Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
soma deez nuts

e: the perfect snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its one of the pettiest reasons ever to quit a game, but Super Hot not actually freezing time when you stopped moving was a bummer.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I've tried Superhot on my VR thing but got stuck at level 3 or so because the last enemy would keep clipping into me and I couldn't shoot it. :shrug:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I've tried Superhot on my VR thing but got stuck at level 3 or so because the last enemy would keep clipping into me and I couldn't shoot it. :shrug:

Did you try punching them ?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I always knew I was genetically superior to the 30 fps plebs

https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/so...tiplayer-games/

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I know it’s basically standard now but reading that article on mobile is almost comical. There’s one paragraph sandwiched between two ads plus a video ad playing in the corner.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The objective complete noises in RoboCop are insanely similar to the rare achievement chime and it really messes with me

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I know it’s basically standard now but reading that article on mobile is almost comical. There’s one paragraph sandwiched between two ads plus a video ad playing in the corner.

Install an ad blocker, wtf

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

aw yea fair. my phone was just rawdogging the internet

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Or just use reader mode

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

unsurprisingly, Diablo 4 is more fun in coop with friends (as are all games)

And yet, I feel like this doesn't have legs, I'm not sure it will keep me around after the campaign is done, maybe do some half assed season content (no I'm not buying any cosmetics, gently caress off Blizzard)

My game buddies are all between levels 20-35, about maybe 30-40% of the world map revealed... and I didn't say anything, but by now we've all noticed that the enemies scale power levels with us, so you never really feel powerful. Like, monsters are at best 1-2 levels below you (if you level up in a zone and don't move to other places)

Going back to early zones, you're about as strong as you were at level 1 in the tutorial.

This seems... wrong? But hey Blizzard worked on this for 10 years, they probably know better than me

In short, yeah it's fine for free, but so glad I didn't pay to buy this on release, the times of Diablo 2 / Warcraft / Starcraft Blizzard Supremacy are long gone

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Diablows

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Between the wet farts of diablo, recent call of duties and overwatch you gotta question the wisdom of that purchase.

It’ll be worth it if they revive tony hawk and guitar hero though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Call of Duty and Overwatch still make a thousand bazillion dollars even when everybody hates them so it doesn't even matter.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Candy crush makes a cool 2 bil a year so maybe in 35 years the deal will pay for itself!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Put the games on game pass already! goddamn

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

priznat posted:

Between the wet farts of diablo, recent call of duties and overwatch you gotta question the wisdom of that purchase.

Diablo 4 did really well financially I thought. I get that there are the post game and whale hunt elements, but I bought it to play the campaign and was a bit disappointed but they got my money.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Call of Duty and Overwatch still make a thousand bazillion dollars even when everybody hates them so it doesn't even matter.

Surprisingly, CoD mobile is quite fun (best played with a controller too) and even if its riddles with microtransactions, they're not needed at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

priznat posted:

Call of Duty, and the various mobile games are the most profitable video games ever each year. Its just Blizzard that is the weakest link in the purchase.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

This

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I want to try the Crash Bandicoot stuff.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

They should make new King's Quest and Space Quest, now that they own the old Sierra licenses.

I can take or leave the rest of the Activision catalogue.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

My game buddies are all between levels 20-35, about maybe 30-40% of the world map revealed... and I didn't say anything, but by now we've all noticed that the enemies scale power levels with us, so you never really feel powerful. Like, monsters are at best 1-2 levels below you (if you level up in a zone and don't move to other places)

Going back to early zones, you're about as strong as you were at level 1 in the tutorial.

This seems... wrong? But hey Blizzard worked on this for 10 years, they probably know better than me

iirc the world stops scaling at level 50, and you’re stuck on world tiers 1 and 2 unless you finished the campaign (or skipped it). So finishing up the campaign at level 50+ means you get the vastly overlevelled feeling

Also it’s an extreme lol that the biggest bundle of ingame currency is literally 200 dollarydos, double the price of the actual game, and is also labelled with BEST VALUE

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Can’t argue with Best Value

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

This is a well-known problem with Diablo 4, you never really feel powerful. In fact, I'm not sure if this has been addressed meaningfully but there was a major problem in the launch era of the game because when you leveled, the monsters would level up immediately but you gear wouldn't, and all gear only at best drops at your actual character level. There were a few level thresholds in the game where, when you crossed them, you'd just immediately go from being able to sort-of manage to getting absolutely wrecked, because the way the game scaled damage with levels just hosed things up. And it just psychologically feels lovely to return to what were technically starter zones of the game and actually have more trouble killing things than when you started at single-digit levels.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

kri kri posted:

I always knew I was genetically superior to the 30 fps plebs

https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/so...tiplayer-games/

Apparently Hellblade 2 will be 30fps across the board with no performance mode options (unsurprising given its visuals), so the can't-see-more-than-30fps plebes will still get a good experience out of that.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

univbee posted:

Apparently Hellblade 2 will be 30fps across the board with no performance mode options (unsurprising given its visuals), so the can't-see-more-than-30fps plebes will still get a good experience out of that.

I don't get the obsession with 60fps.

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1775865015897030765?s=20

Finally a true next-gen game, it only took 4 years .

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

John F Bennett posted:

I don't get the obsession with 60fps.
30 fps is essentially unplayable on a 120Hz+ display for me. I see it as a fast moving slideshow and I get a headache real quick because my eyes keep focusing and unfocusing. It wasn't that way on older displays with slower response times. I used to gladly lock the fps to 30 fps if I wasn't getting a solid 60, now I need a minimum of like 40 fps before I can really see it as fluid motion.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

priznat posted:

Microsoft are sitting on a couple of really obvious "HOW ARE YOU NOT DOING ANYTHING TO GENERATE THIS MONEY?!?!" things.

Tony Hawk 3+4 DLC and a Gears Collection on PC (and, errr, PS5?) are the two biggest ones IMO. Like.. come on, what's going on over there, Phil?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Klobrille is in good spirits. We’re so loving back

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
30fps is fine. hell, 20fps is fine

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Bumhead posted:

Microsoft are sitting on a couple of really obvious "HOW ARE YOU NOT DOING ANYTHING TO GENERATE THIS MONEY?!?!" things.

Tony Hawk 3+4 DLC and a Gears Collection on PC (and, errr, PS5?) are the two biggest ones IMO. Like.. come on, what's going on over there, Phil?

1 vs 100

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hatty posted:

30fps is fine. hell, 20fps is fine

Xbox 360 user spotted.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I never played 1 v 100 but isn't the concept of that game kinda ruined now by everyone having a smartphone next to them instead of Motorola razr fliphone?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Seltzer posted:

I never played 1 v 100 but isn't the concept of that game kinda ruined now by everyone having a smartphone next to them instead of Motorola razr fliphone?

I am psychologically incapable of playing my Xbox unless my laptop is right next to me.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Another 30 fps exclusive on the world’s most powerful console

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I find 30fps unplayable usually. Starfield might as well not exist on Xbox to me, I couldn't play it on Xbox.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I even deliberately put games on 30fps at times. Like Cyberpunk, it plays much nicer at 30.

The only game I play on high framerate is Halo at 120fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Starfield's 30fps felt fine. RDR2's 30 felt fine as well. It just depends on the game.

Avatar in 4K at 30fps is doable it's just not as fun to be a sleek, agile 9ft tall cat person bounding and sliding about a jungle in 30. So I set it to performance.