Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I think the string cheese mascot should wrestle and hit people with his cheese hair Bianca Belair-style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

the show really is quite ugly, its a good way to remind u of the rest of the stuff straight away. I hate the huge lcd screen entranceway so much, and im still not a fan of lcd screens on the ring apron/posts. its too much, it makes my eyes hurt to watch wwe, its like looking at two screens at once somehow

I realize that this is probably just me being an old man and bitching about things, but the way that every wwe entrance nowadays has the entire ringside area, ring, ring posts, ring apron, ramp and everything else light up with the wrestler’s logo just bugs the poo poo out of me

I watched a clip where Seth Rollins was coming out and the sheer amount of the little SR logo looked absolutely ridiculous

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There was a period, and maybe they still do it, where it felt like everyone in WWE had to have a logo like that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

There was a period, and maybe they still do it, where it felt like everyone in WWE had to have a logo like that.

As a kid they used to have that for most wrestlers too. They'd cut promos on a green screen with their logo on the background. But I think the Nick Khan era made it a directive for *everyone* to have unique branding.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It was definitely a thing when I first started watching in the late 90s too. It was most apparent in the video games where you could set what signs the crowd would hold up for the wrestlers you created, and almost all of the options were just various logos for the wrestlers that already existed. I feel like even the likes of D'Lo Brown and Steve Blackman had logos that could be used on their ring gear or video if need be. Failing that, a nickname or a catchphrase. From what I've seen, I totally agree that the multiple screens make it much worse now though.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

As a kid they used to have that for most wrestlers too. They'd cut promos on a green screen with their logo on the background. But I think the Nick Khan era made it a directive for *everyone* to have unique branding.

Unfortunately they seem to have lost their ability to make cool logoes because basically every one I have seen in the modern era sucks out loud

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah it's the multiple screens PLUS the awful 3D graphics they still insist on using. Pick one or, preferably, neither

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
And why does their hair have to be wet the whole match? Are we to believe the wrestlers entered the ring after walking through a waterfall? Too much water, WWE, by far.

Hell, some even spit the water. In these times when others go without. Disgusting.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

I can't imagine anything WWE would ever do that could get me to watch their product again. I hate the way the show looks, I don't know who most the people are, I hate their match philosophy and on top of that all I despise the company, its sexual harassment culture and its business practices.

:emptyquote:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SpeakSlow posted:

And why does their hair have to be wet the whole match? Are we to believe the wrestlers entered the ring after walking through a waterfall? Too much water, WWE, by far.

Hell, some even spit the water. In these times when others go without. Disgusting.

If you had seen Kane with hair, you would know why their hair has to be wet the whole match

Kane at full dry frizz was a sight to behold

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i hope they have new stupid giant holograms. i want a ben franklin hologram

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Parallax posted:

i hope they have new stupid giant holograms. i want a ben freakin' hologram

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Shard posted:

I can't imagine anything WWE would ever do that could get me to watch their product again. I hate the way the show looks, I don't know who most the people are, I hate their match philosophy and on top of that all I despise the company, its sexual harassment culture and its business practices.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Good news! We have another in the long and successful line of WrestleMania celebrity collabs. Who is it this time? Muhammad Ali? Floyd Mayweather? Donald Trump? No, it is ultra popular and well known weightlifting influencer Joey Swoll (millions of followers on Twitter and Instagram) who has agreed to confront Austin Theory and Grayson Waller and also strangely CM Punk.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/news-massive-wwe-wrestlemania-40-appearance-confirmed-major-implications-top-title-match

This will draw those Scots back from the Euros.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Has anyone tried the Rocks new line of men’s skin care products Papatui? I’ve heard it’s super affordable and available exclusively at Target.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bababooey

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMmY61Cs/

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Babatunde?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That's Dabba Kato to you!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If the many literally evil things the company does didn't exist the only way they could get me back is giving Shane the book for one hour a week with no oversight.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

TheKingslayer posted:

If the many literally evil things the company does didn't exist the only way they could get me back is giving Russo the book for three hours a week with no oversight.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

projecthalaxy posted:

Good news! We have another in the long and successful line of WrestleMania celebrity collabs. Who is it this time? Muhammad Ali? Floyd Mayweather? Donald Trump? No, it is ultra popular and well known weightlifting influencer Joey Swoll (millions of followers on Twitter and Instagram) who has agreed to confront Austin Theory and Grayson Waller and also strangely CM Punk.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/news-massive-wwe-wrestlemania-40-appearance-confirmed-major-implications-top-title-match

So is he one of the big three (rapist, murderer, racist) or one of the lesser evils (PUA, Incel, Chud, Blue Lives Matter, MAGA etc.)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dunno

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

heard he flipped off a puppy once

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

So is he one of the big three (rapist, murderer, racist) or one of the lesser evils (PUA, Incel, Chud, Blue Lives Matter, MAGA etc.)

No idea. Better to just shotgun those allegations out there. Didn't you hear?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Google says:

quote:

Swoll is a bodybuilder and fitness model who calls himself the "CEO of gym positivity" and "the anti-influencer influencer".

Seems like a good guy to me!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

They should have an anthropomorphic Slim Jim mascot. Just a big ol pepperoni to do run ins for LA Knight

bringing back the slim jim guy?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

loved those commercials they were nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1XM3_0v7pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufmu4nvvSRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkTrL4YpwDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zesUjgzBauc

and a bonus macho man one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxp_3000h_U

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So many people gonna get injured in a 12 man ladder match holy poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they should use the power of AI to recreate Andre the Giant and have him bodyslam hulk hogan

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Slim Jim Guy commercials are such an intense nostalgia rush for me. Those commercials were everywhere.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

weekly font posted:

So many people gonna get injured in a 12 man ladder match holy poo poo

12 man ladder match honestly seems like too many people tbh.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the slim jim is going over cody

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

these are the types of star making opportunities that wrestlers in aew are never going to get. it’s a big reason why they’ll all want to go to wwe at some point

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

these are the types of star making opportunities that wrestlers in aew are never going to get. it’s a big reason why they’ll all want to go to wwe at some point

they all confirmed this with John Lanza of FightGame Pod 😔

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Hey thats not totally fair. AEW had rick and morty and Asleep Mike Tyson and uhh, that golden globe or emmys or whatever guy that best friends helped feud with Planet Jarrett

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

The Slim Jim Guy commercials are such an intense nostalgia rush for me. Those commercials were everywhere.

you want a real trip, go look up pdf scans of magazine ads from back then. I did the other day and holy poo poo they were so out of pocket.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[picking head up] rick and morty????

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Hey thats not totally fair. AEW had rick and morty and Asleep Mike Tyson and uhh, that golden globe or emmys or whatever guy that best friends helped feud with Planet Jarrett

kevin smith was in the crowd that one time. And snoop did a flying nothing. A bunch of football players were in the front row of one of their shows recently as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

I thought I had done enough drugs in my 20s to forget this horror