Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilmiera posted:

Both the current and incoming governments are very pro-Israel despite many of their members saying they'd rather not be and you'd think supporting Palestine would be an easy vote grab for either side but apparently not

The Israel lobby seems to have completely captured Labour in a way similar to what they have with the dems in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

His heart got three sizes too small

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://x.com/corpseinorbit/status/1775248589515641235?s=20

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

mcmagic posted:

The Israel lobby seems to have completely captured Labour in a way similar to what they have with the dems in the US.

But for real, what the gently caress is this "While this agreement is an important piece of defence diplomacy, the security implications of this work warrant the agreement being kept at a higher security classification, and therefore it will not be made public." ?

I am not dying for the bastards that blew up the King David.

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

So if this was the motive all along…then what’s their main objective? Use the “port” for what? A mechanism to deport Palestinians…?

https://x.com/gregjstoker/status/1775582164442026412?s=46

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What are the chances they elect someone even more bloodthirsty than Nentanyahu?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

CheetoVonTito posted:

So if this was the motive all along…then what’s their main objective? Use the “port” for what? A mechanism to deport Palestinians…?

Weapons go in, Refugees come out.

Bing bong, so simple.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Retromancer posted:

Does Biden have the power to disband the UN if they keep getting uppity? Just waltz into the building and say "Hey, you're evicted. Get out."?

walking away from the institutions the US built leaves everyone else free to do deals without them (e.g. BRICS setting up independent financial systems, iran-saudia arabia rapprochement or germany-russia relations etcetc). biden attempting to disband the UN would literally be the worst thing they could do. the US gets its legitimacy through ostensibly neutral, fair, international agreements that it ignores when it suits them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

AIPAC gives each congress member around 10 million dollars, or at least that is a number I have seen thrown around. On top of a very powerful propaganda and smear campaign against anyone who speaks out against Israel.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I feel like TikTok has been pushing more Pro-Israel content ever since congress threw their temper tantrum.

I see a live of someone sitting in front of text like "Israel owes Palestinians nothing" like every day now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CheetoVonTito posted:

Biden is sending them more weapons, maybe the occasional American wanting to flee home is another use for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The U.N. for how useless it is in protecting non-state actors, and smaller countries, doesn't it pretty much prevent the big countries from going to war with each other? Its like the main thing preventing World War III, but it also allows things like genocide to take place and allow the world to look the other way guilt free.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

docbeard posted:

I mean, it's also the most recent atrocity (that's been documented), people weren't exactly silent about the murders in the hospital a couple days ago, just as I imagine people will be focused on whatever Israel does today or tomorrow or

Though yeah, it's definitely true that the world is reacting to the murder of (white) westerners in a way they aren't reacting to the continuing and ongoing slaughter of Palestinians

I think there are other reasons this is getting more traction too, like that the victims were from multiple allied countries, that it was a triple tap of vehicles that have coordinated their travel plans with the IDF, WCK and Jose Andres being high-profile (not just his DC connections, but Andres is a regular guest on several late night shows) - but most importantly, that Israel gave up on trying to deny it or make up an alternative narrative. It feels like they are really tossing out the "What are you gonna do about it?" in a way that will likely break the illusion for a lot of people

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Retromancer posted:

I feel like TikTok has been pushing more Pro-Israel content ever since congress threw their temper tantrum.

I see a live of someone sitting in front of text like "Israel owes Palestinians nothing" like every day now.

Don't worry, once US officially kick Tiktok out of the country and you have to access to through web app, it will back to serve your normal content the rest of the world read.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

most british people want a total arms embargo against Israel too bad they dont live in a democracy

====

Poll: Majority of Britons support arms embargo on Israel

British YouGov Foundation Survey:

56% of Britons support an arms embargo on Israel

59% of Britons see Israel as violating human rights in Gaza

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...588;&%231585;-2

3% of brits think israel is violating human rights but shouldnt get embargoed

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

I said come in! posted:

None of the religious zionists have the momentum to win an election. It'll be between Netanyahu, Gantz and Lapid - so Hitler 2 vs two calmer Hitlers, with the upside being that as opposed to Netanyahu's endsieg approach, Lapid said he would be willing to consider ending the war in exchange for the hostages, and Gantz might swing that way if he thinks he won't get grilled too hard for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I said come in! posted:

AIPAC gives each congress member around 10 million dollars, or at least that is a number I have seen thrown around. On top of a very powerful propaganda and smear campaign against anyone who speaks out against Israel.

They are WAYYYYYYYYYYYY cheaper dates than that lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

the singing was edited in lol lmao d2i d2a

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1775575554172805585

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Wow Jose Andres is suprisingly forthright and swinging against israel. Maybe he should start a 'Michelin Martyrs Brigade'.

======

‎Central Kitchen: Israeli forces systematically targeted our employees in Gaza‎
‎Founder of the global central cuisine José Andrés:‎

‎Israeli forces have systematically targeted our staff in Gaza car after car.‎
‎Israeli forces were aware of the movements of aid workers in Gaza at the time of the attack.‎
‎The IDF targeted our employees in a de-escalation zone under its control.‎
‎The famine in Gaza is real.‎
‎The United States has failed the Palestinian people and must do more.‎
‎We will continue to assess the situation in Gaza to determine when we can return.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6419031

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he will say “keep up the good work “

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Immediately bloodthirsty? no, long-term, yes. The opposition that has any chance at winning an election just wants to return to the slow burn of wiping out Palestinians over decades since speedrunning it is too vulgar.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Hitler 2 probably will bomb a hospital parking lot before the phone call.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Hitler 2 probably will bomb a hospital parking lot before the phone call.

they'll bomb the hospital itself

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I feel like if any US president ever actually tried to cut aid to Israel, they would at least try to assassinate him or her.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

BREAKING ALJAZEERA:- PALESTINIAN ISLAMIC JIHAD ROCKETING KISOVIM FROM NORTHERN GAZA gently caress YES :black101:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Dreylad posted:

Immediately bloodthirsty? no, long-term, yes. The opposition that has any chance at winning an election just wants to return to the slow burn of wiping out Palestinians over decades since speedrunning it is too vulgar.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

CheetoVonTito posted:

Bear in mind the port was not a new idea when it was announced at the SOTU, Bibi suggested the idea to Biden on October 22 (source: https://www.jpost.com/international/article-791239). The port is a long term Israel objective, it'll be one of the things they point to to show what they accomplished when it's over.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

I said come in! posted:

The U.N. for how useless it is in protecting non-state actors, and smaller countries, doesn't it pretty much prevent the big countries from going to war with each other? Its like the main thing preventing World War III, but it also allows things like genocide to take place and allow the world to look the other way guilt free.

no, material reality and nukes stop powerful states from going to war with any other powerful states unless they feel they have to. the US has been engaged in a war with China, Russia and Iran (as an example) for ever.

people just don't usually see it because it's confined to the economic or cultural world.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Lmao the hosed up biosphere posters caterwauling into this thread

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

CheetoVonTito posted:

Something something port of Eilat is empty, maybe this fights against the ansarallah blockade of the red sea?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

I said come in! posted:

100%

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I think a way to deport Palestinians to Europe would be near the top of the list, as well as a way for Israel to insert troops into the middle of Gaza at will, control the flow of goods into Gaza in perpetuity, since presumably land crossings can and will be closed if the port exists, which means Israel will have a tap to turn on and (more often) off. The offshore oil and gas, I don't know about, but even Israel operating the port would be an illegal act of occupation, since offshore fisheries and the port itself would legally belong in Palestinian hands, which is never going to happen.

Also Israel is creeping towards their fantasy, since US troops will be landed in Gaza to construct it, just as Israel is doing literally everything possible to spark a regional war where the US would be forced to come to Israel's defence, by striking the embassy on the same day as the aid workers. Israel's best case scenario is not only that US forces build a loving port for them, but that they are targeted in retaliation for some bullshit Israel pulls somewhere, by Syria, Iran, or Hezbollah, and then Israel is bailed out. The hope is that once US forces enter Gaza, they don't leave, and become part of the conflict, which ties the US to Israel.

There is a pervasive belief that the US population can be led around by the nose as long as the US is acting in "self defence", war is declared on it, you know Gulf of Tonkin poo poo. So US troops getting killed in Gaza, the hope is, means the US population is eternally onboard with Israel's project there, and the urgency in accomplishing this is pretty clear as Israel freaks out about public dissent - it doesn't matter that Biden is ignoring the dissent, that it exists at all infuriates Israel.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 19:39 on Apr 3, 2024

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
“Hitler MUST do a better job of protecting Germany's Jewish citizens”

I say as I sell him truckloads of Zyklon B canisters.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

im very angry but you can't see how angry i am because i am angry in private don't tell anyone though it's a secret just know that i am angry

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Spoondick posted:

im very angry but you can't see how angry i am because i am angry in private don't tell anyone though it's a secret just know that i am angry

It's such a stupid loving messaging strategy, but someone explained how Democrats think of the presidency a while ago that makes some sense of it. Democrats don't believe power can, or should, be used. For the President to do anything is either impossible or bad, for nebulous reasons. The job of the President is to react to things. This is why Dems remain enamoured by Obama, a loving feckless loser. Obama saw his job as making speeches, reacting to things, rather than actually loving doing anything.

So, Biden being personally "mad" is enough to mollify Democrats who believe that that's all the President can do, emote in reaction to events, on their behalf, but not actually wield power.

e: It might have been Norm in his book, actually, who described Obama that way and cracked the code for me.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow Jose Andres is suprisingly forthright and swinging against israel. Maybe he should start a 'Michelin Martyrs Brigade'.

======

‎Central Kitchen: Israeli forces systematically targeted our employees in Gaza‎
‎Founder of the global central cuisine José Andrés:‎

‎Israeli forces have systematically targeted our staff in Gaza car after car.‎
‎Israeli forces were aware of the movements of aid workers in Gaza at the time of the attack.‎
‎The IDF targeted our employees in a de-escalation zone under its control.‎
‎The famine in Gaza is real.‎
‎The United States has failed the Palestinian people and must do more.‎
‎We will continue to assess the situation in Gaza to determine when we can return.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6419031

I'm not sure how much it matters but it's at least nice to see him publicly rebuke Israel's lie about it being unintentional.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's such a stupid loving messaging strategy, but someone explained how Democrats think of the presidency a while ago that makes some sense of it. Democrats don't believe power can, or should, be used. For the President to do anything is either impossible or bad, for nebulous reasons. The job of the President is to react to things. This is why Dems remain enamoured by Obama, a loving feckless loser. Obama saw his job as making speeches, reacting to things, rather than actually loving doing anything.

So, Biden being personally "mad" is enough to mollify Democrats who believe that that's all the President can do, emote in reaction to events, on their behalf, but not actually wield power.

e: It might have been Norm in his book, actually, who described Obama that way and cracked the code for me.

While this is true to an extent they also have zero issue wielding power against the left when the chips are down.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Retromancer posted:

So now it's good that Israel blew up the truck because it turns out they only killed a bunch of Westoid spooks, right?

Do you support what happened in Benghazi and, by implication, what happened in Libya because it turned out they killed a bunch of Western spies diplomatic staff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Spoondick posted:

Just let this mike accidentally record my secret angry yelling at Hitler, that will save my votes. Also let the lgbt white house spokesperson to nudge nudge wink wink my true intension, make sure don't let that former general spokeman touch it.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Apr 3, 2024