Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

They probably will, but the platform that was hosting it is shutting down podcast production. They just need a new platform. While they could probably could just drop it somewhere, there is probably compensation that needs to be worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, I dunno about others but Norse Code managed to migrate away from SB Nation, they briefly flirted with ads to cover costs but the Patreon seems to have solved that issue

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

WBEZ just dropped their podcast department too. The mass death of podcasts is beginning.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

WBEZ just dropped their podcast department too. The mass death of podcasts is beginning.

I guess the mattress money dried up.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Brock Wright's contract details are out and it's actually cheaper than what he would have got from the tender next year, so it was a no-brainer. I'm really surprised the 49ers even bothered trying as I don't see there being any way the Lions weren't going to match.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/4/5/24121864/brock-wright-contract-details-detroit-lions-match-easy-decision

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/bsmotorcity/status/1776295092023636243?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

https://x.com/jeannatrotmantv/status/1776288408928702981?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

StartKyleOrton still goin strong. They should probably start a patreon, but they just do that for fun.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

From randomwaffle:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/The_Cap_is_Fake/status/1777421784750403675

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
What a dumbass.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Well hes gonna be a little itchy later

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i cannot overstate how funny this loving moment is and how indicative it is of america's stupidity

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
ughhhh

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1777712368648073513

The last time the Packers opened the season at home was 2018

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Hot Diggity! posted:

ughhhh

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1777712368648073513

The last time the Packers opened the season at home was 2018

Ngl, Brazil is kind of hype. We are the most popular team there by far.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Ngl, Brazil is kind of hype. We are the most popular team there by far.

Is there a reason? Did Favre steal from their poor as well?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ZombieCrew posted:

Is there a reason? Did Favre steal from their poor as well?

Looks like a lot of it is just teams that have had large amounts of success the past few decades. Which makes sense, since it's not like Brazilians are likely to have deep attachments to specific cities or regions like Americans do. They probably want to support a winning team, like everyone does.

Or maybe they just really like cheese and alcoholism

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Or maybe they like the green and yellow because it matches their flag. :shrug:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

drat, that makes a shitload of sense actually

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It's this and it's literally the most obvious reason lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I’m just guessing, I have no insight into the people of Brazil. But it makes sense.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
What is Brazil's novelty huge sausage on a pretzel cuisine like? Their meat game is plenty strong.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I can't believe the German team is popular in Brazil

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sounds like a few of u need to get drunk on spiked Brazilian lemonade in Ipanema

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

I can't believe the German team is popular in Brazil

I don't know if German teams are too popular with Brasilians lol.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

That match was so good lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think that was the joke

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

IcePhoenix posted:

I think that was the joke

It was a Boys From Brazil joke I assume.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
thats what i assumed too

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Packers confirmed for Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwqh9Dw0FPo

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Getting to Rio is unlike Europe which is a much shorter trip. It's something like 14+ hours including a connection. No nonstop flights from Chicago.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Reading the Beast draft guide, wondering if the Bears should just go Fautanu at guard at 9. I haven't followed him at all, anyone researched him?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

trevorreznik posted:

Reading the Beast draft guide, wondering if the Bears should just go Fautanu at guard at 9. I haven't followed him at all, anyone researched him?

There are some good tackles, but Alt is the only guy I'm interested in at 9. I'd much rather they trade down and just take JPJ if it comes to it. This all assumes they don't take one of the big three receivers.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

trevorreznik posted:

I've been thinking for a while that he might be a candidate for us if we were to go o-line. He's been getting a ton of buzz since the combine, tested out as super athletic by tackle standards (and even better for a guard) + looked really fluid in the drills. Feels pretty Poles-y in terms of being a plus athlete and a mauler/high motor guy.

There are also a decent amount of people who seem to think he can stick at tackle, which is a big part of his appeal to me — I'm not really eager to move on from Braxton Jones, but I do kind of like the idea of stacking the line with potential starters and letting the five best win the job in camp.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

xbilkis posted:

I've been thinking for a while that he might be a candidate for us if we were to go o-line. He's been getting a ton of buzz since the combine, tested out as super athletic by tackle standards (and even better for a guard) + looked really fluid in the drills. Feels pretty Poles-y in terms of being a plus athlete and a mauler/high motor guy.

There are also a decent amount of people who seem to think he can stick at tackle, which is a big part of his appeal to me — I'm not really eager to move on from Braxton Jones, but I do kind of like the idea of stacking the line with potential starters and letting the five best win the job in camp.

That's interesting.

I think my ranking in order of preference is solidifying at: (caleb at #1 being obvious)
WR3 if one falls to 9
trade down + take a DT (murphy/newton) or C (JPJ/Barton)
Latu/Turner (I know everyone but me is out on Latu due to injury)
Fautanu/Alt
Bowers

I'll be surprised if they don't end up taking Turner, just based on the other top 7 team's needs and likely selections.

I'm pumped. This is the most exciting draft ever.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 10, 2024

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Play posted:

Or maybe they just really like cheese and alcoholism

Brazilian Cheese Bread is very good.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

trevorreznik posted:

That's interesting.

I think my ranking in order of preference is solidifying at: (caleb at #1 being obvious)
WR3 if one falls to 9
trade down + take a DT (murphy/newton) or C (JPJ/Barton)
Latu/Turner (I know everyone but me is out on Latu due to injury)
Fautanu/Alt
Bowers

I'll be surprised if they don't end up taking Turner, just based on the other top 7 team's needs and likely selections.

I'm pumped. This is the most exciting draft ever.

My list is simple. Take whichever of Alt, Bowers, or the three receivers that falls to you. If somehow they are all gone, just trade down and get JPJ ame extra draft capital. Those top five are elite players and I dont think there is an elite defensive player in this draft.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/danielcoltun/status/1778071206446485971

lol

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Sataere posted:

My list is simple. Take whichever of Alt, Bowers, or the three receivers that falls to you. If somehow they are all gone, just trade down and get JPJ ame extra draft capital. Those top five are elite players and I dont think there is an elite defensive player in this draft.

Cool. I'm trying to talk myself into being happy with a lot of different players, where usually I get all pissy that My Guy isn't there. Trying to be more positive about this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

This is going to be a shitshow of a game.