Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

My last game, everyone kept turboing for no reason, so let's not do that again

Do we have an SK? Or did someone misfire a vig

maybe post t-more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

hey look the other scum replacement doesn't want to do the funny turbo :baduk:

oh lol i'm the second replacement?

christ. what is this game doing to people?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Location A has good odds of catching Roach (watcher)

I have no issue voting beet, waiting for him to pop in and chat

my tasty sausage bribe says location A has 70% chance of catching a fish and location E has 60%

for whatever that means?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

This was my kneejerk reaction as well, not "hell yeah gottem" but ehhhh

I know it's because I'm sus of Cube but also I wouldn't put it past Cube to attempt some kind of gotcha and Zoya's excitement is also offputting.

eh look as a sub in i'm not really going to do much about a vote on me. my investment in the game (which seems pretty cool) is still low as i've not had the chance to build it up through poo poo posting. joke phase is my wind-up phase.

as mentioned before clo fished up some roaches yesterday (only) and submitted one, but didn't win the watcher power. hence the pack of snags.

i have a snow mobile that goes zoom, which means i can move once a day without using a time slot.

i have two more items for bribing.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

hambeet posted:

hmmm but i didn't go anywhere? i force-fed some local some snags. it's the done thing apparently, according to illu.

Oh good I was worried I'd have to get into a super weird "no you're just lying about something really awkward and silly" battle with you like Keats (which had been really funny to watch across games). Just a straight deny is fine.

Sucks that you got caught.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah i only do that when scum, because it's fun to just go wacky hijinx and an ever-escalating series of lies.

sorry we don't get to do that because i'm town.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

hambeet posted:

yeah i only do that when scum, because it's fun to just go wacky hijinx and an ever-escalating series of lies.

sorry we don't get to do that because i'm town.

Sausage bribe details are kinda interesting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

Sausage bribe details are kinda interesting.

yeah. the mental image of just randomly wandering around talking to people, offering up a shrink-wrapped foam tray of limp sausages quietly amused me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

my sausage sure gets people talking

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

err sausages

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

My sausage brings all the fish to the pond
And they're like, it's better than yours
drat right, it's better than yours
I can teach you, but you'd need a rod

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Someone stole my biggest fish last night right as the day ended, so there is a fish thief out there, don’t talk about your fish!

Jokes on them though it wasn’t a very big fish

Strong wine from this post.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

hambeet posted:

claim my sausages? they are 11% meat apparently, which seems a bit on the low side.

i'm playing a bit of catch up, so idk what you're asking?

clo fished yesterday (scored roaches) turned one in, but didn't win. hence the sausages.

Yea, that's what I saw - that's what Goldfish means, it's a fishcop. I was hoping to see Clo win a fish and be able to confirm her night stuff action, but she didn't and bribing is a free action in any case, so, eh.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Yea, that's what I saw - that's what Goldfish means, it's a fishcop. I was hoping to see Clo win a fish and be able to confirm her night stuff action, but she didn't and bribing is a free action in any case, so, eh.

So what does this mean, Clo/Beet didn't have any fish or a winning one?

Also yes the 11% sausage thing is accurate, I used mine to bribe also.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Sandwolf posted:

Nah I think this is fake

I'm kind of wondering. If it is fake, wouldn't it be Beet today, Cube tomorrow?

Also, someone would have won the Watcher fish instead. I know there were two people real dead, but if Cube is scum and lying about the watch, he would need to be sure no one is counterclaiming. And the fishcop last night was me, so unless scum have a duplicate action somewhere, they didn't know who was the watch.

Also (part 2) if Cube is scum and lying, he risks eating a track instead and dying for very little gain. Though the track could have been scum I guess.

I dunno. It's a bit early to think right now, good thing we have time.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

So what does this mean, Clo/Beet didn't have any fish or a winning one?

Also yes the 11% sausage thing is accurate, I used mine to bribe also.

Yeah, more accurately, I got to peek at the fish ledger and see which prizes people won. Clo was a second place, so she got a consolation prize (sausages) instead of a power.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

I was thinking about this earlier

11 alive, I'm assuming 3 scum so (assuming no 3Ps)

8/3, miselim, 7/3 N2
NK is successful, 6/3 going into D3
D4 would by EXLO right?

Yeah, you need two extra deaths for a D3 EXLO on a 13/3. I was trying to run the math but you already did. We can trade Beet for Cube unless someone vigs a town tonight too or this setup is freaking loaded with scum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

My bribe confirmed what Opop said about Spot A and Watcher fish. I had Sand's "we dunno if Opop is scum and lying" argument thing on the back of my head and wanted to see if I could get some info there, but, well, Sand had a better, more expeditive info method it seems.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shellception posted:

I'm kind of wondering. If it is fake, wouldn't it be Beet today, Cube tomorrow?

Also, someone would have won the Watcher fish instead. I know there were two people real dead, but if Cube is scum and lying about the watch, he would need to be sure no one is counterclaiming. And the fishcop last night was me, so unless scum have a duplicate action somewhere, they didn't know who was the watch.

Also (part 2) if Cube is scum and lying, he risks eating a track instead and dying for very little gain. Though the track could have been scum I guess.

I dunno. It's a bit early to think right now, good thing we have time.

no idea.

i dont get the sense cube is faking or doing a bit either, because of what you pointed out. the first thing i learned about the game was i got sausages. i looked back to see why and then read the OP and worked out it was because i missed out on a watch, which means someone else got it.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

My bribe confirmed what Opop said about Spot A and Watcher fish. I had Sand's "we dunno if Opop is scum and lying" argument thing on the back of my head and wanted to see if I could get some info there, but, well, Sand had a better, more expeditive info method it seems.

We must have bribed the same official, what a lazy informant to just hand out the same info

(I posted my bribe result earlier)

There were also secondary odds for a couple other fish but I'm gonna keep that to myself for now

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

not a lazy official, a savvy one. he got paid twice.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

We must have bribed the same official, what a lazy informant to just hand out the same info

(I posted my bribe result earlier)

There were also secondary odds for a couple other fish but I'm gonna keep that to myself for now

I saw your report, but then couldn't find it again and posted mine in the hopes we both hadn't used the exact same option.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yeah we should just kill hambeet, right? Unless there's some kind of ninja at play.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Last minute night results: someone masoned me. The masonry then closed because the person (doesn't say who) was dead. I'm going to assume this was Iggy's action. Could have been Opop, but I kinda thing Iggy more.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah we should just kill hambeet, right? Unless there's some kind of ninja at play.

from one sub in to another. c'mon.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Ninja doesn't explain why (if Cube is telling the truth) Beet was seen somewhere despite having no night action.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shellception posted:

Last minute night results: someone masoned me. The masonry then closed because the person (doesn't say who) was dead. I'm going to assume this was Iggy's action. Could have been Opop, but I kinda thing Iggy more.

i would assume iggy masoning you before opop. not that it's totally out there, i can just see iggy prioritising you out of everyone else in game. where as opop could pick a multitude of peeps.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shellception posted:

Ninja doesn't explain why (if Cube is telling the truth) Beet was seen somewhere despite having no night action.

well, i don't, but presumably scum could? like, i dont see anything in the op that makes me think scum couldn't have other powers.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

unless i've misunderstood what you're saying.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

A framer-like would probably be the scum ability that fits, if anything.

Or it's a Cube/beet bus because we got scared of Shell's early sus (and/or we just want to bus for whatever reason).

Or it's just beet who got mechanically caught. Free movement feels like a reasonable scum gimmick power, if true, since it's more scum-favored than town-favored (though I suppose that applies to almost all the gimmick-related stuff we've seen).

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Nah I think this is fake

Maerlyn posted:

This was my kneejerk reaction as well, not "hell yeah gottem" but ehhhh

I know it's because I'm sus of Cube but also I wouldn't put it past Cube to attempt some kind of gotcha and Zoya's excitement is also offputting.

I have a fundamental problem with the "Cube gambit" theory. And that is, why today?

Like, if there is something Cube of all alignments is, is calculating. Unless you are really sure that today it's gonna be a scum going down, pulling a 1 town:1 scum gambit two days before EXLO doesn't make a lick of sense. Pull it D3, make it a D4 EXLO dilemma of did the lie did they not? Yeah, that's juicy. But D2 with two more days to go? Why.

The only convoluted explanation I can come up with is that Scum!Cube got the watcher fish with some luck, didn't use it, and instead killed Iggy. A tracker on Cube would see him go Iggy, so it fits.

But then, we kill Beet, Beet is innocent - we kill Cube, assuming two NKs we go into D4 as...

... hang on, votecount is hosed up!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

We voted out Keats and Iggy and Opop died, we started with 13, no way it's 11 alive. Keats shouldn't be in the count lol

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

CubicalSucrose posted:

A framer-like would probably be the scum ability that fits, if anything.

Or it's a Cube/beet bus because we got scared of Shell's early sus (and/or we just want to bus for whatever reason).

Or it's just beet who got mechanically caught. Free movement feels like a reasonable scum gimmick power, if true, since it's more scum-favored than town-favored (though I suppose that applies to almost all the gimmick-related stuff we've seen).

Answer me this, did you bribe someone last night? If not, why not?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

hambeet posted:

unless i've misunderstood what you're saying.

Scum having a ninja can clear you of killing Iggy by making it be so that the real killer is unseen. Scum having a ninja doesn't make you visit Iggy if you indeed didn't visit Iggy.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

D2 10 alive, 7/3 - Vote out town, NK town
D3 8 alive, 5/3 - LYLO

Yeah I was wrong, tomorrow is LYLO.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Did this get missed because lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shellception posted:

Scum having a ninja can clear you of killing Iggy by making it be so that the real killer is unseen. Scum having a ninja doesn't make you visit Iggy if you indeed didn't visit Iggy.

No I got that part it was the no night action part I initially responded to.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

hambeet posted:

No I got that part it was the no night action part I initially responded to.

Walk me through it, please. I need coffee.

Or, you know, I think we're alone here, so you can also post spoidah facts if you feel like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wtf, is this not day 2