Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

tarbrush posted:

Same applies to the Dolphins really. 2 playoff buttfuckings isn't a lot to show for all those picks and trades.

The Dolphins will win exactly between 10 and 8 games like they always do depending on luck and injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Josh will be tasked with throwing the ball to himself and he’s going to find a way to succeed doing so

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Holy forking shirt balls

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

Player personnel-wise—if you bake in Rodgers at being at least 75% of his peak—absolutely. But Nathaniel Hackett.

Yeah, that too. I also think all bets are off with Rodgers in 2024. Last year, I felt pretty good about him being something like 75-80% of his peak/I think that was a reasonable enough expectation. I wouldn't be shocked if he was just...totally washed this year. I also wouldn't be shocked if he was good. But I don't think you can really bank on a performance floor with him after his injury.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 3, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It was RIGHT THERE for that loving idiot Saleh to move Hackett off of OC into another role (Assistant coach in charge of carrying A A Ron's helmet,) in fact the same role he was in with the Packers and bring in a semicompetent OC after the last 2 years and he just blew it for whatever reason. He deserves to be fired just for that decision alone. Going into the season with the worst OC in the sport BY MILES is like tying 3 of your 4 limbs behind your back before the game starts.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm skeptical that that was even Saleh's shot to call. At this point he seems like he's just following orders. Look at how he handled questions about the backup QB last season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's his call. He's the reason Keith Carter was hired and is still here too.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Bills are still gonna win the Divison :(

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

The Dolphins will win exactly between 10 and 8 games like they always do depending on luck and injuries.

They won exactly 11 games just this past season!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That game against the Chiefs was played in negative degree weather and so bad it was worth a negative win.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tim Graham posted some good cope on The Athletic and I'm eating it up.

quote:

Then, over the remaining seven regular-season games, Stefon Diggs caught only 34 passes for 315 yards and one touchdown, while Allen accounted for 1,896 yards of total offense, ran for 10 touchdowns and threw for eight more. Two sophomores, tailback James Cook and receiver Khalil Shakir, and rookie tight end Dalton Kincaid emerged as trustworthy weapons.

The Bills went 6-1, their lone loss at the Philadelphia Eagles in overtime.

Nobody at One Bills Drive could – or simply felt compelled to – elucidate Diggs’ unmistakable evaporation.

The Bills insisted Diggs was not hurt, and he never appeared on the injury report. Diggs bemoaned being double-teamed, but Kansas City Chiefs safety Justin Reid tweeted, “Crazy part is … we didn’t double him” after Diggs played 37 percent of the snaps in a crucial Week 14 victory at Arrowhead Stadium. McDermott and Brady noted how packages dictated Diggs’ usage, but they declined to explain why Shakir and deep reserve Trent Sherfield saw more snaps than a four-time Pro Bowler some games. Bills cornerback Josh Norman told the Associated Press that Diggs had been taking himself off the field.

And his final memorable play as a Bill will be dropping one of the most beautiful passes ever thrown.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Beane doing the dance at his press conference to avoid talking about the state of the relationship with Diggs or how much Diggs wanted out. On the other hand, Aaron Kromer's daughter isn't pulling punches...

https://twitter.com/BrookeKromer/status/1775552301832294695

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4 way 7-10 tie

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...
I don't know if this works out, but I love a gm willing to admit mistakes and do a soft reset, instead of pretending this team is still just 13 seconds away.

My hope us avoid trading up (or worse going all in on Higgins) and grab Troy Franklin from Oregon in the draft.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They won exactly 11 games just this past season!

We all know they really won 10. They win 10 even when they win 11. That is what the dolphins are.

fsif posted:

Tim Graham posted some good cope on The Athletic and I'm eating it up.

And his final memorable play as a Bill will be dropping one of the most beautiful passes ever thrown.

I think this is mostly right. there is a reason the bills wanted to dump him.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010

BillsPhoenix posted:

My hope us avoid trading up (or worse going all in on Higgins) and grab Troy Franklin from Oregon in the draft.

If they trade up at all, I’d only see us leapfrogging like, the Colts to snag Brian Thomas Jr or some poo poo (yeah that’s a lot of spots but they’re not gonna do it). But they’ve quite obviously overplayed their draft hand with this move and it’s gonna cost Beane a fortune to move up anything more than 3 or 4 spots.

Unless of course we zig instead of zag and pick up an edge!

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 3, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

The Bills are still gonna win the Divison :(

yeah i see everyone posting this like it's a gravestone: https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775541328757108767?s=20

and clearly no one has actually looked at the contracts those guys wound up signing (future OPOY gabe davis aside)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

We all know they really won 10. They win 10 even when they win 11. That is what the dolphins are.

I don't know what it means but it's provocative

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Professor Funk posted:

I don't know what it means but it's provocative

Im not gonna say he’s always right but he is definitely right about this.

Even when the Dolphins win 11 games they finish as the 6seed so might as well be 10.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I think this is mostly right. there is a reason the bills wanted to dump him.

I do, too, but recognize the optics of being a Bills fan and trying to say with a straight face that trading away our star WR1 is Fine, Probably.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

stuker posted:

yeah i see everyone posting this like it's a gravestone: https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775541328757108767?s=20

and clearly no one has actually looked at the contracts those guys wound up signing (future OPOY gabe davis aside)

I mean you don’t win games by dumping bad contracts

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

stuker posted:

Morse is the only one of these I really wish we could have held on to. The rest were either guys I really liked but were washed or JAGs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What I'm immensely grateful for is that Diggs's massive dead cap hit prevented the team from going full steam ahead on Gabe Davis WR1.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you don’t win games by dumping bad contracts

just saying, if the bills really wanted to keep jordan poyer from an in-division rival it wouldn't have been that hard to beat 1yr/$2m

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also I can't find it but I remember some dumbass quote from McDermott or Beane that implied Ken Dorsey's failure as an OC largely stemmed from his inability to be a CEO type and manage personnel. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Because now I'm seeing that quote in a new light.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Once again Justin Jefferson will follow Stefon Diggs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

t a s t e posted:

Once again Justin Jefferson will follow Stefon Diggs

Why are these guys leaving the safety of Winterfell to go live with the Wildlings???

Nov 6, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

4 way 7-10 tie

there is no way the pats win 7 games lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Who knows how true this is, but per Joe Buscaglica and Dianna Russini…

quote:

The Bills had been going through the offseason with the belief that Diggs would be on the roster and would be in their plans for 2024, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

But the deal came together rather quickly. According to a source briefed on the matter, the Texans presented the Bills with an offer for Diggs on Tuesday, which set forward a 24-hour period of internal discussions by the Bills about dealing their star receiver. Those discussions even looped in ownership. The Bills agreed to the deal shortly before 11 a.m. ET on Wednesday, when Beane called Diggs to inform him of the trade.

If we're taking this at face value, I guess the Bills were just pretty stoked on the offer they received? Not to say Diggs isn't still a Bill if he wasn't acting a bit like a malcontent, just that they weren't actively shopping him. Guess they did get a pretty good return compared to, like, what Keenan Allen or L'Jarius Sneed fetched.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do for a 2025 pick in the 50s

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do for a 2025 pick in the 50s

it's the vikings' pick isn't it? i actually like the upside

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Diggs was pretty awesome when he had a bromance with Josh. He's kind of come off as this weird and intense guy, though I don't know. It was fun while it lasted.

Now, he will have a chance to stay on the field after the game in KC in a different uni.

As for the Bills that cap hit is brutal.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

It is kind of crazy that Diggs got traded and everyone's reaction is kind of like "well, okay I guess." If you told this thread a year go that would be our reaction we probably all would have laughed.

As far as the trade itself, I feel like Nico Collins is going to be the unquestioned #1 in Houston. Diggs will be a nice complement to him. For the Bills, the return is fine I guess. They better pick the right WRs a few weeks from now.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 4, 2024

Nov 6, 2002

Don't sleep on Dell.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

It is kind of crazy that Diggs got traded and everyone's reaction is kind of like "well, okay I guess." If you told this thread a year go that would be our reaction we probably all would have laughed.

As far as the trade itself, I feel like Nico Collins is going to be the unquestioned #1 in Houston. Diggs will be a nice complement to him.

Not after the season where he was really bad for the last 10 games or whatever and was making a fool of himself on twitter.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Don't sleep on Dell.

Dell is really good too. He's 5'8 and plays like he's 6'1 lol

Man the Texans are stacked

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 4, 2024

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
This thread probably has a more accurate assessment of Diggs than the NFL world at large.

Honestly with that drop in the KC game I find myself able to get over this pretty easily.

I honestly believe Allen is plenty good enough to succeed without Diggs but in the short term the team is significantly weakened unless they get blessed by the wr gods this draft.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tank is awesome but I am worried he (and Achane for that matter) is going to perpetually play like 8 games a year because he’s the size of a high schooler. My man is listed at 5’10 165. Thats like my computer science major college roommate who lived off cold spaghetti-o’s. Wheels up as long as they are healthy though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

If you told this thread a year ago how the Bills' season would go pre-bye and how they still wouldn't get past Divisional even with a comeback from that, we definitely all would have laughed and probably all would have said the window's shut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The interesting corollary to this is thinking about whose window is opening. Cause the Dolphins, Chargers, Bills, Cowboys and maybe kind of Bengals (just off the top of my head) are "closing" but I can only really think of the Texans as new contenders.