Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Sherbert Hoover posted:

western media screaming to the israelis that all they have to do is say sorry and everyone will keep on sending them missiles and they can't even do it

They don’t want to be treated like gangsters, they want to be treated like kings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Sundance Shot posted:

https://x.com/Channel4News/status/1775240996458045671?s=20

shithead avoids questions the entire time and eventually the newsreader cuts him off and says he's not gonna let him do his propaganda bit

that's one of the muthafucks from labour friends of israel who did in corbyn.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I understand what you’re saying, but people understand process, right?

No! They think a drone strike, or flying a bomber, or whatever is basically the same as driving around. You hop in the plane, turn the ignition, and fly around for a work shift. The missiles are probably already on the plane, right, why wouldn't they be? Flight plans and air traffic control are for commercial flights, the military doesn't have to bother with stuff like that right? Jets are just always ready to go, same as my RAV-4, right? So since all this other poo poo isn't very complicated, someone must have simply Made A Mistake. Better training fixes this, tragic but now we won't do it again, etc etc.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Well it goes back to, a rifleman can be undisciplined with murder because it doesn’t require the participation of anyone else to execute, and really he’s “misusing” about ten cents of government property when he pulls the trigger.

If you think discipline breaks down to the point where nobody exercises control over, or is particularly interested in, what you do with hundreds of thousands of dollars of government property, a missile, that doesn’t really track.

Idk I can tell this news cycle is going to eat away at me.

Lack of "discipline" to pretend mass murder events of civilians in foreign wars is justifiable has a long and bloody history,(free fire zones from North Korea to Vietnam to Afghanistan). We're just seeing it particularly and brutally utilized here in a way that is jarring to 21st C sensibilities. And with an obvious goal: the extermination of an entire people

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

they have already killed like over 200 aid workers and who knows how many un workers

Iirc more aid workers, like journalists, have died in the last few mths in Palestine since any conflict after WWII. The natural response to this is labeling these heroes as non journalists and terrorist sympathizers

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Does the iron dome counter non-missile artillery shells? And if not, what is Hezbollah waiting for?

Artillery and rockets are both one-shots when the enemy counterstrikes against them, but rockets are a lot cheaper. Remember the footage from Iraq with crews running from gun to gun firing and bailing because 30 seconds after firing the radar-guided counterstrike obliterated it? In contrast rocket infra is much easier to fire & bail.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sherbert Hoover posted:

western media screaming to the israelis that all they have to do is say sorry and everyone will keep on sending them missiles and they can't even do it

Lol yeah. If they just acted sad and stern and threw up some low rung patsies for an investigation (that they can roll back after a period of time/jury nullification which was the US's SOP in Iraq and Afghanistan and first perfected in the Jim Crow South) then this hullabaloo among the fucks supporting Israel would dissipate. But I guess Israel is just too deranged to do it? They must be really fragile.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Within one week there’s going to be a zany Israeli sketch celebrating the death of the aid workers.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Shageletic posted:

Lack of "discipline" to pretend mass murder events of civilians in foreign wars is justifiable has a long and bloody history,(free fire zones from North Korea to Vietnam to Afghanistan). We're just seeing it particularly and brutally utilized here in a way that is jarring to 21st C sensibilities. And with an obvious goal: the extermination of an entire people

Our Troops who were in Iraq admitted as much during rare moments of honesty

quote:

While on tank patrol through the narrow streets of Abu Ghraib, just west of Baghdad, Pfc. Clifton Hicks was given an order. Abu Ghraib had become a “free-fire zone,” Hicks was told, and no “friendlies” or civilians remained in the area. “Game on. All weapons free,” his captain said. Upon that command, Hicks’s unit opened a furious fusillade, firing wildly into cars, at people scurrying for cover, at anything that moved. Sent in to survey the damage, Hicks found the area littered with human and animal corpses, including women and children, but he saw no military gear or weapons of any kind near the bodies. In the aftermath of the massacre, Hicks was told that his unit had killed 700-800 “enemy combatants.” But he knew the dead were not terrorists or insurgents; they were innocent Iraqis. “I will agree to swear to that till the day I die,” he said. “I didn’t see one enemy on that operation.”

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/ben-gvir-accuses-shin-bet-of-failing-to-protect-netanyahu/

quote:

National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir takes a shot at Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar, accusing his organization of ignoring threats to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after police struggled to deploy crowd control measures at an anti-government rally outside Netanyahu’s home.

Ben Gvir claims on X that he approached Bar last week about what he says is neglect for security around Netanyahu, but “was answered with a refusal.”

“I demand that the Shin Bet wake up and immediately take the protection of the prime minister and his family seriously,” Ben Gvir writes. “A situation in which thousands of people break through barriers near the prime minister’s home and the Shin Bet turns a blind eye is unacceptable.”
i hope shin bet sleep soundly

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
this is probably 100% bullshit and i think america is fully supportive of a massacre in Rafah, but in any case israeli media is reporting that the US has completely refused all of israels plans regarding a gaza operation for the time being

=======

Israeli media: Washington rejected Israel's plan on Rafah

Israeli Channel 12:

US National Security Adviser Rejects Plan Presented by Israeli Officials on Rafah

U.S. National Security Adviser Says Israel’s Rafah Plan is Unconvincing and Unenforceable

Politico: Washington is refusing Israel's plan on Rafah

Politico about U.S. officials:

Israeli officials did not bring a concrete plan to yesterday’s meeting on Rafah.

The timelines provided by the Israelis to evacuate civilians from Rafah were not realistic.

The Biden administration has confirmed that Israel should flood Gaza with aid as a key element in any Rafah operation.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31587;&%231591;

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I refuse you, take my money!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

this is probably 100% bullshit and i think america is fully supportive of a massacre in Rafah, but in any case israeli media is reporting that the US has completely refused all of israels plans regarding a gaza operation for the time being

=======

Israeli Channel 12:

US National Security Adviser Rejects Plan Presented by Israeli Officials on Rafah

U.S. National Security Adviser Says Israel’s Rafah Plan is Unconvincing and Unenforceable

Israeli officials did not bring a concrete plan to yesterday’s meeting on Rafah.

The timelines provided by the Israelis to evacuate civilians from Rafah were not realistic.

The Biden administration has confirmed that Israel should flood Gaza with aid as a key element in any Rafah operation.

yeah there are big credibility problems connected to the israeli media, US media, and US officials

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I assume the US would prefer the Israelis not invade rafah but a) because it'd be a headache for them and probably a military failure, not out of genuine concern b) they're not gonna do anything serious if they do anyway

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Sundance Shot posted:

shithead avoids questions the entire time and eventually the newsreader cuts him off and says he's not gonna let him do his propaganda bit

another one of these nazi freaks with a British accent

they found some other worm to do the rounds this morning

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1775114515774112219
https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1775112976913121629

Israeli spokespeople are the most repulsive people on the earth, they're so loving smarmy and aggressive and sanctimonious while they try to justify exterminating children with a whole series of mutually contradictory lies

e: just looked up the freak in the channel 4 interview and he's apparently the former director of labour friends of Israel

XMNN has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Apr 2, 2024

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

I assume the US would prefer the Israelis not invade rafah but a) because it'd be a headache for them and probably a military failure, not out of genuine concern b) they're not gonna do anything serious if they do anyway

according to Al-Saqr's post the US claimed the timeline to give the civilians enemas was unrealistic. Nothing was said about evacuating Rafah of civilians.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Depressing but not surprising to hear an English accent defending genocide. We're good at that.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I understand what you’re saying, but people understand process, right?

If this was a mistake, doesn’t it seem strange that it happened at the point of ordinance not only leaving the aircraft, but impacting the correct target, detonating, good effect on target? As opposed to any of the previous, meticulously planned, and successfully executed, steps where mistakes might have happened instead? What I mean is, in how many processes that were fundamentally done by mistake, are every one of the preceding steps done correctly? (Whose success belies that this was a mistake at all, remember.)

It's honestly not hard to rationalize if you have an interest in doing so:

-One imagines that armed drones are routinely launched and loiter around, orbiting a region of interest while awaiting targeting information (this is actually somewhat common for these platforms in the War of Terror). They are routinely armed with inert / limited collateral weapons out of the overwhelming concern for civilian casualties that the most moral army operates with.

-There are lots of deadly dangerous hamas operatives driving around doing deadly dangerous hamas things every day

-Somehow, information regarding one of these "legitimate" targets was oopsie doopsie mixed up with the aid workers' information...perhaps because hamas was insidiously operating in close proximity to aid workers or even disguising themselves as such (human shields!!!)

-From the moment the decision was made to attack the wrong target instead of the right one, everything else proceeded according to plan. A regrettable tragedy

And honestly, who gives a poo poo? Trying to debunk this nonsense is just another iteration of using a highly visible atrocity that is large enough to be conspicuous, but small enough to be dismissed as a cost of war, to take the spotlight away from far worse atrocities i.e. dropping thousands of tons of ordnance on entire city blocks for weeks and months on end, and destroying hospitals.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://x.com/LBC/status/1775214111590318505?s=20
https://x.com/LBC/status/1775209659697090825?s=20

every one of these cunts I find out about is somehow worse than the last, I hope very bad things happen to them

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Depressing but not surprising to hear an English accent defending genocide. We're good at that.

there's a Scottish one that was doing interviews a few months back

e: haven't seen a Welsh or northern Irish one tho

XMNN has issued a correction as of 22:19 on Apr 2, 2024

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Former director of Labour Friends of Israel lmao.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

And once again Israel is getting furious over the fact that America is asking them come in through the back door because they are used to the red carpet treatment.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1775262032524116095
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1775269866469290469

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

XMNN posted:

https://x.com/LBC/status/1775209659697090825?s=20

every one of these cunts I find out about is somehow worse than the last, I hope very bad things happen to them

what's with the piss-yellow israeli flag?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

there is no punishment painful enough for Kirby and Sullivan.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al-Saqr posted:

=======

Israeli Channel 12:

they're going to do it anyway and the white house nazis will tug their collar and say "israel is a sovereign country we can't tell them what to do"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

israelis have been doing a yellow ribbon campaign to raise awareness about their hostages and love of drinking piss. so I guess it's part of that.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

my inner schizo reads it as some kind of lame signaling at ukrainian-israeli solidarity but it's probably just the inner evil trying to get out

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

israelis have been doing a yellow ribbon campaign to raise awareness about their hostages and love of drinking piss. so I guess it's part of that.

well that's just obtuse

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sundance Shot posted:

He used to be a British Labour councillor at one point and was the Director of Labour Friends of Israel from 98-04. Now he's a settler-colonial Israeli citizen, and working for the Israeli government to justify the genocide.

UK Labour Friends of Israel is a very powerful group. They were able to get our future PM Keir Starmer, an ex human rights barrister, to state on record that Israel does have the right to cut off electricity and starve the Gazan people. The group also got the Speaker of the House (who happens to also be a die-hard zionist) to poo poo over Parliamentary protocol and throw a hammer into the recent vote against Israel. Israeli diplomats have even been caught on camera offering huge bribes to MPs to do certain things like attack Jeremy Corbyn back in the day via Labour Friends of Israel

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I've taken up screaming into a pillow and it's quite cathartic for moments like this.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

Yup, all dnd posters may make one post in here free and clear of IK interference. Hell, maybe even more if we feel generous :)

let a hundred posts blossom

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
also sorry if someone else asked this and I missed it but how come these aid workers are beyond the pale? haven't dozens if not hundreds of aid workers, and not just palestinians, been killed already?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Stereotype posted:

People are only acting like the motivations and actions of Israel are difficult and complicated to understand because they are actually really simple and easy; to genocide the Palestinians and drive them from gaza; but recognizing that obvious simple fact is morally very difficult. Acting like the motivation is difficult and complicated is much easier overall.

yup

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Dreylad posted:

also sorry if someone else asked this and I missed it but how come these aid workers are beyond the pale? haven't dozens if not hundreds of aid workers, and not just palestinians, been killed already?

yes its over 200 already

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dreylad posted:

honestly? they hosed up and did it on a Monday, typically a slow news day

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

HallelujahLee posted:

yes its over 200 already

thought so. the strategy seems obvious: the 7 people they killed caused the aid organization to stop its operations and thus deny Palestinians another lifeline.

what I don't get is why the media seems to care about these 7 aid workers and not the other few hundred

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Dreylad posted:

thought so. the strategy seems obvious: the 7 people they killed caused the aid organization to stop its operations and thus deny Palestinians another lifeline.

what I don't get is why the media seems to care about these 7 aid workers and not the other few hundred

yes this was entirely to induce more famine

my guess because they're tied to a western aid org western shitrags rarely if ever report when its palestinians aid workers un workers being massacred etc

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

World Central Kitchen is a U.S. soft power operation. It's basically Israel killing privatized USAID staffers. Jose Andres is a media personality in the U.S. and personally knows most of the Biden administration and DC media as well.

Ali Abunimah has a thread about how the U.S. was using WCK as a way to undermine UNRWA.

https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1775203815358087588?t=rHWdX5ULOPTDGeedeEfoiw&s=19

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dreylad posted:

when the gbs ukraine thread got shut down the cspam took wayward posters with open arms and it was actually good except for one goon who went full lusting for russian civilian deaths

we're so nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

World Central Kitchen is a U.S. soft power operation. It's basically Israel killing privatized USAID staffers. Jose Andres is a media personality in the U.S. and personally knows most of the Biden administration and DC media as well.

Ali Abunimah has a thread about how the U.S. was using WCK as a way to undermine UNRWA.

ohhhh okay that clarifies it. thanks! I should have figured it out when i saw WCK got its start in haiti in 2010