Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Why is auteur Neil Breen selling houses? Are you fucks not subscribing to his Patreon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stephenthinkpad posted:

Why is auteur Neil Breen selling houses? Are you fucks not subscribing to his Patreon?

Don't worry. He's in talks for a Star Wars trilogy. Just wait till you see what he can do with that curved LED screen thing they use for backdrops

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

My fervent wish is that someone would give Neil Breen like a low 7 figures professional indie movie budget, and he could fully realize his vision. Let him shoot on film again or at least pro-grade digital, with real sets, locations that aren’t a community college, and professional actors.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

colonelwest posted:

My fervent wish is that someone would give Neil Breen control over all star wars cartoons

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

colonelwest posted:

My fervent wish is that someone would give Neil Breen like a low 7 figures professional indie movie budget, and he could fully realize his vision. Let him shoot on film again or at least pro-grade digital, with real sets, locations that aren’t a community college, and professional actors.

I kinda feel like he would still do it all the same regardless of budget. Like it’s all a stylistic choice

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Wacky fan-fiction characters is the best part of Star Wars, especially different authors' pet characters having slap fights in the old EU material. It's action figures going on adventures in the playground at recess.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Gutcruncher posted:

I kinda feel like he would still do it all the same regardless of budget. Like it’s all a stylistic choice

Oh yeah he would make all the same terrible creative choices and it would just revolve around his character being a god-like savior of humanity again. But it would at least resemble a real movie and be a lot more entertaining than the sub-YouTuber quality green screen poo poo he’s making now.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
acting as a middleman in a purchase between two people? isn't that immoral?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

First of May posted:

Wacky fan-fiction characters is the best part of Star Wars, especially different authors' pet characters having slap fights in the old EU material. It's action figures going on adventures in the playground at recess.

Boo your self-insert Mandalorians are OP! In gonna kill them off by having a jedi do a mortal kombat fatality! Then I'm going to write about Luke Skywalker's teenaged son getting sexually assaulted by his dead cousin's terminally horny ex girlfriend.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Groovelord Neato posted:

After a very busy period, I finally saw Frozen Empire, and had a blast! Some jokes, some cool ghosts, old GBs, new GBs, fun tech, expansion of the lore, and all wrapped up neatly! Honestly, more of this please. :toot:

You gotta switch back to the Gripweed account when you wanna post like this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

First of May posted:

I'm shocked Mara Jade hasn't made an appearance in the Disney version yet

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

colonelwest posted:

Oh yeah he would make all the same terrible creative choices and it would just revolve around his character being a god-like savior of humanity again. But it would at least resemble a real movie and be a lot more entertaining than the sub-YouTuber quality green screen poo poo he’s making now.

But that’s what I mean though. You can’t make a movie that looks like Phantasmagoria by mistake. This is breens perfect vision even if he got cash dumped on him

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PostNouveau posted:

Star Wars: Tales of the New Republic (2025), directed by Dave Filoni's cowboy hat.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
It's cause Disney doesn't want to enrage Star Wars fans by adding a Mary Sue Jedi.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

acting as a middleman in a purchase between two people? isn't that immoral?

Absolutely.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

colonelwest posted:

I want him given the budget of Endgame.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I thought Neil Breen's latest cinematic contribution demonstrated a lackluster commitment to narrative fundamentals.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

reignofevil posted:

I thought Neil Breen's latest cinematic contribution demonstrated a lackluster commitment to narrative fundamentals.

Shocking if true.

I do feel like he’s been phoning it in more and more lately though. Maybe he’s finally becoming aware that he’s a joke and just leaning into it. Cade The Tortured Crossing just feels extremely lazy.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Should have gotten Neil Breen to make Dial of Destiny imo.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

counterfeitsaint posted:

Gowron is a distant fifth.

1. General Mutha Fuckin MARTOK
2. Klingon Chef
3. Tony Todd
4. General Mutha Fuckin MARTOK (Changeling)
5. Gowron

You don't even have John Schuck on the list! HOW DARE YOU!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

colonelwest posted:

lol the finally the backstory to that random lady Ashoka fought in Mando season 2 for some reason

Filoni is just madly in love with his lovely fan-fiction characters. He’ll keep pushing them until the ever diminishing returns force Disney to make him stop. He had a few good ideas for salvaging some sort of coherent story from George Lucas’ terrible prequel world building, but he’s now completely creatively spent.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

She's really the biggest question mark I have about anything related to disney star wars. There had to have been many discussions about adding her in somehow. But for some reason they never wanted to, and I'm so curious as to why.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lister posted:

She's really the biggest question mark I have about anything related to disney star wars. There had to have been many discussions about adding her in somehow. But for some reason they never wanted to, and I'm so curious as to why.

"Luke Skywalker does not gently caress" seems to be a Disney mandate.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lister posted:

They hosed up Luke’s character so badly that I can’t really imagine them adding a wife that he abandons on top of the existing poo poo pile.

All paths lead to the narrative dead end of the sequel trilogy.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 4, 2024

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Arc Hammer posted:

"Luke Skywalker does not gently caress" seems to be a Disney mandate.

No, it's what George Lucas wrote, and it's because the Jedi Order is a celibate priesthood.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Mara Jade is just as boneheaded as Reylo fanfic

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the Jedi order being celibate bureaucracy monks was always stupid. bring on luke skywalkers wife I don't remember anything about, I say. at least she's from the era where they made a lot of cool cross-section drawings of spaceships and robots

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

The Jedi being an actual established government peacekeeping force with its own headquarters and academy in the republics capital was always pretty darn stupid. Far less cool than it just being scattered warrior monks taking on apprentices as they go like I always assumed it was before 1999 (with Luke in the EU starting a centralized academy himself to bring the Jedi back from extinction, not just him going back to business as usual)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Lucas made the Jedi ridiculously celibate yet also killed almost all the Jedi until Disney decided it'd be more profitable if actually a ton of Jedi actually survived. Also he had a vagina monster swallow up Boba Fett.

Lucas may have weird views on sex is what I'm saying.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

The prequels are about Anakin trying really hard not to gently caress Natalie Portman but Portman keeps trying to make him wanna gently caress her and then when he does he turns evil and the galaxy explodes and his whole gentlemen’s club gets disbanded.

Edit: wait actually Anakin was always trying to gently caress Natalie Portman and she kept going “hmmmm, nah” after not quite finishing a handjob. This changes everything

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
his mom also gets kidnapped and brutalized by "sand people" so he goes and becomes hitler about it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Anakin seemed like a poo poo head from the start of the second movie, so it just sort of seemed like the story of a shithead who continues to be a shithead.

Hell of character arch there lucas!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Padme Amidala ruined orgasm.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Anakin's mom was a slave. probably didnt have time for good parenting. tragic.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The prequel trilogy was a morality tale about the dangers of single motherhood and why a strong nuclear family with a male breadwinner and trad wife are optimal

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Cassian of Imola posted:

No, it's what George Lucas wrote, and it's because the Jedi Order is a celibate priesthood.

I thought a big part of the prequels is how the jedi are wrong about them not having relationships. Like it was the a big example of the jedi order's extreme rigidity. If they'd been cool with him loving, he would have never needed to start breaking rules.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Mara Jade is just Star Wars name for Maryjane.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
They were ok with loving, they had a problem with close emotional bonds and emotional interdepency, exactly the opposite of actual monastic orders.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

colonelwest posted:

They hosed up Luke’s character so badly that I can’t really imagine them adding a wife that he abandons on top of the existing poo poo pile.

All paths lead to the narrative dead end of the sequel trilogy.

That was Luuke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

They were ok with loving, they had a problem with close emotional bonds and emotional interdepency, exactly the opposite of actual monastic orders.

Nate Dogg lived the Jedi Code