Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

CPA Hell posted:

Hmm. I guess if they start buying DJT on margin and it keeps tanking that would be about the same thing.
"Let's buy internet Trump stock!"
"On margin! Zoiby wanna buy on margin!"

Or on mar-a-lagin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I genuinely will not be surprised if we get a Bed Bath and Beyond type situation where Truth social shuts down and they cultists keep trying to pump the stock anyway.

Buy Trmbup gift cards for your family! *

*gift cards not valid for anything

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Almost Smart posted:

Trump’s bill was paid with somebody else’s money. Out of sight, out of mind. He’s going to spend the day “suffering” on one of his golf courses while lackies pamper his pampered rear end before stumbling into a wedding and sucking up all the attention and adulation.

kazil posted:

Lots of angry posting

You sure about that?

I mean, you could be right, but it really can be read as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and Trump KNOWS it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cornwind Evil posted:

You sure about that?

I mean, you could be right, but it really can be read as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and Trump KNOWS it.
The greatest proof that Trump is cooked is goon consensus that he’s going to get away with it

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
He's got his meme stock, put up his ownership stake up for collateral on deals to turn into cash for bonds. Smart play Donnie. Just need keep grifting the brain poisoned sycophants.

The question is how much has he leveraged already. The DJT poo poo is only viable as it's fresh. I don't see it going up.

This plans halflife is like 2 months or less though with all the indictments.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

BlueBlazer posted:

The question is how much has he leveraged already. The DJT poo poo is only viable as it's fresh. I don't see it going up.

I don't know that you can accuse TRUMP of over-leveraging his assets based on an outsized perception of the value of his brand

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I have never seen a 401k plan that lets you pick individual stocks. Usually you get your choice of a dozen to two dozen funds to allocate your money towards. A lot of them will be Target Date funds that change their composition based on how close you are to your intended year of retirement.

You totally can with Fidelity and AFAIK other 401ks. They're investment funds, indistinguishable from other investment funds except how they're taxed and how withdrawals work; you can buy options with them and poo poo. There's tons of :lol: stories from /wsb/ about people blowing up their retirement funds playing stock market roulet

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

SUCH AN INGLORIOUS HAPPENING
:lmao:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

jokes posted:

- a legally enforceable claim on the profits of a company

Sure, if you own a controlling amount of stocks then you can force the board to approve dividends payments. Otherwise, holding a stock doesn’t entitle you to basically jackshit besides (often but not always) voting privileges during a shareholder meeting.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

dull rear end trump

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nobodygetshurt posted:

SUCH AN INGLORIOUS HAPPENING

Especially words.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/joekassabian/status/1775187855934914724?s=61&t=-vp9P7i8Kl2W3uKiLPEWrA

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
What is foul language but lockerroom talk.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

madmatt112 posted:

Sure, if you own a controlling amount of stocks then you can force the board to approve dividends payments. Otherwise, holding a stock doesn’t entitle you to basically jackshit besides (often but not always) voting privileges during a shareholder meeting.

Every stock is different but generally speaking if shareholders of a company make money you make money-- the point of the equity market is to allow the common man to align himself with capital thereby contributing to the continued existence of a moneyed elite. You're thinking of cash flow, but if you own shares of Disney, you accumulate wealth when other shareholders of Disney accumulate wealth in whatever form that may be (outside of executive compensation, obviously)-- likely share value through buybacks and minor dividends.

Pump and dumps like DJT exist because of that system, because people buy DJT thinking they'll make money when Trump makes money but since his shares probably cost him par value and he got in at the ground floor, they're just asking to get blasted lol he's incentivized, solely, to sell his shares and gently caress over every shareholder that isn't him. In what universe would Trump's estate hold onto these shares lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sample questions of the test he failed.

https://www.todaysmilitary.com/joining-eligibility/asvab-test/asvab-sample-questions

https://nationalguard.com/practice-asvab

It's grade 9 level stuff

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
literally pelted with words.

there's no way trump knows the word "pelted"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is one of the questions "is it acceptable for a member of the military to be a murderer and a domestic terrorist?"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

man it's shocking that a staunch, violent republican who looks like the stupidest rear end in a top hat ever formed from a blob of butter couldn't answer questions like "what does 'observe' mean?"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I don’t know if that’s real, but the only people I ever knew who didn’t even hit the minimum on the ASVAB were the types who’d nearly strangle themselves trying to put on a pair of pants

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

MrMojok posted:

I don’t know if that’s real, but the only people I ever knew who didn’t even hit the minimum on the ASVAB were the types who’d nearly strangle themselves trying to put on a pair of pants

Yeah that tracks for Rittenhouse.

ooh-rah, friends.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

This is pathetic :lmao:

I took the ASVAB and found it very easy and I was an average student. The Marine recruiter used to call me a lot because I got a high score and it was 2004 lol

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I guess I could’ve been a soldier if I wasn’t so “WOKE “

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

What the gently caress I got car knowledge and electronics knowledge wrong, which are fair, and they had a grammatically impossible question I got wrong, which is bullshit. The quiz told me I was officer material though.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I easily got a perfect score on the practice questions. Thank you, working hard!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah the ASVAB is pretty since its largely about making sure you are at least semi-competent and to see what your skills are.

The fact that he failed it entirely is laughable.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Kyle take the SAT next. Your future in college awaits.

oh wait.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Is it normal for someone to get a permanent rejection after failing once, or does that letter imply that he failed badly multiple times?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah the ASVAB is pretty since its largely about making sure you are at least semi-competent and to see what your skills are.

The fact that he failed it entirely is laughable.
At least he was able to kill two people he considered liberals

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Nessus posted:

I guess I could’ve been a soldier if I wasn’t so “WOKE “

Private Gomer Pyle didn't know how good he had it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The test doesn't even ask you what an elephant is or ask you to draw a clock.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1775145891336270125

And just like that, Trump violates the extended gag order not allowing him to attack the judge's daughter.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i got calls from every military branch, i had to tell them i have hemophilia and just took the asvab to get out of class.
also no one told me about selective service? and, years later, i couldn't get any type of government loan because i didn't sign up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

actually3raccoons posted:

Is it normal for someone to get a permanent rejection after failing once, or does that letter imply that he failed badly multiple times?

If your ASVAB score is so bad that its apparent you cannot even follow basic instructions (which is all you need to do to "pass" the ASVAB) then yeah they can bar you. You can retake the asvab, but you have to wait a calendar month between takes, and if you do bad then, you have to wait 6 months to take it again.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SilentChaz posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1775145891336270125

And just like that, Trump violates the extended gag order not allowing him to attack the judge's daughter.

So this means he's going to jail until the trial is over right? no? What is the penalty for this? A stern finger wag?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Clearly I'm the kind of military genius that kyle wishes he could be. (I just don't know cars)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well I like they specified he didn't just fail, he failed by a huge margin and was disqualified for life from trying again

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

This stuff is difficult for a larger population than you would expect. I taught for years at a dropout recovery school, and our state decided during my second year to impose a minimum score on any standardized test in order to graduate. Like, you just had to pass the SAT or ACT or ASVAB with a certain score. I was so relieved when I saw the ASVAB on the list, because I remembered how easy it was when I joined the army, and the score necessary was lower than the minimum for infantry. I pushed and pushed my principal to schedule one for the whole school, and it basically did nothing to aid our expected graduation rates. And I had plenty of smart kids who were just let down by the system in various ways. It's easy for me to believe someone growing up in a conservative area where there's no focus on education could absolutely fail a bunch of reading comprehension and math questions, let alone science, which is basically the first subject attacked by conservatives.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Following basic instructions isn't very MAGA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

steinrokkan posted:

Well I like they specified he didn't just fail, he failed by a huge margin and was disqualified for life from trying again

I bet he handed in a sheet with no answers and a gun drawn on the side or something equally stupid.