Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Vampire Panties posted:

Alaska is doing it too. Some people see a piggy bank and can't help smashing it open

I've met some of those vampire 'hustler/sigma gridset' types, "Never leave money on the table!"

'money on the table' refers both to money not taken during negotiations and to communal funds/community savings. Then you get an entire country built on that premise and welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

We properly beat up the person once we had him bound and gagged. We are big and tough you see. Once a person is in cuffs, we make sure to let them have it unlike Norway. All they do is put them on trial and make sure they are well fed and looked after in the run up.

:golfclap:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
tbh, if you are mass murderer in Russia, you're still more likely to get a pardon from Putin for serving in 3-day SMO than have your ear cut off

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Tai posted:

We properly beat up the person once we had him bound and gagged. We are big and tough you see. Once a person is in cuffs, we make sure to let them have it unlike Norway. All they do is put them on trial and make sure they are well fed and looked after in the run up.

:golfclap:

There are a ton of hooting bloodthirsty dipshits in every society that don't seem to understand the reason Brevik is not being brutalized in prison is, in part, to spite all the hooting bloodthirsty dipshits.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1775489863485178228

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Another smoking incident?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Ronwayne posted:

There are a ton of hooting bloodthirsty dipshits in every society that don't seem to understand the reason Brevik is not being brutalized in prison is, in part, to spite all the hooting bloodthirsty dipshits.

He's not getting the Playstation games he wants, that's the real torture.
And his Château le Blanc '68 is supposed to be served slightly chilled.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Avirosb posted:

He's not getting the Playstation games he wants, that's the real torture.
And his Château le Blanc '68 is supposed to be served slightly chilled.

It would be doubly funny if all he can play is Nintendo games.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Ronwayne posted:

He can only have three pets in his cell.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Burns posted:

It would be doubly funny if all he can play is Nintendo games.

I'll bet they gave him a Nintendo Switch Lite, with no memory card.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Fundamentally be having something doing the brutalising you have created a worse POS than 99% of anyone you were trying to punish

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1775532012431929630
:troll:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Oh my, obviously containing embargoed wood... as is the fashion these days. :byodood:

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Shoigu strikes again!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Hopefully all the top secret pallet technology confiscated.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

That wood was going to be placed in reactive armour cases in an illegal war special military operation war

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Sactioned wood, eh

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/meck...tschiff128.html

quick deepl translation

Ship with sanctioned cargo in Rostock: shipping company wants to cooperate

The "Atlantic Navigator II" is still not allowed to leave Rostock's international harbour. The container ship from Russia, which was detained by German customs, was carrying goods such as uranium and timber. The timber is on EU sanctions lists.

In the meantime, the Canadian shipping company CISN has also spoken out about the case. According to the company, it is working closely with the German authorities to ensure that the freighter can continue its journey to the USA as soon as possible. According to a spokesperson, the shipping company, whose subsidiary owns the freighter, attaches great importance to complying with the strict sanctions laws.

The "Atlantic Navigator II" has been berthed in Rostock seaport since 4 March, and the freighter, which came from Saint Petersburg and flies the flag of the Marshall Islands, is not allowed to leave. The reason is its cargo: The ship has 251 containers of birch plywood from Russia on board. This was confirmed to NDR by the public prosecutor's office in Rostock. The timber is on the European Union's sanctions lists and is therefore not allowed to be shipped from Rostock.

Originally, the ship coming from St. Petersburg was not supposed to call at the port of Rostock at all. According to the harbour and maritime office of the Hanseatic city, a propulsion failure forced an unscheduled repair stop in Rostock. Customs came across the goods, which were sanctioned by the EU due to the Russian attack on Ukraine, and prohibited them from continuing their journey. In response to an enquiry from the NDR, the Port and Maritime Authority announced that the propeller damage on the "Atlantic Navigator II" had already been repaired.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Suspiciously high amounts of uranium? Whatever. But these planks of wood here? That is verboten.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

god please help me posted:

Suspiciously high amounts of uranium? Whatever. But these planks of wood here? That is verboten.

That's the EU for you.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Avirosb posted:

That's the EU for you.

Uranium leaving Russia is generally a good thing.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

mllaneza posted:

Uranium leaving Russia is generally a good thing.

Depends if it fissions upon arrival at destination.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

god please help me posted:

Lockwood!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I have a hunch that Ukrainians would disagree that paying Russia billions for fissile material is good, actually.

Anyway, that stuff is not on sanctions lists because countries are critically dependent on it. Why the USA is importing lumber is mystifying to me, though.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

A lot of cabinet makers and other carpenters were ridiculously dependent on cheap "baltic" birch plywood from Russia. I also miss how cheap it was for its quality, mostly for hobby projects.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Mods pls rename to Baltic birch

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vZtD48VAuk

Lmao nice reality world

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Antigravitas posted:

I have a hunch that Ukrainians would disagree that paying Russia billions for fissile material is good, actually.

Anyway, that stuff is not on sanctions lists because countries are critically dependent on it. Why the USA is importing lumber is mystifying to me, though.
I didn't check but Ukraine is probably still paying for gas because the alternative is freezing to death. The uranium is overall pretty negligible.

Man are they going to finally do something or just whine about it on TV?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1775525564075393422

quote:

⚡️UN Secretary-General’s spokesman Stephane Dujarric has called for an end to strikes on russia’s "civilian infrastructure."

The spokesperson said this when asked about the drone attack on a russian facility in Tatarstan, where Shahed kamikaze drones are manufactured.

Dujarric also noted that attacks on critical infrastructure in Ukraine continue, but in the context of these statements he did not call on moscow to stop strikes on Ukraine.
:rolleye:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Depends if it fissions upon arrival at destination.

That's all uranium.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

lol @ Gazprom only being able to afford to buy a spokesman and not the actual secretary general anymore. Broke rear end birches.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

thanks, now I equate the words Stephane Dujarric with the term fleshstick.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

"Gosh when you think about it that facility was pretty much a maternity hospital for drones and so Ukraine is basically killing babies, when will this senseless violence against civilian Russia end?" :fuckoff:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah the nazis started the war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else and nobody was going to bomb them.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
State media outrage is always good when something happens. The how dare you attitude from the presenters is fun to watch followed by 5 minutes of racism.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah the nazis started the war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else and nobody was going to bomb them.

Same with the Japanese, part of the whole deousion around attacking other heavily armed and industrialized nations who can and will bomb you back.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

one of the replies adds some context to this

https://twitter.com/KjellKvitvik/status/1775535507860017593

the screenshot is from here https://press.un.org/en/2024/db240402.doc.htm and that appears to be all that was said on the subject.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvRSgJe44Ew&t=1350s

This 'Dennis' guy sounds like he's from RT

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's probably an influence op setup, but equally, the UN is a crock of poo poo jobs programme for connected failkids who can't bear not to fly business class on expenses

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

the chief electrical engineer in Podilsk got a drone flown up his rear end in a top hat in a filthy muddy foxhole after his defensive shovel malfunctioned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Russia should get the gently caress out of Ukraine