Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
theres nothing to talk about except starwars apparently

okay.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Raskolnikov38 posted:

nobody says this, this is too retarded

They didn't just say it, they put it into EU content:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Star Wars chat reminded me of Pulp Phantom

(beware, early 2000s flash video with terrible sound quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8stcqHs80

This is only the first part, they made the entirety of Pulp Fiction using Star Wars characters but the first part was probably the funniest (and still gets me chuckling a bit today with "You tried to gently caress him, and Darth Vader don't like to be hosed by anyone except Queen Amidala")

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Jar Jar Binks is a Libertarian Icon, and this thesis will go into

Everybody hated him, and rightly so.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

dreezy posted:

theres nothing to talk about except starwars apparently

okay.....

We could talk about Josh instead.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Or this guaranteed trash in coming:

They better get liefield to draw the movie poster for it!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

That DICK! posted:

said neil breenishly: let me SELL your home for you FAST

"WHERE is it located? HOW many bathrooms?"

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

dr_rat posted:

Or this guaranteed trash in coming:

They better get liefield to draw the movie poster for it!

Every character is full-CG keeping the original proportions from the comic, making it the most harrowing piece of cinematic body horror not directed by Cronenberg.

Presto posted:

"WHERE is it located? HOW many bathrooms?"

:golfclap: congratulations, you win best post ITT today.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Mega64 posted:

i recently rewatched the last christmas botw and it might be josh's worst showing to date. a perfect microcosm of all his horribleness, from wet blanketing any potentially offensive joke to extended attempts to butt in during funny talk to make the point he needs to make or else he'll explode. just a complete failure of a comedy show panelist, its like im watching british tv. but as gently caress awful as he is i'd still watch a botw ep with him than a star war

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

nobody says this, this is too retarded

Its in the novelization of ANH

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Liefelf

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Mega64 posted:

During Best of the Worst #101's classic "Honorable Men" segment, there's a moment where hero action cop Ryan Smith starts quoting the song "Mandy" to the technically not underage girl he is banging ('Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking...'). Josh responds with a perfectly timed deadpan "You should send her away."

That might be the funniest Josh moment in all of RLM canon.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

NorgLyle posted:

During Best of the Worst #101's classic "Honorable Men" segment, there's a moment where hero action cop Ryan Smith starts quoting the song "Mandy" to the technically not underage girl he is banging ('Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking...'). Josh responds with a perfectly timed deadpan "You should send her away."

That might be the funniest Josh moment in all of RLM canon.

Alas, the funniest Josh moment is also the funniest Jack moment, from the Petey Wheatstraw spotlight episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrVbx5xoh0&t=1492s

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Tunicate posted:

Its in the novelization of ANH
no one cares about such things. canon is a fake idea

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

josh praise: him explaining to mike that the magic tape is not magic as a muppet movie is not a muppet was a hoot and a half

josh condemnation: the decade that has passed since has not diminished the patheticness of him picking future war to rip off mst3k riffs and not telling any one

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
My brother pointed out the "no sound in space" thing when we were watching the movies together so I hit the mute button and we watched in silence for a few minutes until he agreed it was a much better experience with the sound.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lmfao wtf even was this conversation on the last page

duhhh what if star wars was jesus boners? 🤪👈 doot doodly dooo!!!!! *slappign rear end* that's you guys

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
in space no one can hear you pew pew

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

dreezy posted:

i recently rewatched the last christmas botw and it might be josh's worst showing to date. a perfect microcosm of all his horribleness, from wet blanketing any potentially offensive joke to extended attempts to butt in during funny talk to make the point he needs to make or else he'll explode. just a complete failure of a comedy show panelist, its like im watching british tv. but as gently caress awful as he is i'd still watch a botw ep with him than a star war

What saves the last Christmas BotW is Mike. He’ll always just steamroll over Josh without a care to make fun of a movie in the most vulgar way possible.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Cubone posted:

duhhh what if star wars was jesus boners? 🤪👈 doot doodly dooo!!!!! *slappign rear end* that's you guys

Sorry I was and am stoned, will not talk about Jedi getting laid or the corrupt power structures within the Jedi hierarchy unless I’m specifically asked about it for the rest of the night.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

God knows I'm not blaming the writers for going on strike. With that said, the strike has aggravated the sort of dry posting circumstances that cause star wars flareups

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
isn't it more fun when jumanji poo poo happens in the regular world why do they twice now do the go to jungle thing? Also bring back the jungle guy from the first movie he was funny

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Sorry I was and am stoned, will not talk about Jedi getting laid or the corrupt power structures within the Jedi hierarchy unless I’m specifically asked about it for the rest of the night.

theres no excuse

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cubone posted:

no it isnt... shut up

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

deepy dee dee lookit me, im cubone. i think that ahh sonic is a knuckles chaos emerald amy rose? amy rose dahhhh

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dahhhh thats a green zone. thats a emerald green zone right there

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like imp zone posters can often have a cruel streak. The brighter the light, the deeper the darkness

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Chaos Emeralds are Jedi Crystals. Eggman wants them to build the ultimate badass lightsaber.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Also Palpatine is Eggman's father.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Khanstant posted:

isn't it more fun when jumanji poo poo happens in the regular world why do they twice now do the go to jungle thing? Also bring back the jungle guy from the first movie he was funny

Yeah, Jungle poo poo happening in the suburbs was the whole draw of the first one. I guess they wanted to make sure the second one wasn't just a boring rehash of the first which is respectable and they did succeed in. Feels like there is more they could still do with the whole, jungle suddenly being in a none jungle place though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
There's no sound is space is the dumbest thing to point out during a movie. Have you noticed there's no camera in space either? Yet somehow we can see external shots of the space ships. Very unrealistic. And don't even get me started on the complete lack of an orchestral score playing at all times! And the time skips! This movie takes place over the course of a week yet is barely even three hours long, what kind of idiot makes a blunder like that?

reignofevil posted:

My brother pointed out the "no sound in space" thing when we were watching the movies together so I hit the mute button and we watched in silence for a few minutes until he agreed it was a much better experience with the sound.

The only appropriate response.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 5, 2024

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

dr_rat posted:

Everybody hated him, and rightly so.

Incontrovertible evidence he is a libertarian

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Also Palpatine is Eggman's father.

Wait Palpatine is from a egg laying species?

Should of seen him guarding the nest at least once or twice.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Yeah, Jungle poo poo happening in the suburbs was the whole draw of the first one. I guess they wanted to make sure the second one wasn't just a boring rehash of the first which is respectable and they did succeed in. Feels like there is more they could still do with the whole, jungle suddenly being in a none jungle place though.

I get mixing it up, but I put on the third jumanji after having half rewatched the original recently, and they returned to the jungle/game world, and are reusing bits from the second movie. Maybe it busts out into the real world later but so far they just added different people in some of the bodies from last time.

All in all they both seem more like DnD jungle adventure movies than Jumanji, which isn't a bad thing but does feel like a separate kind of thing, especially with the "inhabiting avatars" thing you often get when shows do a DnD episode.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Seems like Palpatine was the only one in the prequels not laying an egg

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

The whole "the Jedi are wrong" is back-fill by fans, that is nowhere in the text of the prequels. Kind of like how some Star Wars fans will get around the fact that the movies have sounds (explosions/ship engines/roars from giant space worms) in the vacuum of space by saying that it is actually all played inside of ship speakers as a way for the people inside those ships to have a 360-degree situational awareness. The Jedi are tricked by the great threat hiding right under their noses, but so is literally the entire Republic.

The problem is that Lucas wrote the Jedi to be so dumb and bad that people think he must have been doing it intentionally. This is in spite of the fact that literally everything else in the prequels is also dumb and bad as well.

I remember arguing this in CD and getting called a racist.

I don't recall exactly how we got there but I'm still mad about it obviously.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

PostNouveau posted:

Isn't that just how they say hello in there?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PostNouveau posted:

What did you call Mace Windu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah it's the same kind of person who will claim that obviously droids were intended as a commentary on slavery and every real Star Wars fan has always known that.

Like yeah, there are a few tropes borrowed from other stories where they're filling the role of a "servant" character, in a much less problematic way. But the mere existence of parallels to a thing does not make it a commentary. They're robots, robots are fun to have in a space adventure story. That's it.

There is similarly no more than a whiff of an intelligent critique of institutions in the prequel Jedi council stuff. You can make it that if you want. It would have been a good idea to go into that, as it would've given those scenes an actual point and deepened the characters and settings in a way that would've been appropriate for a new installment in the franchise for a new generation. But, well, it's just not there. We do have a few examples of how Lucas approached that sort of thing because there are a few heavy-handed moments of political commentary, and we see how that went.

Ultimately the great irony of both Mando and Andor season 1 is that they proved you actually can do good sequels and prequels to the OT. Lucas & Abrams just screwed up.