Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I'm surprised to see them try and go back to the matrix well so soon, but here we are. My money is on them pulling the terminator/halloween move and acting like the 4th movie never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
lol imagine being able to afford a home and bees still exist

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Last Matrix was Lana telling Warner Bros execs Tongo gently caress themselves while delivering a movie that was financially unsuccessful.

New Matrix ordered by those same execs is gonna be the dumbest right wing YouTube culture war poo poo imaginable. The robot takeover of earth will have started with 5g nanobots. The main plot will involve agents "transing" kids in the basement of a small family owned pizzeria. Smith will do his 'humanity is a virus' speech and end it with "just like COVID which was engineered to cull the human population inside the matrix. If only you hadn't discovered the ivermectin subroutine it would have worked!". The Neo character will be both played by and diegetically a Warner Bros exec nepobaby. The film will end with Kid Rock covering "Wake Up" but with the chorus lyrics changed to "don't be woke".

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I bet they are waiting for Bruce Willis death to announce the Die Hard reboot.

Dude still alive?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

stephenthinkpad posted:

Dude still alive?

Technically

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

stephenthinkpad posted:

Dude still alive?

depends who you ask

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just saw a thing on Facebook the other day saying Bruce Willis can no longer talk or read :smith:

It really sucks seeing him go downhill like that.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

I just saw a thing on Facebook the other day saying Bruce Willis can no longer talk or read :smith:

It really sucks seeing him go downhill like that.

Nice, he'll fit right in with Rich and Mike

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I heard the other day that bruce willis thinks luthen is a jedi :(

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

he'll take you on any time, punk

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I read on Facebook that Bruce Willis is the son of Emperor Palpatine.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Vim Fuego posted:

It was one good movie 25 years ago, they should let it go
Don’t you want to know who built the matrix and why? Or the origin of the Oracle? Neo’s adventures as a school kid? The possibilities are endless!

I’ve got it: Baby Agent. Boom. Series right there.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
saw a TNG episode on citizen app yesterday

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Don’t you want to know who built the matrix and why? Or the origin of the Oracle? Neo’s adventures as a school kid? The possibilities are endless!

I’d like you to meet my friend. His name is Mr. Smith.

Please, call me Adolph…

Mega64
May 23, 2008

He's traveling with an older man, nothing weird about that.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You will learn Trinity's real name and how her codename came about how she got her sunglasses and leather trenchcoat - it's not what you think!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Mega64 posted:

He's traveling with an older man, nothing weird about that.

Lol

I’m doing a TNG rewatch after a few years and I have to say that not only is Wesley a terrible character as written, but Will Wheaton is also a terrible actor. Like even after the writers tried to turn him into a real person in season 3, he still has zero on screen charisma and delivers all of his lines in this weird wide-eyed cadence where he does the exaggerated face acting like that dude from Cybernator.

Picard was right to let that inter-dimensional pervert take him away.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I remember Wil Wheaton starting a board game vidcast where he'd constantly get all the rules of the board games wrong, then he blamed it on whatever and said he'd hire a rules expert, then he still got the rules wrong.

If only someone would tell him when to shut up.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

stephenthinkpad posted:

You will learn Trinity's real name and how her codename came about how she got her sunglasses and leather trenchcoat - it's not what you think!

she went to hot topic and thought they looked cool?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Murdstone posted:

Matrix Babies ala Muppet Babies

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

So does the matrix encompass the entire planet or is it like only 1999 LA exists?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

So does the matrix encompass the entire planet or is it like only 1999 LA exists?

There was gonna be DLC that unlocked San Francisco and Las Vegas but Neo had to go and ruin everything

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It depends on if you count the first three movies only or m4. I think in the first 3 movies the matrix was strongly implied to be just the megacity and environs. M4 very openly just takes place in san francisco, almost as if it's a deeply lazy film

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

She originally went by Dylan Klebold

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
picardishly: the boy

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

It depends on if you count the first three movies only or m4. I think in the first 3 movies the matrix was strongly implied to be just the megacity and environs. M4 very openly just takes place in san francisco, almost as if it's a deeply lazy film

Are you counting the mountaintop temple thing as environs?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

Are you counting the mountaintop temple thing as environs?

Yes, it's some weird liminal videogame space where there is a european castle level etc on the outskirts of the american megacity. I'm certainly not saying it's great stuff particularly.

Only compare with m4's establishing shots eg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

stephenthinkpad posted:

So live action remake of Wall-E.

If Disney remakes Wall-E I'm hunting them down. That movie is perfect.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
What? Why wouldn't machines take over the whole earth and batteryize all 7 billion people, I thought that was a given.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

What? Why wouldn't machines take over the whole earth and batteryize all 7 billion people, I thought that was a given.

Yes the whole real world is nearly conquered sans Zion but we’re talking about the Matrix. The Matrix isn’t a 1:1 recreation of the real world

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

Lol

I’m doing a TNG rewatch after a few years and I have to say that not only is Wesley a terrible character as written, but Will Wheaton is also a terrible actor. Like even after the writers tried to turn him into a real person in season 3, he still has zero on screen charisma and delivers all of his lines in this weird wide-eyed cadence where he does the exaggerated face acting like that dude from Cybernator.

Picard was right to let that inter-dimensional pervert take him away.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

colonelwest posted:

Speaking of critically acclaimed auteur driven arthouse films…

I for one am shocked that the logline of a jay film starts with "dead animals"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wesley has maybe two, possibly three episodes which are good but they're primarily good in spite of Wheaton's acting. The First Duty is a good episode.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
The First Duty was so good. Everyone in it (even Wesley) acting like real people with real emotional maturity and complexity. I miss that stuff.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

Probably because they also have a "form of fusion" that they like to gloss over in the first movie.
Should've needed the humans for something other than batteries.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Endless Trash posted:

Yes the whole real world is nearly conquered sans Zion but we’re talking about the Matrix. The Matrix isn’t a 1:1 recreation of the real world

i like this version of the matrix where everything outside of california is apparently fine

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kdrudy posted:

Probably because they also have a "form of fusion" that they like to gloss over in the first movie.
Should've needed the humans for something other than batteries.

I believe they originally had it the the AI's were using their brain as additional computational power, but the studios thought that would be too confusing for the audience and made them change it.

Also later on it's it sorta implied that the AI's just kept humans in the matrix as they were to dangerous to them just running around, but they didn't really just want to kill them on, so it just seemed like a simple solution. Even just when you're told about the first matrix which was too perfect and humans rejected, like the AI's could of much more easily just programed everyone to think they were in prison cells or something.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mega64 posted:

I remember Wil Wheaton starting a board game vidcast where he'd constantly get all the rules of the board games wrong, then he blamed it on whatever and said he'd hire a rules expert, then he still got the rules wrong.

If only someone would tell him when to shut up.

I thought he only played frisbee based cum games?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kingo Ligma posted:

I thought he only played frisbee based cum games?

Hey was like one of the only ones not to want to play it!

The nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

dr_rat posted:

Also later on it's it sorta implied that the AI's just kept humans in the matrix as they were to dangerous to them just running around, but they didn't really just want to kill them on, so it just seemed like a simple solution.

my head canon is that humans just made up the battery thing as propaganda for their cause, sounds better than "we were too dangerous but they didn't want to kill us off entirely"