Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

How do I swap hats on cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Maybe same way as horse. Have a hat in your hand, click cat once to remove its current hat.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I put the TV right next to the bed so I remember to check it every morning as I run past

It looks ugly, but I’m not usually decorating properly until Y3, when I don’t really need it any more.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
An idea for form & function from a former playthrough.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Zesty posted:

Crab ring, huh? What's your ring loadout? I guess with what weapon too. I'd maybe pair crab ring with the dagger.

I like the hammer (bonus defense, amazing special). Using with Iridium Band, Lucky, Burglar, and Phoenix (or Napalm, if you unlocked that first). I guess you could substitute Phoenix for Crab but mehhhh? I never change this loadout. Don't need immunity to slimes or free coffee. I guess Ring of Yoba would synergize with lucky ring but I'd rather just have the oopsie protection with Phoenix.

Lucky ring is giving you bonuses outside of combat too. It's all-around good.

Luck is handy but Skull Cavern and Volcano hit hard enough it's nice not to juggle around buttons to eat and heal. Also not sure I ever found one in my previous game, hard to be sure. If I find it I'll keep it in mind. In my 1.6 game I've not actually knuckled down and gotten to the forge yet anyway.
Previous game I think I either went Burglar/Iridium/Crab/Ruby or Burglar/Iridium/Crab/Crab for just walking through tiger slimes and not caring.

I'm basic for weapons, just Swording away.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What is sword good for? Legitimate question. Crit builds instead of dmg+ builds I guess?

Special attack is pretty useless to me.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

TurnipFritter posted:

Two Iridium Band + Ruby Ring Rings, in addition to Three Rubies On Your Infinite Galaxy Sword.

I use iridium bands combined with the napalm and burglar rings, with a galaxy hammer enchanted with two emeralds for speed and one ruby for a small damage boost. Still grinding the Qi gems to upgrade to an infinity hammer

Edit: and I have a level 3 fairy trinket which basically eliminated me ever needing food in the mines except for re upping coffee or spicy eel lunches

Mykroft fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 4, 2024

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
One of the first hats I got was a fedora, so my cat wore a fedora for like 2 months before a better option came along and he got the straw hat instead. That was like a year ago and I still don't think he's going to forgive me.

I don't think I'm going to forgive me either.

On the plus side, the horse looks adorably derpy with a propeller hat.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Zesty posted:

What is sword good for? Legitimate question. Crit builds instead of dmg+ builds I guess?

Ah, you have mistaken me for someone who has thought more about this than "Sword is the starting weapon, I know how it works." I'm aware I can buy big bad purple Hammer or Daggers if it suits.

So maybe the answer to why +Defense rings is 'I am lazy and/or bad at this chill game'.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Zesty posted:

I use the sword because its faster than a hammer but has an arc that can hit multiple enemies unlike the dagger.

When it comes to special attacks I would say the hammer is the best since it can help clear enemies away from you if you get swarmed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hammer has defense rating. You might love it. :)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Don't forget if you put a sea urchin in a fish tank, you can put a hat on it. If you're wondering why, Google 'sea urchin hat'. You're welcome.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I think the combat in this game isn't particularly fun so I downloaded a mod that gives you an inexpensive pair of boots that give max defense max immunity. Also they look like temmie undertale.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I don't like the hammer because I often have my weapon equipped by default and sometimes when I'm in a hurry and I right click on a villager I miss. Obviously weapons don't do anything, but I always have a little jump scare when I see my character suddenly double-slam Mrs. Milner with a giant purple hammer.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

counterfeitsaint posted:

I don't like the hammer because I often have my weapon equipped by default and sometimes when I'm in a hurry and I right click on a villager I miss. Obviously weapons don't do anything, but I always have a little jump scare when I see my character suddenly double-slam Mrs. Milner with a giant purple hammer.

I feel you. My sickle is my usual default tool so I don’t accidentally waste energy. Except in mines.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Honestly did not know you could combine the iridium bands, I thought it was already a combo ring.

Usually other slot was a slime ring mixed with either napalm, lucky, burglar, or coffee (by the time I usually get coffee I already have hundreds so no longer do that one) I will swap out the second ring depending on the mine/difficulty/how lazy I want to be with bombs

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Nameless Pete posted:

I highly recommend giving your kitty the dwarf helmet.

That cat has bronze ears. Huh.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
sword is better then hammer because you get the end game big gently caress sword for free and have to pay out the nose for the other ones

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I hate accidentally doing the block special with the sword. It’s the worst to feel locked down and still for that.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

swords are the sweet spot. the hammer is op if you animation glitch it. otherwise the higher speed of the sword while still having long range and a big arc can’t be beat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zesty posted:

I hate accidentally doing the block special with the sword. It’s the worst to feel locked down and still for that.

It’s OP for the flame sprites in the volcano.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Zesty posted:

An idea for form & function from a former playthrough.

not sure what the idea i'm supposed to see is, but i do note your couch blocking the direct path from your bed to your tv :hmmno:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sorry, from now on I'll try not to suggest any complicated megaprojects for you.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Zesty posted:

Sorry, from now on I'll try not to suggest any complicated megaprojects for you.

Pretty and inefficient. And the creator is testy. I'm a ghoul who puts both my bed and TV next to the door within a few squares of each other. The rest of the house is for kegs. No form to be had. All function.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 5, 2024

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Zesty posted:

I think your house is cute OP

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Thank you. I stole many ideas from elsewhere.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ILL Machina posted:

Pretty and inefficient. And the creator is testy. I'm a ghoul who puts both my bed and TV next to the door within a few squares of each other. The rest of the house is for kegs. No form to be had. All function.

Same except it's all tea plants instead of kegs.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
There really needs to be a way to disable quality levels for certain things. Morning animal chores would be a lot easier if I didn't need upwards of 20 slots for eggs and 12 for milk, plus misc wool/tuffles/feet. It's all going into the cheese and mayo factory anyways.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

There really needs to be a way to disable quality levels for certain things. Morning animal chores would be a lot easier if I didn't need upwards of 20 slots for eggs and 12 for milk, plus misc wool/tuffles/feet. It's all going into the cheese and mayo factory anyways.

Was thinking this for my dehydrators. Annoying to harvest 5 fruits but 2 are normal, 2 are silver and 1 is gold quality and you can't dehydrate them.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Zesty posted:

i wasn't trying to seriously be a dick, just jokingly be a dick about the tv efficiency. i don't actually care how efficient your house is and it does look nice. it's not like i don't care about aesthetics at all, they're just a distant second to efficiency for me personally and people are giving me all kinds of non-serious poo poo for it so i was playing along. but i honestly don't know what the idea i'm supposed to be looking at is because you just posted a busy screenshot with no explanation

best i got is the coffee on either side of the bed which is pretty good, you got the speed boost handy whichever way you're going. but that's off centre of the pic so idk if that's what you want me to see

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 5, 2024

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just ribbing you, friend. And I know you're doing the same. No worries.

Wafflecopper posted:

best i got is the coffee on either side of the bed which is pretty good, you got the speed boost handy whichever way you're going. but that's off centre of the pic so idk if that's what you want me to see

My wife and I play together. That's her coffee on that side.

TV pretty accessible and easy to stop at on the way out the door. Calendar right next to the bed (this was before I used the UI mod recommended in this thread). I keep other useful things close at hand, like the sewing machine and dresser. It all looks vaguely nice too even though I'm not dedicating a whole room far away from the front door as a bedroom. Like I said, was going for form and function.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 5, 2024

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
There is a mod called “quality crush” that moves everything down to base level and moreover makes flowers all one color, which is the real inventory eater.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
This is a pretty mod. Not updated since 2021 though. Might still work.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the mod it's a content pack for has a 1.6 version, so it should work.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

KKKLIP ART posted:

There was a mod I saw about a couple of days ago that I now cannot find, but the idea was that you would be mailed Queen of sauce recipes. I suck at checking the TV and now I can't find that mod but it would be so helpful.

Pretty sure I remember that also, but nothing I can find on a brief search of Nexus or stardewvalley.net. In the meantime, other options (1.6, I don't use, can't verify effectiveness);

The Queen Of Sauce Reminder
Will simply just remind you to watch TV to learn a new cooking recipes
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5172?tab=description

The Best of The Queen of Sauce
Recipes normally only available from the Queen of Sauce become available after some time to purchase from Gus at a markup.
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7985

(also, not what was asked for, but my personal favorite Sauce replacer)
Glam Kitchen - Queen of Sauce TV Replacer
Make your cooking more GLAM with The Glam Kitchen! Replaces the Queen of Sauce with a new cooking show.
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/14474?tab=description

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
UI Info Suite 2 puts a really obvious icon under your money when you have a new queen of sauce recipe to view on TV, and it'll go away as soon as you view it.
https://github.com/Annosz/UIInfoSuite2

Among other cool stuff, and settings to remove anything you don't care for. Really easy.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 5, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I installed that one last night and it's super helpful for those icons alone.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Named a goat Staten Island during a fit of insomnia at 4 AM last night, booted up the video game, got the message "Staten Island has no milk right now," very sad for New York

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I feel like I should note the mouseypounds' Stardew Predictor and Stardew Checkup have been updated for 1.6. Which is very useful for finding that last couple of minerals for the museum, or working out wtf that sillouhette in your Things Shipped list is, or what Golden walnuts did you get/not get.

Does require PC or mobile because it has to read your save file, but doesn't involve modding.

Haven't hit Gold Clock or Obelisk money yet, but have bought out the bookseller and stuff, got two mastery perks. BlooMuun Farm is being fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is CJB Cheats Menu the easiest way for a friend to change their chosen skill without having to pay the $10k in game to do it?