Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Oh weird. I five starred my cat in a couple seasons without water and thought it was still the same. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

effervescible posted:

Last night I wanted to swap out my default bed for a cuter bed I got from the ticket machine, but my cat was sleeping on it and the game informed me I could not change a bed currently in use. That's the most realistically cat thing ever, A+ programming.

That's great, I love it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I have the big house and everything and 14 hearts with spouse but still no baby.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
Just learning now that your pet has a water bowl? It’s funny what tips you pick up because I’ve known about the pulsing community center icon for a while.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I got to the year two spirit eve, very cool and fun with the new design. It was nice to see George and Evelyn there, too. Was disappointed I still couldn't pester the Wizard on spirit's eve.

I've started picking up trinkets in the mines. I was on the lower levels, hunting slimes to get the last 130 or so for the ring when the quiver dropped. It was hilarious, I was just walking around while my invisible bow killed everything with death ray arrows. Try it between levels 1 and 20, no effort slime slaughter, lol

I just picked up a frog trinket? Had to go home, as it was almost 2 am, but I can't wait to try it later.

A pet is worth 12 points, watering is worth 6. If you pet and water your cat/dog every day, you can get to full hearts roughly 1.5 times faster, depending on how little it rains (when rain fills the bowl, it probably doesn't count for points.)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I pet the kitty and give water to the kitty because otherwise it will be sad and thirsty

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I pet the kitty and give water to the kitty because otherwise it will be sad and thirsty

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they need to add a toilet as furniture so that i know my cat will always have access to fresh water indoors

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bad Purchase posted:

they need to add a toilet as furniture so that i know my cat will always have access to fresh water indoors

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/12404

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ohhyeah posted:

Just learning now that your pet has a water bowl? It’s funny what tips you pick up because I’ve known about the pulsing community center icon for a while.

Lmao I actually also just realized that you can put water in the water bowl for the first time this playthrough.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Filox posted:

I've started picking up trinkets in the mines. I was on the lower levels, hunting slimes to get the last 130 or so for the ring when the quiver dropped. It was hilarious, I was just walking around while my invisible bow killed everything with death ray arrows. Try it between levels 1 and 20, no effort slime slaughter, lol

I just picked up a frog trinket? Had to go home, as it was almost 2 am, but I can't wait to try it later.

The fairy that heals you combined with a vampire ring is hilariously broken. I haven't needed to eat food during a mine run since I got it, I just facetank everything while flailing away with my sword.

ZeeCee
Jan 6, 2023

I really like the mod that makes you need fewer scarecrows as you get more hearts with your pet

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/21247

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My dog gave me a stick last night and I thought I must have imagined it, but as a max-heart thing that's frickin adorable. I petted him and he gave me a driftwood :3:

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

HopperUK posted:

My dog gave me a stick last night and I thought I must have imagined it, but as a max-heart thing that's frickin adorable. I petted him and he gave me a driftwood :3:

My cat gives me fish most days. It's no wonder I can't catch anything but trash in the farm ponds, puss has been busy de-stocking.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
just realized I can get spicy eel from the desert merchant for a ruby, I'll probably decommission my eel pond and maybe install a crystarium or two

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Stingrays are nice in a pond because they produce dragon teeth, which later in the game becomes one of the most pain in the rear end items to gather.

never mind, keeping the pond and changing the fish

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

Unintentionally, I have become history's greatest monster

My dog is trapped by the stable, the bin, and the trees. It's actually really convenient because now he's always right next to his bowl and I can give him his morning pat at the same time I fill it

the actual, for real, crime in that image is the stable is on the wrong side of the house so the roofs are not aligned properly. shame shame shame

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

I might be weird but I have made a rule for myself that I don't chop trees on the farm unless they are blocking new growth or in the way of my farming plot. I chop all the external trees as soon as they're ready for the free regrowth. I am sitting on like 700 wood and a similar amount of seeds in early Y1 winter but haven't had to plant any to maintain sustainability.

not weird at all. there are many ways to play the game. The issue comes about when a player tries to take every path all at once or a couple things that require a particular resource without setup, it leads to a shortage/limiting step somewhere. Coal or even just wood is one. Stone is another.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Cranappleberry posted:

not weird at all. there are many ways to play the game. The issue comes about when a player tries to take every path all at once or a couple things that require a particular resource without setup, it leads to a shortage/limiting step somewhere. Coal or even just wood is one. Stone is another.

Yeah but honestly you can get wood and some cheaply from Robin. Should probably start cooking wood for coal not often since I have a surplus currently. Buying from Clint is pricey and running sprite floors can be time consuming.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the lid is closed, how is my cat supposed to drink from it?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Getting started on the 1.6 playthrough

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Very nice! Reminds me why I use recolours though. Gosh that yellow is just a lot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Goatse James Bond posted:

just realized I can get spicy eel from the desert merchant for a ruby, I'll probably decommission my eel pond and maybe install a crystarium or two

Save your jade, he’ll give you staircases for that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

Yeah but honestly you can get wood and some cheaply from Robin. Should probably start cooking wood for coal not often since I have a surplus currently. Buying from Clint is pricey and running sprite floors can be time consuming.

protip: wood chippers can use driftwood

if you want coal you should still recycle it normally, but you get a lot more wood if you chip it

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That bathroom mod owns and I just need to make sure it works with 1.6

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Cranappleberry posted:

the actual, for real, crime in that image is the stable is on the wrong side of the house so the roofs are not aligned properly. shame shame shame

so if i'm going into town or the bus stop you want me to go left first then right? get the gently caress out of here with that inefficiency

e: even if i'm going down through the field to my barn and coop like usual, the door is closer to the right side of the house

e2: i'm also moving the greenhouse to where you'd have me put the stable as soon as it's unlocked. so i'd have to run all the way past the stable first! so many reasons you're wrong

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 4, 2024

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

That bathroom mod owns and I just need to make sure it works with 1.6

Alas, apparently not. Causes texture problems in a twice-upgraded house according to the comments.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Stable placement is a good litmus test for what kind of player you are.

Do you put it to the right of your house? It fits perfectly and is the most efficient, and just put up with that roof line like some kind of psychopath.

Or do you put it to the left of your house so the roofs line up and it looks nice, like a wholesome human being?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Visible Fish + Reflections

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Zesty posted:

Visible Fish + Reflections

That's pretty cool.

What is that red coral stuff in your inventory, and who is building you farm buildings that is not Robin?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

HopperUK posted:

Very nice! Reminds me why I use recolours though. Gosh that yellow is just a lot.

Which recolor mod are you using?
I'm looking at different ones, and I'm leaning towards Starblue Valley, but the mod doesn't seem to be updated for 1.6 yet :mad:

/edit: was happy to see from the mod discussion that there's an unofficial update for it since the original mod is discontinued, but alas...

welp, not quite 1.6-ready just yet, it seems

/edit2: gonna give DaisyNiko's Earthy Recolor a spin, I guess

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 4, 2024

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's pretty cool.

What is that red coral stuff in your inventory, and who is building you farm buildings that is not Robin?

Dulse Seaweed. And it is Robin.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
The 1.6 hype got me back into this, but I'm still on 1.5 because I'm a mobile pleb. Game still good.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Filox posted:

I've started picking up trinkets in the mines. I was on the lower levels, hunting slimes to get the last 130 or so for the ring [spoiler] when the quiver dropped. It was hilarious, I was just walking around while my invisible bow killed everything with death ray arrows. Try it between levels 1 and 20, no effort slime slaughter, lol

I re-rolled my quiver a few times to get a rapid variant and it's amazing at keeping flying enemies away from you.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

What the still image doesn't get across is the shooting stars. It looks really good. Other players don't reflect in your game though. NPCs do.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

counterfeitsaint posted:

Stable placement is a good litmus test for what kind of player you are.

Do you put it to the right of your house? It fits perfectly and is the most efficient, and just put up with that roof line like some kind of psychopath.

Or do you put it to the left of your house so the roofs line up and it looks nice, like a wholesome human being?

I don't build the stable at all. :twisted:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I put the stable near the path to town. :)

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

you guys want crimes? i'll give you god drat crimes

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

wyoming posted:

That's what I'm doing on my current farm too. I want to put a little garden to the left, so the stable needs to go to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

wyoming posted:

I recommend the Grass Growth mod, so you can grow grass on the green areas for your animals. Also, do you know about the hidden path between your barn and coop?