Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ladd needs to go to a team that doesn't expect him to ever have press coverage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just happy there will be a lot of receivers at the end of the first that are...worthy

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ah yes this will be the year the Chiefs take a 1st round wide receiver.

lol pick a fat boy to fantasize about

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Alaois posted:

Greedo: Maconkey *gets shot by Han Solo*

This is all I can think of when I hear his name.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol pick a fat boy to fantasize about

#mahomes #dadbod

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

BlindSite posted:

Im coming around very quickly to the Ladd McConkey to carolina train.

More I see of him the more I see a mostly slot guy who just produces. Like Cooper or Pacua, I see a lot of negatives in his report about catch radius and speed that just don't exist in testing.

Ehh, I want either Ricky Pearsall or Malik Washington/Tahj Washington in Carolina

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I'm just happy there will be a lot of receivers at the end of the first that are...worthy

Still chasing the Tyreek turbo speed dragon huh? How did Mecole Hardman work out for ya? Hang on I’m getting a phone call

He did what?

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I really thought Tahj would have moved further up the boards by this point. I get that his film doesn't exactly jump out at you. He's small and not an athletic specimen, but he's also a guy where the production is consistent and elite across his entire career. He makes big plays and first downs. Sometimes you want the guy who has done nothing but put up great numbers at every point. I still have him as a very early day 3, but the consensus has him at the very end of the line for guys who could be potential starters. Cowing over Tahj? gtfo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cowing is much better than Tahj. I think him and Ainias are going to go ahead of Malik Washington and Malachi Corley.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I don't see what people are seeing in Cowing at all

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hes a tough slot WR thats pretty smart and identifies safety to CB reads well.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I don't see what people are seeing in Cowing at all

Agreed. If you want a slot WR, get Malik Washington.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

Ladd needs to go to a team that doesn't expect him to ever have press coverage

That or they can teach.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Teaching is always great I just think there's some things players default to if they're doing it all their life. It's not like Ladd has a problem dodging away from press but teaching him to try to fight through it probably won't work if he can win half the time with footwork.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

Teaching is always great I just think there's some things players default to if they're doing it all their life. It's not like Ladd has a problem dodging away from press but teaching him to try to fight through it probably won't work if he can win half the time with footwork.

No I agree, you don't rise to an occasion so much as you fall to your training, but I think he's shown continued growth and improvement from what I can see in terms of watching whats out there from his earlier seasons, his measurables are in the top percentile and he seems, at least to my amatuer eye to do a lot of the small things with his feet and hand placement correctly, which to me at least, shows diligence.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Still chasing the Tyreek turbo speed dragon huh? How did Mecole Hardman work out for ya? Hang on I’m getting a phone call

He did what?

Hardman and Worthy are not really similar

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Penix has met with the Raiders and Vikings.

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1775930553965142365?s=46

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

Hardman and Worthy are not really similar

They aren't in many ways, but they both have kind of poor hands.

Starting to seem pretty clear that Penix is absolutely going first round, only question being how high.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Is it nuts to like Penix more than Daniels?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Cash Monet posted:

From what I gather, Penix might be the legit consensus #2 QB if he didn't have so many injuries already. I could be completely wrong though, I just post here.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What is a Top 30 meeting? I had never heard that term until like three days ago.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cash Monet posted:

Not at all. They are both polarizing for completely different reasons (apart from age, them both being old is something they have in common). But as far as Penix being a better pro than Daniels, that is absolutely, 100% possible. I think this draft will have a higher than usual number of competent starters at QB come out of it, and I think Penix will be one of them.

Plus, it's the kind of take that makes you look like a genius if you're right and if you're wrong we can just never talk about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

What is a Top 30 meeting? I had never heard that term until like three days ago.

Teams can only bring in 30 prospects to their facilities for interviews / meetings / physicals.

There's also a similar rule for the combine, you can only meet with 45 prospects formally for 18 minutes a pop

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kalli posted:

Teams can only bring in 30 prospects to their facilities for interviews / meetings / physicals.

There's also a similar rule for the combine, you can only meet with 45 prospects formally for 18 minutes a pop

Is that list made public? Or is it up to the team?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

From what I gather, Penix might be the legit consensus #2 QB if he didn't have so many injuries already. I could be completely wrong though, I just post here.

he's also nearing 24, 6 months older than Daniels, and >2 years older than Maye

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Comfortador posted:

Up to the team, I think they mostly get out, but it's team message board levels of obsession to track that stuff imo. Walter football has a list trying to keep all the visits / pro days / etc tracked: https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetingsByTeam2024.php

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Comfortador posted:

No they're not public and teams will pretty much never publicly reveal them.

Generally the information will come from the player's agent, assuming it benefits the player. They just text that little snitch Rapaport

Kalli posted:

Up to the team, I think they mostly get out, but it's team message board levels of obsession to track that stuff imo.

Which is kind of funny since it's probably one of the most relevant pieces of information you can have if you are interested in how the draft is likely to go down in reality.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Up to the team, I think they mostly get out, but it's team message board levels of obsession to track that stuff imo. Walter football has a list trying to keep all the visits / pro days / etc tracked: https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetingsByTeam2024.php

Ooh this is fun conspiracy theory material, thanks.

The Pats… mostly meeting with consensus top guys at positions of greatest need??? If they have a draft strategy that is simply coherent two dimensional chess that can be understood by non-Belichick brains that will be a major shift.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

You get a lot from prospect Twitter accounts too, the whole thing is a farcical shell game though. Sometimes teams bring in players they really like, sometimes it's guys they have no interest in drafting at all but want other teams to think they're interested in, sometimes it's about recruiting UDFA, sometimes it's just total randos for the pageantry.

You still get private workouts and local visits, so it's not an exhaustive list. You can put some stock in it, but it's definitely not just a list of guys a team likes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

You get a lot from prospect Twitter accounts too, the whole thing is a farcical shell game though. Sometimes teams bring in players they really like, sometimes it's guys they have no interest in drafting at all but want other teams to think they're interested in, sometimes it's about recruiting UDFA, sometimes it's just total randos for the pageantry.

You still get private workouts and local visits, so it's not an exhaustive list. You can put some stock in it, but it's definitely not just a list of guys a team likes.

nah I'm pretty sure the Ravens are definitely planning to replace Lamar with Bo Nix

e: god drat it is so Walter Football to still list the team in question as the Washington R*dskins

double e: You also notice that teams which have more media coverage have so many more players listed. Or else they release them publicly maybe? Steelers have 84 players listed, the Rams have 5

Play fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 4, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah for sure, I called it conspiracy theory material for a reason. It’s fun to look at though.

Also at least one of the low tier Pats visits doesn’t exist lol, got the last name wrong

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Top 30 visits usually happen for two reasons

1. It's a dude you might take in the first round. Where you extremely care about like personality and you want to get someone in the building to see how they vibe.

2. They are dudes where you watch the tape, and you see something interesting, maybe you think they were playing out of position, or can play positions/roles other than what they did in college, so you bring them in and put them through their paces with your coaches, and what you specifically would plan to have them do.

Or you have concerns about some parts of their medicals.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Why do the Bengals keep meeting with Erik All? Because they like him? I mean of the poo poo options you have this year on day 3 for TE3, he's probably one of the better ones. Does that mean they're not going to be focused there in day 1 or 2, and expect to address it later? Why would they meet with AJ Barner, who is just bad Drew Sample???

The answer is: it doesn't matter and it's not worth thinking about.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Why do the Bengals keep meeting with Erik All? Because they like him? I mean of the poo poo options you have this year on day 3 for TE3, he's probably one of the better ones. Does that mean they're not going to be focused there in day 1 or 2, and expect to address it later? Why would they meet with AJ Barner, who is just bad Drew Sample???

Iowa TE go Boom

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they are from ohio. important

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Cavauro posted:

they are from ohio. important

you may think cavauro is joking here. he is not. the bengals will absolutely reach for a guy if he’s from ohio

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

They aren't in many ways, but they both have kind of poor hands.

Worthy getting the bad hands rep, while playing with a broken hand. Just sayin

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Packers don't really try to hide who they bring in for the top-30 visits. Like it came out a little bit ago that Amarius Mims is visiting the Packers today.

They're also pretty good, at least recently, about drafting from their pool of top 30 visits:

quote:

2023 draft visits:
  • Karl Brooks (6th)
  • Dontayvion Wicks (5th)
  • Sean Clifford (5th)
  • Lew Nichols (7th)
  • Kadeem Telfort (UDFA)
  • Camren McDonald (UDFA)
  • Ben Sims (UDFA)

2022 draft visits:
  • Tariq Carpenter (7th)
  • Samori Toure (7th)
  • Devonte Wyatt (1st)
  • Christian Watson (2nd)
  • Rasheed Walker (7th)
  • Romeo Doubs (4th)
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023/4/3/23668161/nfl-draft-2023-tracking-the-green-bay-packers-top-30-prospect-visits
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...irtual-meetings

2024 tracker for the Packers: https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...iting-green-bay

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

Worthy getting the bad hands rep, while playing with a broken hand. Just sayin

You're right, but I'm not just talking about when he had the broken hand. He played half the season (iirc) with healthy hands and it looked pretty much the same honestly.

Not saying he's absolutely terrible in that respect but he definitely dropped more passes than you would want to see optimally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jason la canfora is a loving moron, do not listen to anything he says ever.