Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fifteen of Many posted:

edit: actually this has me trying to think of what the most overhyped I've been is.

For me it was when they announced Sonic was murdered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Folks, I’m not really enjoying diablo 4. The dungeons are like 50% too long, the loot is too simple, and i can’t seem to change my char’s hairstyle. Last time I listen to a youtuber’s opinion over a goon’s

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Folks, I’m not really enjoying diablo 4. The dungeons are like 50% too long, the loot is too simple, and i can’t seem to change my char’s hairstyle. Last time I listen to a youtuber’s opinion over a goon’s

Thanks for testing the waters so I don't get tempted too

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Jay Rust posted:

none of the youtubers i saw said it was good lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Diablo 4 out of 10

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo Bore.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I've been enjoying it well enough so far but it's been a very stressful week at work so the empty dopamine loop of "click button, kill demons" has been about all I've been up for, gaming-wise.
I doubt I'll keep going with it past the campaign but it's fun enough and a more interesting story than Diablo 3 so far which is admittedly not a high bar to clear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Its a good thing you didnt listen to goons at launch though, who were tripping over themselves to convince each other that it was the best video game ever released. I've never seen a faster buyers remorse on this forum than with Diablo IV, even compared to Diablo III at launch.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Diablo 3 is a good game now, after firing the “RMT market board? What a good idea!” bloke, a ton of patches, and an entire expansion. (The story? …eh)

I’m still not sure why people thought that a game based on the central concept of “let’s throw away everything we learnt in D3 and start from scratch. Again” was going to be good. And then :blizz: launched Diablo 2 Remastered anyway, undercutting their own hype.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Jay Rust posted:

the diablo 4 thread here was easily the best thing about that game. everyone was so mad at each other. they were mad at each other even before the game came out because KFC had a promotional double down heart attack spicy grill diablo chicken burguesa and people found a way to fight about that. it was great.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Diablow poor

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Peeablo Snore

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Khanstant posted:

Diablo 4 out of 10

:eyepop:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah I bought Diablo 4 at launch because I had some extra cash and was hoping it was good. It was not. The very first time I killed something and it didn't ragdoll fly away I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it. The thing I liked the most about 3 was when you hit something you could feel the impact from how the enemy reacted and the environment.

And honestly that setting the further they go, the story just gets dumber and dumber.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I'm in a discord with some folks I raided with in WoW and the hype for D4 was off the charts pre-launch. Made a dedicated channel for it, sharing resources, etc.

The last post in the channel was about one week after launch.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just you wait. When Blizzard releases Overwatch 2 they're going to be back in the game baby!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
edit: i have received terrible news

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fifteen of Many posted:

I'm in a discord with some folks I raided with in WoW and the hype for D4 was off the charts pre-launch. Made a dedicated channel for it, sharing resources, etc.

The last post in the channel was about one week after launch.

What's funnier is that they took a lot of the positive lessons they learnt with D3 and implemented them in the Legion expansion for WoW; which is why there are things like Mythic+ runs today.

So when the time came for D4 to be released, me and my mates basically thought they'd take lessons learnt from WoW (Specifically what not to do, as the BfA+SL expansions were bleeding subscribers) annnnnnnnnnd.... yeah, over corrected.

The D4 story is fine, but even my mate who's a hardcore Diablo fan basically piked after a month.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Fifteen of Many posted:

I'll be speaking to Jeffrey of YOSPOS about this.

edit: actually this has me trying to think of what the most overhyped I've been is.

Saints Row 3 for sure lmao.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Fun fact: "Diablo" is the Spanish word for "Devil"!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

hosed up if true, you'd think Blizzard would have caught something like that before they made the first game :hmmno:

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I know a guy who got angry that Diablo 4 was “dark” and “grim” and I’m like, did the name not give it away?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

diablo 3 was colourful and wacky, so, i get it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Goddamn, pocket pair just put out a massive palworld patch
https://twitter.com/Palworld_EN/status/1775736701337714811

So many quality of life changes and streamlined things, I'm glad they're still taking development seriously

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

yeah it's cool stuff.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Goddamn, pocket pair just put out a massive palworld patch
https://twitter.com/Palworld_EN/status/1775736701337714811

So many quality of life changes and streamlined things, I'm glad they're still taking development seriously

Gamefreak could never

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Muscle Tracer posted:

Gamefreak could never

Gamefreak doesn't need to. Their audience isn't the 20 and 30 year olds who grew up with the game. It's the 7 year olds who see the Pikachu plush in the store and beg their parents for the game. They don't need to cater to an audience because there's always new consumers next year. Also, the people who aren't terminally online have no problem enjoying Pokémon for what it is.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Most adult people who aren't terminally online do not buy Pokemon games and do not need to state any reasons as to why.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

doesnt pokemon merch outsell the games or am i exaggerating lol

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

cumpantry posted:

I guess that makes sense, any single game buyer may buy a bunch of merch.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
started playing Lil Gator Game last night now that it's on Game Pass and man, that game is ridiculously charming and fun. if you're not familiar with it, it's a small, relaxing open-world platforming/exploration game in the vein of A Short Hike, but you're playing as a child alligator pretending to be Link in BOTW and have BOTW-inspired traversal tools like a shield you can surf downhill on, climbing with an upgradeable stamina meter, and a glider

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bad Video Games posted:

Gamefreak doesn't need to. Their audience isn't the 20 and 30 year olds who grew up with the game. It's the 7 year olds who see the Pikachu plush in the store and beg their parents for the game. They don't need to cater to an audience because there's always new consumers next year. Also, the people who aren't terminally online have no problem enjoying Pokémon for what it is.

Username really did a lot of the work for this one

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Bad Video Games posted:

user name post combo lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not invested in the Pokemon franchise. The last mainline Pokemon game on the switch is my favorite because its a seamless open world that was really easy to traverse, and had a bunch of awesome quality of life grinding features, like auto battle resolve. The graphics are complete rear end, but everything else about it was great to me.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm glad that the romhack community for Pokemon is so strong

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I want them to do a Pokemon version of Unicorn Overlord. Field teams of Pokemon that auto battle based on your training and setups.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1775946367828988205?t=YfeBy2MUbmf2Gq0-e9kqRg&s=19

Guys, I'm Yiikin' out

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think I would add it to my steam account if they gave me 20 dollars.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

cumpantry posted:

Pokémon was literally the highest-grossing media franchise in the world, last I heard, so yeah, merch is where most of the money comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

lol, aircraft livery sales