Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Stereotype posted:

drat how do you guys pay attention to this stuff all the time? how incredibly depressing and disillusioning.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

its very simple.
you let your tears water your hope and courage.
they will grow tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

quote:

I'm probably going to be probated for posting here, but I have to say something. My D&D mods are not pro-Israel. They have a balance of views that run the full gamut. We have one mod who's a reserve duty officer in the IDF, and another on the opposite extreme who believes Israel should be satisfied with the settlements it has and stop creating new ones, as well as stop targeting civilians in actions to stop Hamas.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

one of the greatest posts to ever grace these forums

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Zodium posted:

one of the greatest posts to ever grace these forums

let’s thank him

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A calm Hitler posted:

I'm probably going to be probated for posting here, but I have to say something. My D&D mods are not pro-Nazi Germany. They have a balance of views that run the full gamut. We have one mod who's a reserve duty officer in the Einsatzgruppen, and another on the opposite extreme who believes the Nazi empire should stop with the settlements it won in 1942 and stop creating new ones, as well as stop targeting civilians in actions to stop resistance.

fuctifino has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Apr 3, 2024

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i wonder what paul soccer thinks about that guy

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
dttze

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's just now hitting me that we have war criminals as mods in D&D.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Weka posted:

The AI doesn't really change anything, it's just some implausible deniability of war crimes

The AI is notable as it shows Israel’s genocide as a 21st century version of Nazism. Nazis took modernity along the advancements of industrialization and used it to execute a genocide. Israel is taking postmodernism along with the advancements within post-industrialization to execute a genocide.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

quote:

I'm all for punishing genocide denial in D&D, uniformly. Of course that would include the ongoing genocides being committed by Russia and China, and I suspect some posters wouldn't like that too much.

To avoid that outcome, I suppose, is why there's no automatic punishment in D&D for trying to label Israeli crimes as 'not genocide'.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

It's either a bad joke which is hosed up since they're joking about an ongoing genocide that Koos has already seemingly taken a side on as chief mod, or it's true and d&d needs to be dismantled and every ban Koos has given out should be reassessed.
Probably need to reassess some bans anyways though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nice double genocide genocide denialism

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

RC Cola posted:

It's either a bad joke which is hosed up since they're joking about an ongoing genocide that Koos has already seemingly taken a side on as chief mod, or it's true and d&d needs to be dismantled and every ban Koos has given out should be reassessed.

NO YOU DON'T GET IT KOOS IS PLAYING THE LONG GAME AND IS FTW. ANY DAY NOW DND WILL COLLAPSE UPON ITSELF BC OF HIS BRILLIANCE.

ANY. DAY. NOW.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

*checks watch*

going on year 3? of this poo poo now lol

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

I said come in! posted:

they cover the full range of war crimes though

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

I said come in! posted:

You need to have both war criminals and non-war criminals to have a balanced discussion. There are very fine people on both sides

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I said come in! posted:

Wait what?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

question for the d'n'd refugee posters: now that you've had a chance to try it, do you like posting in a genocide denial free space?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

for once I'm looking forward to reading all the posts about koos tomorrow.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Always have.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unless Koos is joking, he just admitted that there are mods that are in the IDF.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I said come in! posted:

Unless Koos is joking, he just admitted that there are mods that are in the IDF.

i think hes joking, except this part is true

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Death penalty for this poster

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

genuine LOL

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Al! posted:

i think hes joking, except this part is true

he's completely serious actually

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Adenoid Dan posted:

Yes, the thing that it is automating is not targeting, it's automating excuses for killing families.

Unless I misunderstood the article, targeting is part of it. It talks about how they're feeding this system very loose criteria for marking someone as a Hamas, like "this person uses a phone that belonged to a Hamas member at some point" even though the phone could have pass through several hands since then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dont know what to think, i'm very gullible and need things spelled out for me. All I can truly understand is that Palestine deserves to be free and live in a world without Israel. That is all that is really important here.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
DTI

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

I dont know what to think, i'm very gullible and need things spelled out for me. All I can truly understand is that Palestine deserves to be free and live in a world without Israel. That is all that is really important here.

The joke is he's joking except there's nothing actually funny about the joke.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

RC Cola posted:

koos is trying to roll with the punches by saying heh you're right we are hitlers! pretty funny huh

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

ded redd posted:

The joke is he's joking except there's nothing actually funny about the joke.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Free Paul, Free Palestine and then DTI imo

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Wassbix posted:

+ dta

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

fuctifino posted:

WIth the roof out of action, they have to move the entire facility to a new location.

Absolute heroes, and I hope they inspire others to do the same.

I'm not a weapons manufacturer, but I think it's probably easier to replace some tiles. Should have cut the beams

readingatwork posted:

Unironically, running cover for this poo poo as a member of the media should make you subject to international law.

Per the Nuremberg trials, it does

Al-Saqr posted:

Iran deserves to made fun of for their limp dick responses up until now.

Bitch they are fighting and dying. I'm sorry they haven't invented the destroy Israel ray while fighting off half the region and the global hegemon, but they are in it to win it, not destroy themselves in a noble but unsuccessful attempt

The Voice of Labor posted:

question for the d'n'd refugee posters: now that you've had a chance to try it, do you like posting in a genocide denial free space?

October the 7th was not genocidal, Hamas is not genocidal.
CSPAM loves genocide denial actually.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Having seen constant racist jokes about Palestinians over the last six months, none of this is that funny tbh.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I think it's fine if he bans people for saying there is no genocide in Xinjiang as long as he also bans people for saying there is no genocide in new York State, which arrests black people at twice the rate that china arrested Uyghurs in the most intense year of the "genocide"

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Actually Koos making that post shows that being called a Nazi for being a genocide denial facilitator is getting to them on some level so that's neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Wassbix posted:

I think it will take I to D before Palestine can be free but otherwise no notes