Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

https://x.com/teslaownerssv/status/1774127881586970754

:lol: my father has driven his prize 60s Mercedes over harsher roads than this just to get it to the mechanic.

:mediocre:

What kind of offroad is that?!

Here's offroad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

me am of raod

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 2, 2024

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://www.jegs.com/i/MSD/121/8956/10002/-1

I have to imagine there is a practical use for this but I have no idea what it could be

It's for putting a window in your block.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

afen posted:

Here's offroad:

Quattro best offroad :colbert:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My Model 3 was fine. It never broke, never killed anybody, and had good build quality. I sold it last year and even got a decent return. That said, it was the most boring goddamn thing I have ever driven, and I could never be sure if it was one accident or bad software upgrade from turning into a roaring fireball where you can't open the doors.

https://i.imgur.com/SPc1fp2.jpeg

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

wrong thread

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

That Works posted:

wrong thread

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

afen posted:

Here's offroad:

Hlel yes.

And you have to remember that the vast majority of Tesla fan boys are massive wetties who were likely never allowed outside as kids so this dirt track is absolutely raw wilderness to them because they've probably never left their own neighbourhood.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I appreciate the sentiment but the car is still terrible.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Still love own the car though.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Midjack posted:

Still love own the car though.

EV's depreciate crazy fast, I don't think the tax credit applies to used sales

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Been seeing this

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Door Frame posted:

EV's depreciate crazy fast, I don't think the tax credit applies to used sales

It can, depending on the age and model of vehicle

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

nice to see the NOFEAR banners have been upgraded

I always liked “Ain’t Skeered” as a redneck alternative.

lol.
Related: I literally just saw my first Cybertrukkkk in the wild. It’s every bit as awkward and low poly as pictures suggest. More so, even. This particular one, bro had given up on the stainless steel. It was wrapped in metal flake black.
I guess the wrap people might love them - they need to be wrapped, owners don’t know how to not spend $$, and it’s literally all flat panels. Easy money for them.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
Pretty sure anyone with half a brain figured out how poo poo Elon was by 2018 when the Model 3 dropped lmao

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I always liked “Ain’t Skeered” as a redneck alternative.

lol.
Related: I literally just saw my first Cybertrukkkk in the wild. It’s every bit as awkward and low poly as pictures suggest. More so, even. This particular one, bro had given up on the stainless steel. It was wrapped in metal flake black.
I guess the wrap people might love them - they need to be wrapped, owners don’t know how to not spend $$, and it’s literally all flat panels. Easy money for them.

I mean, if I'm a guy who wraps cars for a living seeing a cybertruck roll in must be like the easiest money ever.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

coupedeville posted:

Pretty sure anyone with half a brain figured out how poo poo Elon was by 2018 when the Model 3 dropped lmao

His brother is an Epstein island guest lol
His dad married his stepdaughter lmao

poo poo runs in their blood

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

coupedeville posted:

Ehhhhhh, I'd say that the average person had caught on that he might not be the genius everyone thought, but his awfulness as a human wasn't well known, he was still just a weird rich dude. It wasn't obvious what he was about until he bought Twitter in order to finally post all of the stuff that he was scared of getting banned for

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I might be insane but to me it looks the 2024 Buick Envista was made by hitting the Cybertruck with a "modern car design" wand.

E: me write bad grammar

Rick fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 3, 2024

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/rhinosoros/status/1774937463707893788?t=AOFTEdx9bCtFp5HNe_3fDQ&s=19

I just read a story about Amazon's little supermarkets where you didn't have to visit a till to pay, they'd 'just know' because super slick computer wizardry and deduct it from your account automatically. So it turns out those stores were just loaded with cameras and they were paying people in India to check all the footage to get the items and pricing right.

What if self driving cars are just like those lovely little Starship delivery 'robots' and some poor fucker in a 3rd world country on paper cups and string internet is actually doing the driving? :v:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://twitter.com/rhinosoros/status/1774937463707893788?t=AOFTEdx9bCtFp5HNe_3fDQ&s=19

I just read a story about Amazon's little supermarkets where you didn't have to visit a till to pay, they'd 'just know' because super slick computer wizardry and deduct it from your account automatically. So it turns out those stores were just loaded with cameras and they were paying people in India to check all the footage to get the items and pricing right.

What if self driving cars are just like those lovely little Starship delivery 'robots' and some poor fucker in a 3rd world country on paper cups and string internet is actually doing the driving? :v:

Imma need a link to that Amazon thing right quick, because I can't find anything when I search

Also, those people are doing god's work. If there was a driverless car in my neighborhood, I'd try as hard as I can to get it stuck somewhere

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

You mean the no checkout stores that are now giving the customers a scanner that they have to use while shopping?

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/2/24119199/amazon-just-walk-out-cashierless-checkout-ending-dash-carts

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I'm so tempted to call that wrong thread

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

deffo wrong thread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I mean, driverless cars are terrible car stuff so it's both right thread and wrong thread.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

deffo wrong thread

yep, more of that sort of thing

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

Imma need a link to that Amazon thing right quick, because I can't find anything when I search

Also, those people are doing god's work. If there was a driverless car in my neighborhood, I'd try as hard as I can to get it stuck somewhere

Annoyingly it's behind a paywall but the important bit is there were a thousand Indian people who had to check footage and they were manually doing 70% of the work of this supposed automated system and I now just imagine it being the case for most 'AI' as it's no doubt cheaper for companies still.

https://twitter.com/MaestroBG/status/1775261459276243441?t=NX7OAKZkfFOAr5tjvCS2Zg&s=19

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, driverless cars are terrible car stuff so it's both right thread and wrong thread.

I do enjoy feeding these threads with conundrums.

Self driving = terrible car stuff.

People burning lovely tech = awesome car stuff.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Terrible car stuff I finally had to acknowledge and deal with, today: Headlight lenses.

I've owned cars before with glass lenses for the headlights and all was lovely happy times but I've since had to deal with like round #19 dealing with a vehicle with plastic lenses, today. You know how they eventually turn hazy and yellow and opaque over time? Cue me kneeling in the street outside trying to buff out the awfulness.

Old pic but a previous example of me dealing with headlight lenses that were basically made of the same plastic as Tic Tac containers:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Annoyingly it's behind a paywall but the important bit is there were a thousand Indian people who had to check footage and they were manually doing 70% of the work of this supposed automated system and I now just imagine it being the case for most 'AI' as it's no doubt cheaper for companies still.

https://twitter.com/MaestroBG/status/1775261459276243441?t=NX7OAKZkfFOAr5tjvCS2Zg&s=19

So someone read about the Mechanical Turk and instead of going "lol" they said "what a great idea, i thought of it first nobody copy me"

e: oh ffs they aren't even being coy about it https://www.mturk.com/

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Reminder that Cruize got found out to have a large control center where their lovely "self driving" cars were actually controlled from with humans busy doing a bunch of remote control when the "self drive" failed to work

"AI" really is just so much bullshit and needs so much human intervention to even begin to look like it may work. Feel like it's once again, the more you are in IT and not a tech bro the less you believe the poo poo because you see the strings.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
People should just let all of us see the strings, imo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So are all these hot (AI) chicks that I see in my facebook feed as I scroll down actual real girls with perfect skin, nice tits and asses just real people with hosed up hands and numbers on their shirts that are just numbers that don't actually exist?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
All numbers are just made up concepts, and after reading that post I'm fairly sure it's you that's the AI, sir

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Whatever intelligence I have is definitely artificial.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://youtu.be/zS9U3Gc832Y

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 3, 2024

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
What does this even achieve?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Not gonna like, this would both be terrifying and hilarious.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My kid started to stream an episode of whatever kids watch and the connection lagged, 3 dead when our boat went off the road into a garage, loving 5g.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

TuxedoOrca posted:

What does this even achieve?

Freedom from trucks

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Well, I feel incredibly vindicated for refusing to step foot in one of those stores. I knew it was too good to be true, but didn't think it was that gross

As for the ball of flame, anyone who has been in a city could have told them what would happen if a completely empty car was rolling around. Getting windows smashed and tagged up was the best case scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The Amazon Fresh loss prevention team chasing me out into the parking lot to recover the $3.99 squash I made it look like came from the $2.99 squash bin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDAHHPGcLzo&t=26s