Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I was just riffing on him adapting The Martian, a novel that was literally edited by Reddit, and keeping that Reddit house style, sorry for any confusion.

Apology not accepted. I wanted to see some pirates goddammit

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

thanks, i hate it

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

The Martian was pretty good all things considered but someone called it God's Not Dead for the reddit techbro crowd in a review and I can't stop thinking about that

I feel like its style of "I'm a pirate... a SCIENCE PIRATE!" science-fan "humor" was already beaten to death by the time the movie came out.

Actually as I write that, doesn't the guy in the book even invent a unit measurement called the Pirate Ninja? That wasn't in the movie, was it?

Cope?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Should've had it say abnormal

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
He’s Midwestern. It says ope

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Imagine not turning his eye wart into a bolt.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

I feel like its style of "I'm a pirate... a SCIENCE PIRATE!" science-fan "humor" was already beaten to death by the time the movie came out.

Actually as I write that, doesn't the guy in the book even invent a unit measurement called the Pirate Ninja? That wasn't in the movie, was it?

I get why it was a dealbreaker for a lot of people, but it didn't really bother me since the guy was totally isolated. When you're the only person on the entire planet, be as cringe as you want.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Reddit only has writing credits for one movie IIRC

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Byzantine posted:

I get why it was a dealbreaker for a lot of people, but it didn't really bother me since the guy was totally isolated. When you're the only person on the entire planet, be as cringe as you want.

Especially if it helps show that you have gone insane.
My main complaint with The Martian is that the audiobook narrator pronounced ASCII as A-S-C-2.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How's the monster going to get a job now?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How's the monster going to get a job now?

Maybe the tattoo reads "Antelope" and he works at the zoo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They jokerized him

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
How would I be able to understand a character's inner conflict if they don't write it in a tattoo for me to read every time I need to be reminded

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Are you telling me Dr. Frankenstein did both those neck and head stitches and that tattoo? Because they clearly come from a wildly different place in terms of skill, care, attention to detail etc.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

duz posted:

My main complaint with The Martian is that the audiobook narrator pronounced ASCII as A-S-C-2.

what the gently caress

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
Andy Weir got his start writing GURPS supplements and writing a webcomic called Casey and Andy, which basically entirely revolved around that whole IFL Science routine:

It was a very different time in the mid-2000s, so I can't hold it against him too much, but all of that kind of writing in The Martian was no surprise

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

There's about a movie and a half worth of good stuff in the Matrix franchise and I don't see #5 improving that ratio much.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Man I know Christian Bale does extreme things to his body to fit a role, but he might have taken it too far with this one

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Guys guys guys guys

Frankenstein's monster is stitched together from a bunch of corpses of criminals, right?

What if the part with that tattoo belonged to a certain clown prince of crime?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aglet56 posted:

Andy Weir got his start writing GURPS supplements and writing a webcomic called Casey and Andy, which basically entirely revolved around that whole IFL Science routine:

It was a very different time in the mid-2000s, so I can't hold it against him too much, but all of that kind of writing in The Martian was no surprise

It was kind of funny how he tried to branch out and write regular science fiction but everybody hated it so he just wrote The Martian again with a slightly different premise.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In Civil War I'm gonna side with the NCR as the harm reduction against Caesar's Legion.

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Frankenstein is one of the best novels ever written yet at the same Hollywood’s consistently lovely adaptations for 100+ years has sullied its image I feel

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1775987152574415295

As in, this Avengelyne

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m surprised she’s getting to make another movie lol

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are they gonna go full on leather fetish or tone things down? Because the other skimpy superheroine in this crossover

got her own adaptation that looked like it's set in The Matrix.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 5, 2024

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Zadok Allen posted:

Frankenstein is one of the best novels ever written yet at the same Hollywood’s consistently lovely adaptations for 100+ years has sullied its image I feel

It and Dracula are such strange reads, because they're so well known and so overdone that the first time you read the books it's almost kinda shocking how good and weird and interesting they are, because even the best adaptations aren't really all that much like them beyond the main plot beats.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

It was kind of funny how he tried to branch out and write regular science fiction but everybody hated it so he just wrote The Martian again with a slightly different premise.

So kind of like Ernest Cline who went back to writing a sequel to RPO because no one cared about his other book.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Are they gonna go full on leather fetish or tone things down? Because the other skimpy superheroine in this crossover

I'm more interested in are they going to use cgi to directly represent the traditional liefield female forms inhuman spinal curve and general proportions.

Really make people uncomfortable seeing any particular frame of the film.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Warrior nun Areola?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I’m surprised she’s getting to make another movie lol

Olivia Wilde and Simon Kinberg, together at last.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Zadok Allen posted:

Jurassic Park, if that counts

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Warrior nun Areola?

Apparently it's an a name actual people have?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
There was a character in a 1920's British children's book about sailing named "Titty Walker." ...her name was changed in later tv adaptations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swallows_and_Amazons

Oddly enough not a name lucas ever used in any star wars media.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Warrior nun Areola?

Yeah, it got adapted into a beloved Netflix series. While Areala isn't the main focus of the show (she's dead prior to the show), it's apparently canon with the comics and she does make an appearance. A few of the episodes were written by Solid Snake voice actor and screenwriter for the 2000 X-Men film David Hayter.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

dr_rat posted:

I'm more interested in are they going to use cgi to directly represent the traditional liefield female forms inhuman spinal curve and general proportions.

Really make people uncomfortable seeing any particular frame of the film.

I wish they'd do something like this, go completely apeshit in a way that makes Battle Angel Alita look like a documentary. Otherwise, trying to play a project like this straight can only lead to poo poo like Ultraviolet.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Feldegast42 posted:

The Martian was pretty good all things considered but someone called it God's Not Dead for the reddit techbro crowd in a review and I can't stop thinking about that

They're right, the Martian is cringe.

Mr Hootington posted:

They jokerized him

It's a good look!

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Warrior nun Areola?

Areola is just another word for halo.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
holy titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chairman Capone posted:

Cope?

Damaged Hope