Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

From what I understand Orton is very well-regarded by other wrestlers because he works a very safe style that doesn’t injure himself or opponents, hits all his moves well , and wrestling him is like having a night off.

That and he manages to do it while being very over with the crowds.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

From what I understand Orton is very well-regarded by other wrestlers because he works a very safe style that doesn’t injure himself or opponents, hits all his moves well , and wrestling him is like having a night off.

Well except that time he dislocated his shoulder doing his mat taunt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

While his style isn't for me, Orton is the best possible ambassador for "wwe style". He is consistent, he gets a decent crowd reaction, he wrestles a match that could be wrestled 200 times a year without having major risks of injury to himself or his opponent, and you know exactly what you're going to get with him. He's a Big Mac of a wrestler.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thank god its Wednesday

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Omega would probably have the opposite effect on Orton and get him to do something fun for once like when Rollins talked him into doing the curbstomp into RKO spot.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
From what I'm understanding, if Orton didn't have the cutter as a finisher and studied DDP tapes to find interesting finishes then he's basically The Miz

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Nah, the Miz is way better on the mic. Randy is just boring

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Since Shard brought up him dislocating his shoulder I will share my other favorite Orton memory; that time he did the jumping splits.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Shard posted:

Thank god its Wednesday

I have to say I'm not quite as excited for Wednesday night this week, probably due to the releases leaving a bad aftertaste.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm ready for a Battle of Wills

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been a hosed up week at work, looking forward to lighting the god drat fuse

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

explosivo posted:

Been a hosed up week at work, looking forward to lighting the god drat fuse

Same here. Dynamite looks good and I'm especially hyped for Bucks v Best Friends.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hopefully the feeling is back for me this week. Despite the awesome matches, the last couple of Dynamites have been a bit meh for me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Singles Match
Thunder Rosa vs. Mariah May

Singles Match
Billy Gunn vs. Jay White

Singles Match
Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Will Ospreay

AEW World Tag Team Title Tournament Semi Final Match
The Young Bucks (Matthew Jackson & Nicholas Jackson) vs. Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Beretta) (w/Chuck Taylor)

the billy gunn feature match...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Singles Match

Singles Match
Billy Gunn vs. Jay White

Singles Match

The Young Bucks (Matthew Jackson & Nicholas Jackson) vs. Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Beretta) (w/Chuck Taylor)

dire

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Maybe I will be watching Dynamite while playing helldivers tonight lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Singles Match

Singles Match
Billy Gunn vs. Jay White

Singles Match

Im not super excited but that usually turns out ok. I think it helps that I skip rampage and collision most weeks so I'm not burned out

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I'm likely to get very loud during the best friends/evps match

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'll be watching Dynamite after work tomorrow on Fire.tv by which I mean last week's because I'm very behind on my wrestling

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

fake fans not being hype to see just how good of a match Jay White can have with old rear end Billy Gunn

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Can't wait to see Mariah May beat the poo poo out of Rosa.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Suplex Liberace posted:

fake fans not being hype to see just how good of a match Jay White can have with old rear end Billy Gunn

Jay's going to murder Billy and probably set up the trios unification match, this should be a pretty fun segment.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wandler20 posted:

Can't wait to see Mariah May beat the poo poo out of Rosa.

I suspect some chicanery

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I look at this dynamite card and I see what should be good to great matches plus an appearance by the rear end Man being destroyed by Jay White

It's Wednesday :dance:

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Suplex Liberace posted:

I'm hype to see the levels of protection Billy will require to take a loss. belt shot+BCG interference+10 ton anvil dropped on the rafters probably

loved how even his "home invasion" was knocking some water bottles off a counter and almost breaking a TV. what a worker

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jay White actually has earned a lot of passes from me with the poolside promo featuring a runin by Darby Allin Skeleton, so he is allowed to wrestle a dad imo.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Jay White is gonna kick out of a Fameasser at 2.99 and it'll be so worth it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love The Acclaimed, but it's time for Jay White and his sons to systematically destroy them limb by limb and unify the belts at Dynasty

I wonder how Absolute Big's loss affects the tag tournament. FTR was probably gonna go over them anyway to get their dub back, but it'd be interesting if the plan was Best Friends vs them instead. I'm sorta with the guy who complained about FTR vs Bucks for the belts yet again, sure, it's a six star match, but I really wanna see Best Friends or Top Flight finally win the big one

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Jay White better leave Billy intact. Ospreay wants to and should be the one to retire him :colbert:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

daddy rear end vs jay white

we’re finally getting to the fireworks factory

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RandolphCarter posted:

Since Shard brought up him dislocating his shoulder I will share my other favorite Orton memory; that time he did the jumping splits.

Orton's best moment is when he threw a Christmas present Hadoken at Otunga and between nailing him perfectly and Otunga's sell of it, Orton had a moment of cracking up uncontrollably over how amazing it was.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Billy will kill that nerd in 3 minutes and shave his beard.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
beardless jay white is a child

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Orton was fun back when he was doing the anger management gimmick. "Last week I slapped Stephanie McMahon, kicked her father in the head and then made out with her. I have a disorder you see"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sisal Two-Step posted:

beardless jay white is a child

o no

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jay White needs to do a beard vs mask match. The near falls would be amazing.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Poor Jay White

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

RandolphCarter posted:

Jay White needs to do a beard vs mask match. The near falls would be amazing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Just for data, he's 25 in that picture from late 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry