Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Stink Billyums posted:

scorsese filmed with the cast for an sctv documentary 6 years ago and then never got around to editing the thing

well, at least we got the irishman :smithcloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

scorsese filmed with the cast for an sctv documentary 6 years ago and then never got around to editing the thing

Make that 3 and a half hour film, please.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got a ticket for Monkey Man on Friday. Apparently that and The First Omen come out on the same day, but I'll go see First Omen later.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Happyimp posted:

I played top secret and airplane 2 for my customers tonight. Love people just staying just to watch a movie.
When I worked at Blockbuster we would put in My Cousin Vinnie after 10 because the store was small and business fell off big time then and it was always a treat for people who came in.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Holy poo poo this new Star Wars show looks absolutely dreadful

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Museum of Natural History diorama lighting

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Museum of Natural History diorama lighting

it looks like a video game. If it were a video game, that would actually look pretty good. not so much for a tv show.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 2, 2024

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dafne Keen is Jecki Lon

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose Oquendo posted:

that's a pretty good model diorama, now where's the photo of the new star wars show?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Aw man, I just watched Blue Monkey, AKA Insect! Was pleasantly surprised when Joe Flaherty and a few other SCTV actors appeared. Movie would be good Best of the Worst fodder.

Happyimp posted:

I played top secret and airplane 2 for my customers tonight. Love people just staying just to watch a movie.

Pretty great double feature.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Wake up babe, new glup shittos just dropped

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

It looks on par with anything else from tv star wars. The bad part is that it's just a flat angle, but it could be a set photo instead of a screengrab from the show.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Lister posted:

It looks on par with anything else from tv star wars. The bad part is that it's just a flat angle, but it could be a set photo instead of a screengrab from the show.

This seems to be the case with all the Entertainment Weekly photoshoots, which makes me wonder why they even do them

I mean I doubt the show will look good either, but probably better than that.

Also why is Entertainment Weekly still around? Haven't they been bought by GQ yet?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i love the joker subreddit so much

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I just remembered that count floyd bit where they didn't have the movie so he described it instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEjdt_n1l-4

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That DICK! posted:

what in the gently caress.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Joe Flaherty starred in a Canadian-produced tv show based on the Lucasarts game Maniac Mansion, so rest in peace Dr. Edison

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Stink Billyums posted:

I just remembered that count floyd bit where they didn't have the movie so he described it instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEjdt_n1l-4

I didn't know Joe was from Pittsburgh but I certainly know now.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Plato and Aristotle

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Weembles posted:

I didn't know Joe was from Pittsburgh but I certainly know now.

Yeah there's a local monster movie con here and he was scheduled for it the past few years but canceled due to health. I was bummed out at the time and now I'm pretty sad. He must have been dealing with something for a while now.

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Joe Flaherty starred in a Canadian-produced tv show based on the Lucasarts game Maniac Mansion, so rest in peace Dr. Edison

That was a stealth SCTV show. There were quite a few people from them involved in it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Last night I put on Total Recall (physical media even) and fell asleep exactly three quarters of the way through.

Dad moding so hard I woke up worrying I had an illegitimate child somewhere.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

falling asleep throughout the day loving owns, it feels so good

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
... what if my whole life is nothing but a lie and i'm actually a secret super-spy with repressed memories...

*yawn*

*zzz*

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The ultimate curse is that I’ll fall asleep during a movie I desperately wanna watch but the moment I decide to pause it and just let myself have a nap I can’t loving sleep

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

blade runner is a more powerful sleep aid than ambien

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Jose Oquendo posted:

it looks like a video game. If it were a video game, that would actually look pretty good. not so much for a tv show.

I'm playing Horizon Forbidden West on PC right now and it looks better than that.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Has anyone here watched the Dead Ringers miniseries with Rachel Weisz? I finished the first episode and I'm digging it.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Wake up babe, new glup shittos just dropped

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don't judge anything by entertaiment weekly photos, they're always always poo poo

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

ultrabindu posted:

Has anyone here watched the Dead Ringers miniseries with Rachel Weisz? I finished the first episode and I'm digging it.

I read it as Dead Rising and got hard for a second.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just saw jolt. Fine film. Ain’t seen dune 2 but I presume it’s better

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

Sadly movie adaptations of video games peaked with Mortal Kombat(1995)

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

stephenthinkpad posted:

I also refer to my erections as Dead Rising.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Apparently, Paramount might get sold to Skydance. Which feels like if Lionsgate ended up buying Disney, but is apparently the most serious offer under consideration right now.

If only Mike and Rich had supported Picard during the first two seasons, then perhaps this legendary movie studio wouldn’t be about to be taken over by a tech bro(‘s kid).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

LanceHunter posted:

If only Mike and Rich had supported Picard during the first two seasons, then perhaps this legendary movie studio wouldn’t be about to be taken over by a tech bro(‘s kid).

Over Picard's dead body!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

counterfeitsaint posted:

I also refer to my erections as Dead Rising.

I prefer to use the phrase "The Dead Speak!" because it has all the subtlety of a cumshot anyways.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mega64 posted:

Over Picard's dead body!

Picard's dead body has been rotting on that android planet for years now.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Arc Hammer posted:

I prefer to use the phrase "The Dead Speak!" because it has all the subtlety of a cumshot anyways.

"Somehow Palpatine Returned" is another good phrase for when this happens. You could yell out "They fly now" when cumming as well.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The RLM Global Group has submitted a $15 million offer to acquire Star Trek from Bytedance Skydance Studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

Apparently, Paramount might get sold to Skydance. Which feels
like if Lionsgate ended up buying Disney, but is apparently the most serious offer under consideration right now.

Bit of a weird tale over as Skydance doesn't seem to do all that much other be backed by money. You'd think some group with existing streaming service and ips would want the merger as it would actually add value.

Seems like this is just a bunch of rich idoits who are going to have the company for a while then sell it at a loss when after a few years it still isn't making any money.