Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

mystes posted:

Nah I'm going to go out on a limb and say the other parts are worse

The investigation was into whether he was a 'chud'. I think certain opinions are necessary, but not sufficient, in making this judgement. Using in-group terminology, however, I would say is both necessary and sufficient. Thank you for your contribution to the case, which is now closed.

boots factorio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/Harry101UK/status/1765985576497394140

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Azran posted:

IIRC games can still be part of a sale without being discounted, I see that all the time.

oh ok, if thats the case never mind then. i only ever remember seeing non-discounted games on big sale page when it was a publisher sale.

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t think the point is that Tann is clinging to that 10% of his revenue, but that he doesn’t want people to feel that they should be waiting for a sale if they’re interested in the game (which IMO is already quite reasonably priced)

explosivo posted:

It's pretty funny when people play armchair video game developer about devs of successful games not putting their stuff on sales. You usually only see it in the steam forums from kids who don't want to pay full price for games ever though.

to be clear i dont think s&d should be cheaper or have big sales or anything, in fact id say its maybe even under priced considering something like Peglin, which seems to also be made by a few guys, is almost twice as much. i just thought it would be silly to not have a giant image of your game show up in the little scroll bar during sales by making it $1 off. apparently they can still show up though so i was wrong.

thanks for taking the heat off my dumb post man

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

More like chudzok.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

:hmmyes:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

That's probably enough discussion about the dev of Factorio.

In conclusion

Runa posted:

you do not, in fact, have to hand it to the dev of Factorio

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I have an xbox one controller. How do I make the xbox button open the steam overlay? I have the game bar turned off in Win10 settings, and "Guide button focuses steam, enable steam input for xbox controllers" switched on in Steam settings.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Lone Badger posted:

You can play SP and offline you should just tweak some of the ‘server’ settings to be balanced for SP.

Note: they have completely rebalanced the combat system again since the last time I played and I cannot speak to whether or not it currently fun.

Even if it can be played single player (in which case, just make a singleplayer game! :argh:) I assume that doesn't remove the fact it's a survival game and Conan has to spend half his day punching rocks to make... I don't know, chairs?

About the only way they could make it less appealing to me is if they added "deckbuilder" to the game description. And as we're all fully aware, what appeals to me personally should be any business' #1 priority when making a game.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jerusalem posted:

Look I don't ask for much, just a game where you start with Conan as a youth learning basic skills in Cimmeria, then climb down from the mountains (watched through an orb by Thoth-Amon) and proceed to work through a completely open world that eventually encompasses every single storyline from The Tower of the Elephant through to conquering Aquilonia. You get to play as a traditional barbarian, a pirate, a thief, a soldier, a general etc.

The graphics are fantastic and the sound design is exceptional, it's a single player only game with no microtransactions, and it's incredibly well optimized and will run on basically any machine. Also it costs $20.

If you're not bringing at LEAST all of the above to the table, you've lost yourself a sale :colbert:

Other than the graphics and sound you just described Kenshi.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Kenshi? Optimized?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

StrixNebulosa posted:

Kenshi? Optimized?

It could run worse.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
can and does, thanks to the wonder of mods.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

This is real and not some sort of April Fools joke? I've been waiting for something like this for years. PO'ed is the most underrated FPS from the 90s and I hope it gets its due now!

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

FrumpleOrz posted:

This is real and not some sort of April Fools joke? I've been waiting for something like this for years. PO'ed is the most underrated FPS from the 90s and I hope it gets its due now!

It's one of those April Fools jokes where the jokes that it's a joke, and is infact not a joke.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
PO'ed kicks so much rear end.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dramicus posted:

It's one of those April Fools jokes where the jokes that it's a joke, and is infact not a joke.

"... to gently lie and prove the lie true . . . everything is finally a promise . . . what seems a lie is a ramshackle need, wishing to be born. ..."

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if we don't get po'ed I'm gonna get pyst

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is there no FF7 remake part 2 release date for PC? Do we basically assume 12 to 18 months from now?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maybe? They keep saying "Wow the XVI port is going way faster than we thought it would!" but with a very definite air of "Our first party PC port team is five guys in a broom closet with one PC between them." So unless they delay it for just whatever business reasons, miiiight be sooner? Wouldn't count on it though.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but when I launch Dragons Dogma 2, the first few splash screens are in a small window in the upper left, then it goes full screen before the main menu. However, if I get an achievement, or someone messages me on Steam, the screen goes to desktop, with the game running in that screen. I can get back into the game by just clicking the mouse in that window, so it's not too bad, but in game even though I'm using a controller, the windows mouse pointer (not the in game one) is always on screen. This also messes up my screensaver (prevents is from coming on).

Any idea what might be causing this?

I have the game settings to full screen.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is there no FF7 remake part 2 release date for PC? Do we basically assume 12 to 18 months from now?

I have a gut feeling it'll have a timed Epic Game Store exclusivity period like Remake did.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Kragger99 posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but when I launch Dragons Dogma 2, the first few splash screens are in a small window in the upper left, then it goes full screen before the main menu. However, if I get an achievement, or someone messages me on Steam, the screen goes to desktop, with the game running in that screen. I can get back into the game by just clicking the mouse in that window, so it's not too bad, but in game even though I'm using a controller, the windows mouse pointer (not the in game one) is always on screen. This also messes up my screensaver (prevents is from coming on).

Total shot in the dark, but perhaps disabling the steam overlay for that game will stop messages from messing things up. right-click in library and go to properties.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kragger99 posted:

I don't have a definitive answer for you but this sounds like a controller issue, if nothing else. If you're using a particular part of Steam input maybe try switching out which one you're using? "Support Xbox controller" versus "Support generic controller" in the settings, something like that. Or if they're all on turn most of them off.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Jerusalem posted:

Even if it can be played single player (in which case, just make a singleplayer game! :argh:) I assume that doesn't remove the fact it's a survival game and Conan has to spend half his day punching rocks to make... I don't know, chairs?

About the only way they could make it less appealing to me is if they added "deckbuilder" to the game description. And as we're all fully aware, what appeals to me personally should be any business' #1 priority when making a game.

Good news, Conan is just off doing whatever the gently caress and you're playing some dude he rescues at the start of the game! He doesn't punch rocks for chairs, that's entirely a thing for nerds who aren't Conan. Actually you can eventually capture and enslave human enemies to start do a lot of the menial crafting labor for you, so there's that.

You could also build a deck in it if you wanted to. Or a porch. Or some other raised platform attached to a house.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Conan Deckxiles

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Dramicus posted:

Total shot in the dark, but perhaps disabling the steam overlay for that game will stop messages from messing things up. right-click in library and go to properties.

Crap - I forgot to add I tried this, but thanks.

Orv posted:

I don't have a definitive answer for you but this sounds like a controller issue, if nothing else. If you're using a particular part of Steam input maybe try switching out which one you're using? "Support Xbox controller" versus "Support generic controller" in the settings, something like that. Or if they're all on turn most of them off.

I'll give this a go. It really feels controller related now that you mention it. It doesn't happen in any other game.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Kragger99 posted:

Okay - I guess running the game in borderless window fixed it. I always run games full screen, but guess this one doesn't like that (maybe it's my widescreen monitor).

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Kragger99 posted:

Okay - I guess running the game in borderless window fixed it. I always run games full screen, but guess this one doesn't like that (maybe it's my widescreen monitor).

Weird. I'm getting this issue to and I do run it in borderless window. Each splash screen resizes the window to fit it's dimensions, and then it goes to borderless fullscreen proper when the game actually starts.

It's not that big of a deal for me, since it only occurs for the splash screens at launch, but I've never had that happen in any other game.

Kragger99 posted:

(maybe it's my widescreen monitor).

I am running it on an ultrawide monitor @ 2560x1080 so maybe that's the common link?

Velocity Raptor fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 2, 2024

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Velocity Raptor posted:

Weird. I'm getting this issue to and I do run it in borderless window. Each splash screen resizes the window to fit it's dimensions, and then it goes to borderless fullscreen proper when the game actually starts.

It's not that big of a deal for me, since it only occurs for the splash screens at launch, but I've never had that happen in any other game.

I am running it on an ultrawide monitor @ 2560x1080 so maybe that's the common link?

Do you crash to desktop (game paused, but still running in the small window) when you get a cheevo or steam message?

I'm ultrawide for my monitor at 3440 x 1440, but yeah - guessing it's a widescreen monitor issue with that game. I did searches for it a week ago, and couldn't find anything.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Jack B Nimble posted:

they made an announcement that the console exclusivity is only for 3 months (in their words not available on other platforms until at least may 29, 2024), so i'm kind of hoping it's then or close to it.

like the other goon said though i would expect an epic store release first before it comes to steam

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Insane that there are PC ports of the Kingdom Hearts games but nobody remembers because they’re on Epic.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Turns out the HumbleBundle leak was completely fake.
Ah well.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Thought you were getting Returnal, ended up with Callisto Protocol. :wom:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

mcbexx posted:

Ah well.

This still looks pretty decent. I have Victoria 3 on my wishlist and it has never been < $25.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aw piss, I was really looking forward to Returnal.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

mcbexx posted:

Ah well.

I'm actually okay with this, I've been curious about Humankind, and Callisto Protocol looks like my jam.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

mcbexx posted:

Ah well.

Well sorry to everyone who said it's fake and I doubted them. I thought Bili Bili kun is reliable but he actually apologized on twitter for this. I think he has been pretty spot on his other leaks, he usually gets things close to release/announcements correct.

Fashion police is in there and it was on the leak. But otherwise it still looks like a decent month but not at the leak level.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Terraformers is a fantastic game, IMO. I just put a week of my life into it. The Excavation of Hob's Barrow is also a great point-and-click by Wadjet Eye.

Unfortunately I already own all the games that I actually want from this bundle and the rest don't interest me, so I'm putting it on pause for another month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Excavation of Hob's Barrow is a pretty solid folk horror adventure game. There's a few things I can critique (especially the main character's final decision), but I had a fun time with it.

Symphony of War I found kinda dull since the maps weren't designed well so half your army is just durdling around doing nothing while your god-tier squads sweep the entire map. Maybe the patches fixed this, but it got real boring real fast, and without a decent story or characters to care about, it felt like a slog to complete. There's the foundations of something interesting there, though, so for the price of a bundle, it's probably good enough to play for yourself.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 2, 2024