Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mob posted:

Something is absolutely happening this season, with how he looks at his hands and also Sam Dalton's been here the whole time

I need to go back and re-listen, but doesn't he have a weird voice affectation in the most recent episode while he's looking at his hands? Sorta reminded me of Josh's "giant salesman" from one of the first Make Some Noise episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I've started watching the Bloodkeep D20 because of TikTok and not only is Trapp hilarious as a PC, the way all the characters snipe at each other slays me.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Mob posted:

I've started watching the Bloodkeep D20 because of TikTok and not only is Trapp hilarious as a PC, the way all the characters snipe at each other slays me.

Bloodkeep is absolutely some of the best D20 content. The only thing that I miss with it vs later seasons is the after-episode talkbacks which weren't a thing until Misfits and Magic, I think?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Mob posted:

Watching Bloodkeep actually inspired me to join a local DnD Discord and jump into a one shot. It just looked like the PCs were having so much fun, and Brennan was hitting all of the characters and atmosphere of “dark fantasy” so perfectly that I just felt this overwhelming urge to play for myself (I had played in a regular campaign before but it had been a while and none of them were available)

The one shot was fun too; lucked out and found a pretty chill group to play with :)

I’ll also 2nd the Trapp love. New Um, Actually has been great and it’s still one of my favorite shows, but I really do miss Trapp. He was great as a contestant too

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

timp posted:

I’ll also 2nd the Trapp love. New Um, Actually has been great and it’s still one of my favorite shows, but I really do miss Trapp. He was great as a contestant too

Sam you can't even say basic criticisms about your least favorite races!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mob posted:

Sam you can't even say basic criticisms about your least favorite races!

I got cancelled for simply saying the Indy 500 is boring!

(I also think Jess is really funny once she gets over the shock of the premise and really leans into the whole token anti-feminist woman part of the bit)

Edit: Honestly, I think the key to these is Sam knows he can't really say anything considering he let Nick Kocher do those True Facts About Grant episodes.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 5, 2024

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Lou loving nailed that reveal!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Lou nailed it for sure, then later when Siobhan started doing the Baron Bounce dance when she was doing it really sold it lol

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I was really entertained by the "Riz? Are you dating this person? Why didn't you say anything?" bit.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Holy poo poo Izzy

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Big McHuge posted:

Holy poo poo Izzy

I heard this in Sam Reich's voice during Sam Says 1/

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
great stuff. A lesser comedian would have overplayed the Dumb and Poor Vision cards, whereas Izzy held on to them long enough that I'd forget and get surprised by them again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

timp posted:

During the hi-jinx of Sam Says 3 they mentioned that each contestant had their own PA trained on them to track curses for the curse jar. I wonder if they have a similar setup for laughs on Breaking News

I'm basing this on nothing, but I would assume they just tape the episode, take a break while somebody watches the footage back, then tape the ending?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

I'm basing this on nothing, but I would assume they just tape the episode, take a break while somebody watches the footage back, then tape the ending?

This is definitely the case on Game Changer (the second Noise Boys one, for example has a really clear change in sound quality for Sam ADRing the scores), but for episodes like the Dropout America Breaking News ones, I'd put money on Sam's name being baked right into the script as soon as it's loaded on to the prompter.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

This is definitely the case on Game Changer (the second Noise Boys one, for example has a really clear change in sound quality for Sam ADRing the scores), but for episodes like the Dropout America Breaking News ones, I'd put money on Sam's name being baked right into the script as soon as it's loaded on to the prompter.

I would agree with that if for no other reason than Sam's punishment was that Brennan had to eat Sushi Grapes. :lol:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Tangential to Dropout, but just found out that 'World's Beyond Number' podcast is almost at 30k paid subscribers, which is $5 at a minimum. That's $150,000 a month, which wowzers. Happy for them.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Tangential to Dropout, but just found out that 'World's Beyond Number' podcast is almost at 30k paid subscribers, which is $5 at a minimum. That's $150,000 a month, which wowzers. Happy for them.

NADDPOD makes something similar, and has been for years. It’s wild how much money you can make (if you’re the most popular and most successful).

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

boxen posted:

Bloodkeep is absolutely some of the best D20 content. The only thing that I miss with it vs later seasons is the after-episode talkbacks which weren't a thing until Misfits and Magic, I think?
There's the Reunion where they answer some questions about Escape from Bloodkeep:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGb2VYNd4ws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63tcD2_hhHU
There's some external chats about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-mKjazkmc

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Possible future season of D20 spoilers?

I haven’t seen it mentioned here, but Rekha was on a recent episode of NADDPOD and mentioned that Brennan had been DMing her game. Which I assume means another Rekha season. Hopefully another full non-TTRPG cast season to literally poo poo on Brennan’s story.

Inaction Jackson
Feb 28, 2009

Awkward Davies posted:

NADDPOD makes something similar, and has been for years. It’s wild how much money you can make (if you’re the most popular and most successful).
It’s wild - they have a similar number of patrons, but they have multiple tiers and it takes them almost 10 minutes to read off all the names of people who are donating $50 a month. Between Murph editing the main story and Emily making the music, I think they have a lot less other people than WBN that they have to pay. So it makes sense why they are never in other Dropout stuff. They are both very busy and also probably very set as far as money goes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Slighty dropout related, but GMM did a fun game with their crew yesterday that would make for a great Game Changer For those who want to watch

(Also gently caress I'd kill for Emily, Lieb, and Jordan*(s) to be on Dirty Laundry)

*Yes, I know Myrick was already on, and they ate lip gloss

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Slighty dropout related, but GMM did a fun game with their crew yesterday that would make for a great Game Changer For those who want to watch

(Also gently caress I'd kill for Emily, Lieb, and Jordan*(s) to be on Dirty Laundry)

*Yes, I know Myrick was already on, and they ate lip gloss

Emily definitely has that weird chaotic energy that would make a good DL episode.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I assume this isn’t gonna be in the big MSG space where they play hockey but instead the littler theatre underground but this is still pretty cool

https://x.com/dimension20show/status/1777335817176051747?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
I'd pay to see it in the big space with humans as their minis like some giant chess board.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Morrow posted:

I'd pay to see it in the big space with humans as their minis like some giant chess board.

Also they can use it to decide parking for the job fair

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Izzy’s ”I thought your name was ‘Vehicular’”. Amazing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tomorrow's game changer is Bingo. Featured pretty heavily in the season poster, and Sam posted saying it was one of the favourites he's ever done. Katie, Brennan, Raph.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Tomorrow's game changer is Bingo. Featured pretty heavily in the season poster, and Sam posted saying it was one of the favourites he's ever done. Katie, Brennan, Raph.

out tonight, apparently

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

MikeJF posted:

I got to see the episode early (My roommate and I have both worked with Dropout on and off) and it's probably my favourite episode of gamechanger ever, I can't wait to see it again haha. It's so goddamn funny

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

madison square garden seems like a massive venue for dnd.

looks like it can hold 20k people. that's really impressive they can fill those seats.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I think the drag season of D20 brought in a lot of new fans

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ah yes, a Perfectly Normal Game of Bingo.

(The twist loop-de-loop in this one is really solid.)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 9, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Holy gently caress that game changer :aaaaa:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm just really curious now if the "normal" game of bingo was actually winnable.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I'm just really curious now if the "normal" game of bingo was actually winnable.

Quick and dirty excel math:
Chance to win in 5 draws if the first ball includes a diagonal: 0.00026%
Change to win in 5 draws if the first ball does not include a diagonal: 0.00017%

It's possible to win, assuming that they didn't rig the numbers, but it's extremely unlikely. I doubt they rigged it, because odds were way way way way on production's side.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ha, Brennan's so paranoid about these now, just suspecting that the bingo numbers being one off from his board is yet another conspiracy against him.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

eyeballing it, there didn't look like anywhere near 75 bingo balls in the thing, although I'm probably wrong about that

I was hoping for there being a card for Sam

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

What a fuck8ng Russian doll of an episode. Do you think the final level thought another level was watching them

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
This really is an all-timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ready! Set! Blow! posted:

eyeballing it, there didn't look like anywhere near 75 bingo balls in the thing, although I'm probably wrong about that

I was hoping for there being a card for Sam

Exactly! I was feeling that this episode was missing just ONE MORE level of weirdness and a Sam card would have made it perfect.