Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Would you rather have Diggs in 24 or...................... Keenan Allen though. What about Tee Higgins. What if Aiyuk becomes available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mega64 posted:

Texans don't give a gently caress about the cap space, so if Diggs is a bust they're only really out a second rounder, which sucks but not the worst thing in the world. If he gels then they can extend him as needed. Also, Diggs gets paid a lot now, and if he's still good he's set up to get paid more, and if he's a bust at least he got paid up front and can do whatever the gently caress he wants next year, whether ring chase or fleece another team or simply retire.

Seems fine to me for both parties.

It’s a bad trade for the Texans if they only get a one year rental for Diggs at the cost of a second round pick. And that’s assuming Diggs performs as a serviceable 1b or 2 receiver.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don’t think the Bengals are trading Higgins to an AFC contender. Or at all for that matter.

Aiyuk should be kept and Deebo traded imo.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

this number confuses the hell out of me, was this just whatever wound up being the negotiated money between diggs/HOU to void the other years?

just looking at his prior contract (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/stefon-diggs-16872/) i don't know how you end up at $43.1m

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I don't either.

The SB of his 22 extension was $18.5

On sportrac he's listed as having a $22m base salary for '24 along with $500k in workout / game bonuses

On OTC he's listed as having a $18.5m base, with the same bonuses

The only guaranteed money he has after this year was $3.5m next year, but that's contingent on being on the roster to start next league year, so void now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Would you rather have Diggs in 24 or...................... Keenan Allen though. What about Tee Higgins. What if Aiyuk becomes available.

Diggs is a year younger than Allen and has 6 straight 1000+ yard seasons and five of those are 1100+ yards. Seems pretty straightforward why a team might prefer him.

And nobody knows if those other guys are available, much less for a 2025 second.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

Keenan. I want Keenan.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't understand why the Texans did that considering they could cut him if he turns out to be a problem anyway

e: actually, would this mean the Texans potentially get a comp pick for him where they wouldn't if they cut him? I can't imagine him getting a deal worth a third round comp pick though unless he has a monster season in which case they'd regret letting him go

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 5, 2024

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Diggs is a year younger than Allen and has 6 straight 1000+ yard seasons and five of those are 1100+ yards. Seems pretty straightforward why a team might prefer him.

And nobody knows if those other guys are available, much less for a 2025 second.

Man this threw me, I don’t why my brain was so set that Allen is much older or Diggs is much younger or both

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Thaddius the Large posted:

Man this threw me, I don’t why my brain was so set that Allen is much older or Diggs is much younger or both

I had the exact same reaction and I think it's just that Keenan Allen plays like an old man. Albeit an exceptionally skilled old man, of course.

Another, probably larger, factor is that Diggs came into the league two years after Allen. Allen was drafted in 2013, basically ancient history in NFL terms

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

Aiyuk and it's not even close.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

rjmccall posted:

I don’t remember Harbaugh having any locker room problems in SF.

Basically every coach from Pop Warner on is a fountain of weird inspirational mottos. Players don’t give a gently caress about that.

I didn't play organized sports past middle school but I watch a lot of sports docs and this is something that kind of baffles me, at the top level of seemingly every sport you have these coaches just quoting these bullshit platitudes. I always wonder if any of the players are actually inspired or improved by them, or if they all just play along with coach trying to act like he's in a sports movie.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://x.com/nick_underhill/status/1775942823981756419?s=20

https://x.com/Matthew_Paras/status/1775921809478533479?s=20

and ouch Rock

https://x.com/WrestleOps/status/1776008618912985227?s=20

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 5, 2024

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

wandler20 posted:

Aiyuk and it's not even close.

are the 9ers going to pay him, and if no, why not?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Watching a UFL game - Michigan Panthers vs St Louis Battlehawks cause it’s on a tv at the bar

It’s not good but it’s kinda like preseason NFL or the usual garbage TNF game

Hurrah offseason!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

DALLAS -- Kansas City Chiefs player Rashee Rice was the driver of one of two speeding sports cars who left after causing a chain-reaction crash on a Dallas highway over the weekend, the wide receiver's attorney said Thursday.

Why Rice left the crash Saturday was "a good question that's still being investigated," said Rice's attorney, state Sen. Royce West, but he declined to elaborate. West expects charges to be filed against Rice, who was driving a Lamborghini sport utility vehicle, he said at a news conference without his client.

it seems less than ideal when its your lawyer saying that

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

“Depends on what they can prove”

I translated.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Fat Jesus posted:

are the 9ers going to pay him, and if no, why not?

If they can make the money fit, yes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aiyuk is one of the most important parts of the 9ers offense because of how well he's able to stretch the field not just vertically but horizontally that opens up the flooding poo poo for Samuel, CMC and Kittle.

I think he has the shits because in most offences he'd be seeing a lot more ball and a lot more targets.

I doubt the 9ers would want to trade him but he's absolutely the best receiver on their roster and I think he's somewhat underrated. I'd take him in a heartbeat for 33 overall

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

mcmagic posted:

If salary were out of the equation - I take Keenan Allen. Route runner + hands, finds the open spaces, keeps the chains moving, great team player, great attitude, incredibly hard worker. He's someone that succeeds in any system. I'm not happy we'll have to play against him multiple times now.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I don't either.

The SB of his 22 extension was $18.5

On sportrac he's listed as having a $22m base salary for '24 along with $500k in workout / game bonuses

On OTC he's listed as having a $18.5m base, with the same bonuses

The only guaranteed money he has after this year was $3.5m next year, but that's contingent on being on the roster to start next league year, so void now.

right, I think this is how they came to that figure: Diggs signed a $72, 5 yr contract with Minnesota in 2018, which obviously would expire at the end of last year. He signed his new deal with Buffalo in 2022, which only kicks in this year. So *in effect* he's being paid the $21.5m bonus and $22m salary this year, despite being paid the bonus two years ago. I think

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

right, I think this is how they came to that figure: Diggs signed a $72, 5 yr contract with Minnesota in 2018, which obviously would expire at the end of last year. He signed his new deal with Buffalo in 2022, which only kicks in this year. So *in effect* he's being paid the $21.5m bonus and $22m salary this year, despite being paid the bonus two years ago. I think

i'll readily say i have no loving clue how the cap hit/payment from a signing bonus changes when you are both traded and void years on a contract

that said-- those figures do work up to what the tweet mentioned, but if that's the point it doesn't seem like diggs won anything at all. he just voided his years and accelerated like $3.5m in guarantees while giving up ~$38m in future contract salary. he was due the signing bonus regardless (whether it comes from BUF or HOU), and he'd earn this year's salary all the same

stuker fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 5, 2024

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Aiyuk is not getting traded. It's funny how quickly people forgot that this exact saga happened two years ago with Deebo. The extension will get done, they just have to hammer out the structure.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grozz Nuy posted:

Aiyuk is not getting traded. It's funny how quickly people forgot that this exact saga happened two years ago with Deebo. The extension will get done, they just have to hammer out the structure.

They really need to keep him and he's going to get more money than people realize. Over $25m per would be my guess.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Never underestimate GMs doing really dumb things with franchise WRs.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1776283570908053592?t=dPD4QLXvq_BTVADseRQvUA&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dan Morgan hasn't made a bad move yet as GM.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Why is Bryce Young in a Cowboys uniform?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mega64 posted:

Why is Bryce Young in a Cowboys uniform?

That's Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAFEMZNxRoE

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1776292375733694530

this dumbass ran away from the scene and forgot to grab the dimebag!?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

mcmagic posted:

i forgot to grab my stash when i ran from the scene of a crime..because i got high, because i got high, because i got hiiiiiiiiiiigh

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Driving recklessly and endangering others' lives is one thing, but a NFL player smoking weed? That ruins the integrity of the game.

Now to bet the "Under" on his prison sentence on DraftKings, official betting sponsor of the NFL.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
thinking about the time jon jones hit a pregnant woman's car with his, ran away, ran back to grab his weed, then ran away again

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Driving recklessly and endangering others' lives is one thing, but a NFL player smoking weed? That ruins the integrity of the game.

Now to bet the "Under" on his prison sentence on DraftKings, official betting sponsor of the NFL.

SPECULATION: he was probably high as poo poo during the incident and left the scene to avoid a DUI, which is probably way worse

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So who is going to be catching passes besides Kelce?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The only option they have left is to trade for JuJu Smith-Schuster

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Jeudy probably looking real good now in retrospect lmao

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

Just shy of confirming he ran because he wanted to avoid the DUI

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So who is going to be catching passes besides Kelce?

It'll get figured out much like the last 2 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Patrick Mahomes wins Super Bowl MVP for passing over 300 yards, including over 150 yards receiving to his best pass catcher, Patrick Mahomes.