Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I used a recoilless rifle for the first time in a while and it needs something, I think if you didn't have to twist it in the final reload animation it would feel better; it's Like an EAT that is simultaneously more available in the sense that you always have it but also less available in the sense that once it's empty you're looking for a boulder to bow out behind for a solid ten seconds from "I've fired this round" to " l'm firing thr second round."

Vs an EAT where, once the drop canister opens. It's grab n shoot, grab n shoot.

Edit: if they differ much on how they work against various targets I can't tell in the vagaries of real world use. A spreadsheet might say one is 15% more better at killing, but they both seem to kill the same stuff the same way in an actual fight, anecdotally.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can the AC do anything to the new ATAT robit?

I've yet to encounter one :(

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Piell posted:

There was a leak video a while back that showed the thermite grenade could kill a hulk with two grenades, unknown about chargers

You can blow up a hulks leg(s) with grenades, impacts are best. Its takes something like 2-3.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

This is actually such a good idea https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bvm71n/hellbombs_should_immediately_detonate_if_a/

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Can the AC do anything to the new ATAT robit?

I've yet to encounter one :(

Saw a streamer this morning shoot it in the eye a few times and kill it. Not sure though, had it on mute while I was working :smith:.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Explosive pistol is going to be an instalock for me, assuming it can close both nests and fabricators it should do a good job of filling that gap in a build when you are taking stun nades and missing an explosive support weapon.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BadLlama posted:

You are looking for the dominator. It technically shoots rocket propelled explosive rounds that explode after embedding themselves into the target, so bolter.

similar to the scorcher though, the sound design is very boring and plan and it just is a semi auto gun that has slow bullets

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Am I doing something wrong or are other people not getting a "objective complete" message + the medals for the major orders? I will generally do missions on the planets featured in said major orders.
Bureaucracy. They can take hours and hours to eventually pay out, and everyone doesn't always pay out at once. I've seen it take almost a day. I've also gotten two at once before, but they always eventually paid me out.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I used a recoilless rifle for the first time in a while and it needs something, I think if you didn't have to twist it in the final reload animation it would feel better;

It already does that reload it when it's between half and one bullet left and it reloads really fast. Do not shoot it all the way empty or it takes a long time. Each magazine you reload holds 5 but the gun can hold 10. Never let it run dry, always reload when there are 2 to 5 rounds left in the AC.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

BitBasher posted:

It already does that reload it when it's between half and one bullet left and it reloads really fast. Do not shoot it all the way empty or it takes a long time. Each magazine you reload holds 5 but the gun can hold 10. Never let it run dry, always reload when there are 2 to 5 rounds left in the AC.

We're talking about two different guns, but that's a good tip for the aurocannon yeah.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They're talking about the Recoilless Rifle, not the AC.

I've literally crashed every other game since the recent patch. Verified files three times and twice in a row '1 file was bad and had to be reacquired' which is weird. Still crashing every other game after steam thinks everything is good tho.

Oh well, game still good and fun.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
I'll be interested to see how the new BR differentiates itself from the Liberator Penetrator.

Or the upcoming Justice AR for that matter.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

https://x.com/helldivers2/status/1775922131429118296

Looks like the Adjudicator is a full-auto weapon despite being classified as a Marksman rifle. So yeah, Space G3

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

similar to the scorcher though, the sound design is very boring and plan and it just is a semi auto gun that has slow bullets

I agree. I love the Dominator but it's lacking in sound design.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
A grenade pistol is an awesome idea.

I still want a Space Desert Eagle, though!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

William Bear posted:

I still want a Space Desert Eagle, though!

We need akimbo pistols so we can do incredibly sick John Woo dives off cliffs while firing wildly into a swarm of bugs

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

I used a recoilless rifle for the first time in a while and it needs something, I think if you didn't have to twist it in the final reload animation it would feel better; it's Like an EAT that is simultaneously more available in the sense that you always have it but also less available in the sense that once it's empty you're looking for a boulder to bow out behind for a solid ten seconds from "I've fired this round" to " l'm firing thr second round."

The RR isn't that bad if you mash R right after it goes bang. It's a long reload but not 10 seconds.

If you shoot, stand up, run for cover, then reload yeah it'll take forever. You have to be looking around for your next target (or deciding to flee) while you're in the reload animation.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm gonna need a lot more granular control while I'm jump-packing

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nordick posted:

We need akimbo pistols so we can do incredibly sick John Woo dives off cliffs while firing wildly into a swarm of bugs

:hmmyes:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yeah the backpack slot is huge. Losing my deflector shields is major, esp. because i like to run scout armor for the traversal and mobility.

I run scout armor and an autocannon. No shields. And I solo heavy automaton bases. Get on my level :madmax:

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I've only used medium armor since I got the game. The starter one with bonus armor, I think?

Is there an accepted "best" light armor? I have all of the warbonds so far.

If there's not a good one there, are there specific stats/perks I should look for on the superstore thing?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Tested and confirmed, every time a run a mission some file gets corrupted and I will crash on the subsequent mission. I can verify files on steam, catch that one is corrupted and will need to be reacquired, verify again and it's all 100% good, run one mission, verify again and one file is corrupted and will need to be reacquired.

Kinda sucks crashing every second mission 100% of the time but hey that new warbond does look pretty rad, can't wait.

E: A lot of the armors are really good tbh. The light armor with the stealth bonus is still commonly used and super good if you like sneaking around. The light armor with explosive resist is still great though I tend to only run it when teammates bring mortars or cluster bombs. All of the armors with +grenades and +stimpacks are nice to have. The light armor with extra armor effectively making it a medium armor with the good stamina stats is also pretty nice. The 50% chance to not die perk is pretty alright but kinda situational imo, you'll notice it save your rear end a lot but there will also be plenty of times where you die to sustained fire, fire dot, or being flung into geometry so hard that you simply die to physics.

Bring whatever suits your playstyle and current mission, or simply whatever you think looks good.

That being said I still use light armor all the time because the loss of stamina is extremely noticeable to me and I love moving around as much as possible.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 4, 2024

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WhiteHowler posted:

I've only used medium armor since I got the game. The starter one with bonus armor, I think?

If there's not a good one there, are there specific stats/perks I should look for on the superstore thing?

really all of them are good if it fits with how you like to play. if you are throwing nades all the time, get armor that gives you more. If you like being sneaky and doing hit and runs, the stealth armor is great. anti-explosion is simple enough, as is extra armor.

The throwing distance is great but literally makes changing back over hard because you get real used to the extra length

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I do swap to heavy armor when doing the "stay in one spot and fight insane enemy spam" missions

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Arglebargle III posted:

The RR isn't that bad if you mash R right after it goes bang. It's a long reload but not 10 seconds.

If you shoot, stand up, run for cover, then reload yeah it'll take forever. You have to be looking around for your next target (or deciding to flee) while you're in the reload animation.

Right, yeah, it may be a poor play on my part but I specifically meant the full time to scoot in and out of cover. If there's red lasers flying and you need, say, two shots on the hulk, you don't want to just stand there while you kneel down and service the RR. Whereas the EAT double donk is so quick I'll just do it then and there.

Again, it may just be me, be when I use the RR it's much more of shoot and scoot to reload, and it adds way more to the time between shots than the reload time alone would indicate.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Owlbear Camus posted:

I do swap to heavy armor when doing the "stay in one spot and fight insane enemy spam" missions

The best armor is actually made of "goes fast"

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

Scout armor is my new favorite, as the detection reduction is very noticeable and powerful; especially vs bots. Nobody talks about the additional radar perk, but that's real good for keeping you and teammates out of trouble (I saved a mission the other day by talking a teammate with a hard drive around patrols after we ran out of tickets).

I do still run the superstore light medical in small aoo missions like exterminate, though. The medic perk is great because every papercut becomes a key that unlocks four seconds of invincible, infinite stamina bliss. Pairs well with supply backpack. That said, after this patch, heavy medic might actually be better now.

Long throw and explosion resistance armors get an honorable mention.

BurntCornMuffin fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 4, 2024

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

FunkyFjord posted:

Tested and confirmed, every time a run a mission some file gets corrupted and I will crash on the subsequent mission. I can verify files on steam, catch that one is corrupted and will need to be reacquired, verify again and it's all 100% good, run one mission, verify again and one file is corrupted and will need to be reacquired.

Kinda sucks crashing every second mission 100% of the time but hey that new warbond does look pretty rad, can't wait.

My group is getting full team crashes after extract now pretty much every second mission as well. Almost no CTDs prior to this week, but its gotten pretty consistent in the last couple days. Its really annoying.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I was going to hold off the next warbond till I had finished the two I have. But the grenade pistol looks really good hrnghhh

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature

Ulio posted:

Quasar its pretty known no? The subreddit was saying how op it is and every game on 8-9 diff I see people with it.

AC is still like a hidden gem though, you can wreck with it especially with strategem restrictions.

I've been running a bunch of Helldive bot ops with a group, and we basically settled on running 2 AC, 2 Quasar as our heavies, with everyone taking orbital laser and orbital railcannon strike strats. If there's no strat restrictions we also mix in a 500kg and eagle airstrike, and the Quasar folks run shield backpack. It's been extremely effective, although we still don't have a solution for the Helldive bot defense missions that lets us consistently extract alive.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I use the medium stealth armor on bot missions except for Eradicate. Usually light armor on bugs because the hunters are coming.

I tend to get hit with stray rockets so I like the buffer and radar boost. Also never see this set in the thumbnails of “THIS IS OP AF” Helldivers videos. But armor set can change depending on the faction / mission. I usually run AC EMS mortar, Laser, and a cluster bomb or 500k.

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 4, 2024

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

OatBoy posted:

I've been running a bunch of Helldive bot ops with a group, and we basically settled on running 2 AC, 2 Quasar as our heavies, with everyone taking orbital laser and orbital railcannon strike strats. If there's no strat restrictions we also mix in a 500kg and eagle airstrike, and the Quasar folks run shield backpack. It's been extremely effective, although we still don't have a solution for the Helldive bot defense missions that lets us consistently extract alive.

Have at least two people bring EMS mortars on bot defense and stagger them. It helps massively. I assume y'all already know to spread out across the map so you can easily hit vents on tanks and Hulks when they drop.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 4, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Away all Goats posted:

Have at least two people bring EMS mortars on bot defense and stagger them. It helps massively

Last one I did with pubbies EVERYONE brought a mortar and EMS mortar. It was beautiful :allears:.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Would the RR be too strong if its ammo came in a magazine of two?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just got the AC and oh boy its fun

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'm so used to having the autopistol as my oh poo poo button I just know I'm gonna blow myself up constantly with the grenade pistol. And I'm looking forward to it :blastu:

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature

Away all Goats posted:

Have at least two people bring EMS mortars on bot defense and stagger them. It helps massively. I assume y'all already know to spread out across the map so you can easily hit vents on tanks and Hulks when they drop.

It seems like our turrets just get annihilated so quickly. I wonder if maybe putting them behind rocks on the very edge of the map would work since the bots seem to beeline into the center.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I usually throw my mortars outside the walls at the start and they never die

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

OatBoy posted:

It seems like our turrets just get annihilated so quickly. I wonder if maybe putting them behind rocks on the very edge of the map would work since the bots seem to beeline into the center.

Yeah even having it against a single wall helps its survival a lot, just avoid the ones that can be destroyed. Even better is those maps that have a little natural trench to put your mortar in.

That said, you will still need to defend it against jetpacks and Berserkers. But the benefit it gives is absolutely massive as it basically locks down a flank until someone can sweep an autocannon through or airstrike the position.

If you guys are specifically having trouble on extract you can also get everyone to bring stun grenades, and just stun the hordes around you while you book it to the pelican.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Eagle rocket pods are very underwhelming. Wish I brought an orbital laser for point targets instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Arglebargle III posted:

Eagle rocket pods are very underwhelming. Wish I brought an orbital laser for point targets instead

laser is terrible for single target deletion, you want rail cannon