off tv while pushing Dalton and Johnny TV. They really did die on those mountains. I'm fine with that because at least it's been compelling television.

"In the aaaaarms of an aaaangel~"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have never heard a story about aew being unhappy with Dasha, she is featured all the freaking time. It is very sudden and out of nowhere and I think it deserves at least some sort of explanation. The others I honestly can understand.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

There's a lot of things in Punk's interview that out him as being stupid, but one that stuck out was the MJF stuff and "Oh he's great but he's less good when he tries to appeal to that small niche audience" as if his absolute worst work in recent memory wasn't him properly leaning into sports entertainment bullshit like the Switchblade match at Full Gear.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

none of these releases will affect my enjoyment of the product and it's probably a good idea to release them during WM week when the other company is going to dominate the news cycle

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I mean...there's been other portrayers of Dalton's Boys

It's not like they can't find some people

Tony, you know what must be done.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony wasn't going to cut them until one of the Boys made like 50 praise Jesus posts on Twitter for Easter and he felt like it was cringe and "not based"

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

is that tanahashi

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sisal Two-Step posted:

is that tanahashi

it sure loving is!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sisal Two-Step posted:

is that tanahashi

And Taguchi!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
tanahashi and taguchi are the Canon Boys to me as I first was introduced to Dalton in nooj. surely tanahashi has a lot of free time to good around rn right

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Tony said before he might have to do cost cutting releases one day, but he didn't want to do them during or too soon after the pandemic and he didn't want to do massive WWE style layoffs where dozens of people get fired at once. For whatever that's worth.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

I got laid off during COVID, where was Anthony Henry for me? Where was dasha? As for the boys they simply give me adolf hitler vibes. I take one look at them and I think “hitler”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Tony released Dasha because her wrestling wasn’t good enough. She can Door Dasha now.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Tony released Dasha because her wrestling wasn’t good enough. She can Door Dasha now.

lmfao

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Dasha release stings because WWE made her act like a robot when she's a fireball of personality/charisma in real life and AEW tapped into that a lot more. She'll be fine and it'll be easy for her to find something else, but these reminders that AEW is a lovely American business at the end of the day are never pleasant.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I hope The Dark Order show up as Dalton's Boys now.

We get these releases yet The Righteous is still here. I don't understand.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I love Uno and would love him hanging out with Dalton

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the dark order has got to get released one of these days right? They are such an after thought compared to how they used to be featured.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Given the Twitter responses, definitely doesn't look like they requested anything

Slim J

quote:

I'm grateful for the opportunity to have worked for AEW. Unfortunately yesterday was no April fools joke. I appreciate @AriyaDaivari for always bringing my name up and believing in me. @CapriceColeman you always put me over. As did @WilliamBehrens Thank you

Thank you to the fans that supported me. My gimmick was trash. I get that. I knew that. My work wasn't though. I worked my shoot job through both contracts with AEW. My role there was to act rich. I've always been far from that in real life. Promise that.

All I wanted to do once I was signed. Was to get my wife and daughter out of the sh*t hole we live in. They're my everything by far.i failed. Does it mean I quit. Not at all. Mouths to feed and I'm broke asf. So I'm looking for a second, second job. Stop sleeping on me.

Anthony Henry

quote:

The amount of support I am receiving during this very difficult time is amazing, and I appreciate all of it.

I don't know what is next for me. I don't know if wrestling is something I still want to pursue. I am devastated.

Regarsless, I am always a #workhorsemen

Tato fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 2, 2024

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shard posted:

the dark order has got to get released one of these days right? They are such an after thought compared to how they used to be featured.

you just all had to have the acclaimed. all of you reported my posts when i said maybe not the acclaimed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

you just all had to have the acclaimed. all of you reported my posts when i said maybe not the acclaimed

I want to keep Bowens

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you may not. you have shown you cannot handle the responsibility

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Miching Mallecho posted:

I mean...there's been other portrayers of Dalton's Boys

It's not like they can't find some people

Tony, you know what must be done.
I would be over the moon with unbridled joy if Butcher and Blade showed up in Boys masks all like "it's a paycheck"

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I honestly just thought they put masks on random jobbers every week for Dalton’s boys.

Sometimes I do pay attention.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

you may not. you have shown you cannot handle the responsibility

I can handle it

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

... New Boys?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1775191763130495388

Tony scrambling to find a new pair of Boys for Dalton.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Tato posted:

Given the Twitter responses, definitely doesn't look like they requested anything

Slim J

Anthony Henry

:\

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1775191763130495388

Tony scrambling to find a new pair of Boys for Dalton.

Cool, trade them for FTR

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

That DICK! posted:

magiccarpet posted:

... New Boys?

seems like we've solved both problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

blunt posted:

Cool, trade them for FTR

:dafuq: