Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Radia posted:

calling it a whole situation is a bit much. dude just produces bad content. it's fine. it's like if i were a youtuber making videos on dragon ball. 38 hours of pure unedited "gohan kicks so much rear end here. wow. let's put his theme on one more time"

No, I mean "situation" as in the whole Beverly Hillbillies video(s). Quinton has fallen down a content hole where he's now releasing an endless slog of low quality, longform content, but this comically long Beverly Hillbillies series feels like it's him deliberately loving with people like us who have been making fun of him for releasing 90 hour videos recapping the plot of Nick sitcoms.

Fil5000 posted:

Look, I'm not a pro shitposter, but isn't the point of shitposting to min/max your effort to annoyance generated ratio?

I never said he was shitposting effectively...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
To be honest, it actually would be pretty funny if the video was just the “I really fuckin hate Donald Trump” clip on a 38 hour loop.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px8aiW3GEME

Makerarenai Unmei no wakareme
Yaru shika nai Yoake ni inochi o kakete

KONO TE DE!!

WOAH WOAHHHHHH

that's right.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best part of the gohan ssj2 scene is everyones reactions like *everyone* knows that cell just hosed up. cell, the z fighters, the cell jrs.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
putting the microphone in front of grandpa simpson knowing this will be good content

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
5 solid minutes of grunting in awe

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycophobia posted:

5 solid minutes of grunting in awe
it owns

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
so i tied an onion to irene ryan, which was the style at the time.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

KingKalamari posted:

No, I mean "situation" as in the whole Beverly Hillbillies video(s). Quinton has fallen down a content hole where he's now releasing an endless slog of low quality, longform content, but this comically long Beverly Hillbillies series feels like it's him deliberately loving with people like us who have been making fun of him for releasing 90 hour videos recapping the plot of Nick sitcoms.

I never said he was shitposting effectively...

people will be sleeping to this video for eons to come...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

cumpantry posted:

people will be sleeping to this video for eons to come...

imagine the brain damage it can do to those sleeping to it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
gohan screaming and the oozaru roar overlapping it is :discourse:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dbz anime isnt a perfect adaptation even stuff like filler and inconsistent animation quality aside but the sound direction and the music in that scene is like, an insane elevation of already strong material.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Endorph posted:

the best part of the gohan ssj2 scene is everyones reactions like *everyone* knows that cell just hosed up. cell, the z fighters, the cell jrs.

Cell has Vegeta's DNA and let his enemy power up out of hubris.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he has vegeta's dna so he did that but he has piccolo's dna so he realizes he just made a big mistake

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he also has frieza's DNA which means he doubles down

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
whats gonna happen when youtube runs out of hard drive space

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

They'll delete quinton's channel.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Deleting low view videos automatically and/or charging rent for keeping your videos hosted.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

sirtommygunn posted:

or charging rent for keeping your videos hosted.
vimeo does this lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

cumpantry posted:

vimeo does this lol

Just remembered the time they tried to extort Jenny Nicholson for like the one Patreon video she had uploaded to it saying it was using too much bandwidth and it just had a couple thousand views

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
They tried to kill the Fatal Farm Robocop video that way, too. They’re enemies of all that is right and just.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

cumpantry posted:

vimeo does this lol

Isn't this because they pivoted to corporate and portfolio videos, where people apparently do pay for it?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hel posted:

Isn't this because they pivoted to corporate and portfolio videos, where people apparently do pay for it?

This was post-pivot. They already started charging for hosting content. It just turned out that if you hosted something that was actually even slightly popular they would then decide to throw in additional (previously unmentioned) charges.

EDIT: (Oh, thought you were referencing the Jenny Nicholson thing.)

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

Endorph posted:

the dbz anime isnt a perfect adaptation even stuff like filler and inconsistent animation quality aside but the sound direction and the music in that scene is like, an insane elevation of already strong material.

It's simple, but the black background behind Gohan being pierced with a red line that expands until it fills everything around him with magma is a goddamn cool visual.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

DoctorWhat posted:

Cell has Vegeta's DNA and let his enemy power up out of hubris.

Is that the Namekian? Is that me!? IS THAT ME STRONGER THAN ME!?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I61mmlAOu-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7hsKQcuu9Q

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

First they come for your Google Drive account and then eventually they reposes your body and fuse it into The Mass.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

mycophobia posted:

the newb ig joel video about conservative comedy is pretty good. i like it

It also adds to the Nostalgia critic discussion quite well.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

You really don't have to repost the videos of the PAPR man who melted down in a Costco all around.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Endorph posted:

No argument here. I rewatch that scene at least once every few months because it just feels so much like the climax of the entire series

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've always thought it was interesting that basically CBS's entire primetime slate throughout the 1960s was sitcoms about the fundamental good nature and good sense of white southerners. I like most of those shows (Andy Griffith and Beverly Hillbillies especially) and I don't necessarily see anything insidious behind them, but at the same time it seems having those shows on wall-to-wall right as the 60s civil rights movement comes into full- that's something, right? Does Quinton Sr. touch on that?

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 4, 2024

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

General Dog posted:

I've always thought it was interesting that basically CBS's entire primetime slate throughout the 1960s was about the fundamental good nature and good sense of white southerners. I like all of those shows and I don't necessarily see anything insidious behind it, but at the same time it seems like it's something. Does Quinton Sr. touch on that?

I ain’t checkin’

That sounds like something that could be covered in a normal length video.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Also, was the town called Hooterville because the women there had big tits, or did big tits start being called hooters because of those shows?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheMightyBoops posted:

I ain’t checkin’

That sounds like something that could be covered in a normal length video.

The fascist white ethnostate of sitcoms sounds like a great video to watch. Here's a different video about Seinfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ77Qn53xhw

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

General Dog posted:

Also, was the town called Hooterville because the women there had big tits, or did big tits start being called hooters because of those shows?

Idk if this correct because Google is all hosed up now:

quote:

American slang for female breasts from the early 20th century deriving from the similarity to round rubber motor horns.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I wish we'd just kept calling car horns "hooters" if that's the case; that's a fun name for it and we have enough terms for breasts already.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

TheMightyBoops posted:

Idk if this correct because Google is all hosed up now:

Probably the same origin as “honkers”, seems legit.

I mean we’re talkin badonkers. Some real bogahanagahoogs. Some serious hondonkeros. Some gigundous, megalomondous

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

I've always thought it was interesting that basically CBS's entire primetime slate throughout the 1960s was sitcoms about the fundamental good nature and good sense of white southerners. I like most of those shows (Andy Griffith and Beverly Hillbillies especially) and I don't necessarily see anything insidious behind them, but at the same time it seems having those shows on wall-to-wall right as the 60s civil rights movement comes into full- that's something, right? Does Quinton Sr. touch on that?

It's wild, primetime TV went from the 60s/70s of hard working, fundamentally good lower class working families to the 80s shows of the rich and elite feuding over petty poo poo and trying to crush and destroy all their enemies.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

General Dog posted:

CBS as a network has always trended towards catering to an older audience afaik. In the 60s up through the Rural Purge that meant lots of folksy country-themed shows. Nowadays it's a lot of dry cop dramas and really broad sitcoms it can milk for years and years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

As someone who has seen at least half the episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies and owned the 90s movie remake starring Jim Varney (RIP) on VHS, that is too much time to think about let alone make others think about The Hillbillies of Beverly Hills.

Instead, go listen to Weird Al's parody of Money for Nothing about the Beverly Hillbillies