Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Captain Invictus posted:

:hai:

overall pretty great, though I do not know how the gently caress you get their stupid neck balljoints out of the helmetless heads that are pre-installed, because I tried prying them out and felt like I was going to snap them right off. I want to put helmets on some of them because look at this dork

Yeah the swappable parts are often insanely tight. The line is always improving so I hope they address that at some point

The Last Call posted:

We all agree the life sized Puppet Master ones are cool right?

Right?

Always. Even the M3gan wouldn’t be sus if it was displayed alongside a life size Chucky or Jigsaw or the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

For those who forgot, tomorrow the GI Joe Classified retro of Beach Head, Cobra Eel and Snow Serpent shall be going on pre order.

Ditto with the Cobra Ferret with driver which is pulse exclusive.

When does the Hasbro stuff normally go live?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
April 4th at 10am PT / 1pm ET

That should be the time.

Always good to check early.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Joe Fisto posted:

Edit:

Found the TMNT Jack Kirby on my lunch break. Now do I put him with my TMNT figs or with his best buddy forever Stan?

Guess I’m hunting around Targets this weekend.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
here’s the wip display so far, still have some figs incoming including another dreadnought, hopefully there’s enough room

this poo poo is dangerous

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Cry Havoc posted:

Lmao they know what they're doing, for sure. I'm sticking to black legion stuff when it dips on clearance, though I'm now on a toy moratorium until my honeymoon in September.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Tomax and Xamot Paoli are important characters in G.I. Joe lore, even though I always thought they looked like dorks (even as a kid). For Cobra's fearsome financiers, equally at ease slitting throats in the boardroom or on the battlefield, I never thought they should be dressed like circus acrobats. Larry Hama didn't care for them either, so they rarely appeared in the Marvel comic, despite showing up all the time in the cartoon.

As far as I'm concerned, the best G.I. Joe story in any medium, ever, is Cobra: The Last Laugh, an IDW comic about Chuckles (the Hawaiian shirt guy) going deep undercover in Cobra, with Tomax and Xamot as his guides into hell. In that comic, they are slick, sophisticated, seductive, scary sharks, hoping to separate Chuckles from his soul. It finally made me a fan of the twins, because they were portrayed as so many steps ahead of everyone else, cold, calculating, and truly dangerous, not jobbers or jokes.

I held off on getting the Classified figures, because despite their smug, cocky, pretty-boy rear end in a top hat faces, they still looked liked dorks. But I recently found them for super-cheap at Ollie's and Ross, and then I found Marvel Legends Hammerhead for a reasonable price on Amazon, decked out in a three-piece pinstriped suit in classic Cobra colors. Behold: the easiest customs in the world (except the heads needed poster putty to fit on Hammerhead's neck ball).

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Tomax and Xamot Paoli are important characters in G.I. Joe lore, even though I always thought they looked like dorks (even as a kid). For Cobra's fearsome financiers, equally at ease slitting throats in the boardroom or on the battlefield, I never thought they should be dressed like circus acrobats. Larry Hama didn't care for them either, so they rarely appeared in the Marvel comic, despite showing up all the time in the cartoon.

As far as I'm concerned, the best G.I. Joe story in any medium, ever, is Cobra: The Last Laugh, an IDW comic about Chuckles (the Hawaiian shirt guy) going deep undercover in Cobra, with Tomax and Xamot as his guides into hell. In that comic, they are slick, sophisticated, seductive, scary sharks, hoping to separate Chuckles from his soul. It finally made me a fan of the twins, because they were portrayed as so many steps ahead of everyone else, cold, calculating, and truly dangerous, not jobbers or jokes.

I held off on getting the Classified figures, because despite their smug, cocky, pretty-boy rear end in a top hat faces, they still looked liked dorks. But I recently found them for super-cheap at Ollie's and Ross, and then I found Marvel Legends Hammerhead for a reasonable price on Amazon, decked out in a three-piece pinstriped suit in classic Cobra colors. Behold: the easiest customs in the world (except the heads needed poster putty to fit on Hammerhead's neck ball).

I'm all about the silly character designs, so I don't mind their default outfits, but those guys look great for sure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's like 2 toys of Hayden Christensen if he got mobbed up and found out he had a twin out in the world.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

Guess I’m hunting around Targets this weekend.

Most of these are up on Ali Express for anyone who wants to avoid hunting. Just FYI.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Cry Havoc posted:

here’s the wip display so far, still have some figs incoming including another dreadnought, hopefully there’s enough room

Man that Dreadnought is cool.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it has fingers

it has knees

I am nothing but displeased

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Nice job. They look good. We'll probably see official toys of them in suits eventually as well, that's a thing.

I actually like their costume, what does it represent? They're supposed to be high up in Cobra, they manage the books for Cobra and they're personally in charge of the Crimson Guard. You know, the red guys that personally are supposed to protect Cobra Commander. The most loyal of the loyal. They'd be wearing something to reflect that so I'm rather okay with how they are often portrayed, something royal within the group itself.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Vintersorg posted:

Oh man, was there never a toy made for these shield guys?
They did for the 4" line, but LOL if they make one for the 6".
https://rebelscum.com/episodeIfambaa.asp

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw. The Ferret's Pulse Premium.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Cobra Ferret ATV and Scout:
https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-119-cobra-ferret-scout-cobra-ferret-atv

Retro Beachead:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-retro-cardback-beach-head

Retro Cobra Eel:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-retro-cardback-cobra-eel

Retro Snow Serpent:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-retro-cardback-snow-serpent

July 15 release date for these, except the Ferret, that's July 1st.

Missed the Vamp?

https://hasbropulse.com/collections...-attack-vehicle

Boom, in stock.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, honestly I look at the Twins awesomely ridiculous outfits with the sash and single pauldrons and cannot think of anything more soul crushingly boring than to put them cheap suits. It almost offends me.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

There's no precedent for it but I'd love to see them in some ridiculous Hellfire Gala styled mirrored suits.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The OG twins came with one of the best most clever packaging.

Not only was it a two pack as they should be, it also had reflected angled sides to the figures themselves.

It looked like mirrors. It reflected them.

It was fantastic.

Fun fact, each had their own mould.

They look very similar as was the point, but it's not mere re use of one or the other.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I haven't bought those guys yet, but they're always cheap on Amazon and I often consider it. I like the silly outfits and the mirror image gimmick. (I've got no attachment to GI Joe lore, I just buy what looks cool, ever since I was a kid.)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The twins tend to go for less than ten bucks these days.

Shouldn't be hard to get them for a low price.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There were tons of them when Ross had all that Hasbro stuff in December/January.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I did the waitlist thing for Darkwolf at the Frazetta Girls website and he actually did pop back in stock today. Ordered him and Teegra at the same time and got 15% off both with code 15OFF. Shipping is $10 even, seems to be flat rate since they're obviously not shipping together. As of me writing this Darkwolf still shows as in stock with "limited availability." In case anybody else is trying to get in on this Fire & Ice line.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I did the waitlist thing for Darkwolf at the Frazetta Girls website and he actually did pop back in stock today. Ordered him and Teegra at the same time and got 15% off both with code 15OFF. Shipping is $10 even, seems to be flat rate since they're obviously not shipping together. As of me writing this Darkwolf still shows as in stock with "limited availability." In case anybody else is trying to get in on this Fire & Ice line.

Nice! I'm glad you were able to get in on him. When I preordered him a while back they said he'd ship in April, so here's hoping the added preorders means that stock is almost available and ready to be released/shipped.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I grabbed the new McF Hal Jordan today. Nice upgrade from the weirdly textured one that came out a few years back. This one came with a code for 1/3 of a digital BAF. If anyone’s wants a 3rd if a jpg let me know and we can do business.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Ignoring that saying Dragon Ball GT will upset some number of people in this thread, the new GT Kid Goku is an incredibly nice figure and actually in at least approximate scale with the adult Gokus. It would be cool if they redid the Dragon Ball Gokus with this body as the base.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Must have cashed in some karma today because not only did I find the Jack Kirby figure at the Target by my work, but I also found a samurai Usagi Yojimbo that I didn't know existed. I've been wanting an Usagi for a while but didn't want to pay reseller prices.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Lmao they know what they're doing, for sure. I'm sticking to black legion stuff when it dips on clearance, though I'm now on a toy moratorium until my honeymoon in September.
well that gives time for more to be released, but yeah gotta put a lid on this or face the spousal wrath

maybe if something really nice gets released (ork warboss) and primarchs on a case-by-case basis

Gripweed posted:

Man that Dreadnought is cool.

yeah they have great articulation are the best bang for your buck in terms of amount of plastic too for sure

reissue of the ultramarines one is on preorder for a nice price on aliexpress, so tempted but must resist

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Speaking of Ultramarines, you guys wanted more Ultramarines, right?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

omguilliman no

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

whenever an Ultramarine's not on the shelf, all the other figures should be asking "Where's Ultramarine"?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I had returned that broken Snout Spout to Mattel a couple weeks ago. Emailed them yesterday since it had been over a week since they recieved it. They emailed me back today to say it could be 3-4 weeks before they process the return.

Do they only have 1 guy working there? A month to process it? Goddamn.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the Cobra Ferret with Scout sold out.

If people are right it sold up to 18,000 plus yesterday.

The Vamp also came back and sold out. Again.

I expect this to be a fairly common occurrence since they are Pulse Exclusives.

Had to laugh at some complaining they sold out after saying they were going to wait on it getting discounted.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Had to laugh at some complaining they sold out after saying they were going to wait on it getting discounted.

I hope they catch a clue if Hasbro decides to do the probably inevitable Stinger.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I think I'm going "cobra-only" vehicles. The vamp was too large to accommodate. The thunder machine is tempting.

Space is dwindling. The moratorium carries on.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm half expecting The Stinger to be announced at the Joe event in June.

Curious to see what we get with the Haslab.

It's said that people were asked and shown some concepts of vehicles for a possible Haslab.
If true the selected vehicles were:
The Snowcat
The Thunder Machine.
The Rattler
The Mauler

If there was more or who saw what, who can say.

Snowcat and Thunder Machine are said to be coming to retail or most likely Pulse.

Guess we'll find out as plans can change.

Those who want a Whale, Tomahawk or Terror Drome are likely dreaming as their sizes are simply too massive and people complaining about vehicles that were smaller taking up shelf space.

Those last three would be FLAGG size.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

I'm half expecting The Stinger to be announced at the Joe event in June.

Curious to see what we get with the Haslab.

It's said that people were asked and shown some concepts of vehicles for a possible Haslab.
If true the selected vehicles were:
The Snowcat
The Thunder Machine.
The Rattler
The Mauler

The Rattler and Mauler would probably be too much for me but they'd be cool. Still would love the Wolf and Wolverine, even if the latter means I probably buy Cover Girl again. Surprised the AWE Striker hasn't been mentioned.

Didn't realize I'd miss Serpentor and woo is he going for a tidy sum on the secondary market. Shame.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

The Rattler and Mauler would probably be too much for me but they'd be cool. Still would love the Wolf and Wolverine, even if the latter means I probably buy Cover Girl again. Surprised the AWE Striker hasn't been mentioned.

People tend to focus on the big HASLAB vehicles, meaning smaller ones such as the AWE Striker don't really enter into the conversation much. People like the vehicle, they do want it. Only there is a long line of other vehicles people want even more. I’ve seen the Wolf asked for and that appears popular enough that there is a very good chance it’ll happen at some point. I mean if we get the Snow Cat we need a Wolf right? It makes sense.

Once people had the HISS tank in hand, I thought it would clue some in on the scale of the bigger vehicles. Except it apparently didn’t. The Dragonfly might do the trick. Maybe.

The OG HISS tank was actually a fairly small vehicle and it was designed that way as Hasbro wasn’t sure if Cobra vehicles at the time would sale at all. It went on to become the most iconic Cobra vehicle. Now look at the size of the Classified version and imagine how the bigger vehicles would be compared to it.

One guy made a Classified Skystriker.

It's drat big and still under sized.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't realize I'd miss Serpentor and woo is he going for a tidy sum on the secondary market. Shame.

They never made sufficient quantities of that guy, I wanted one from the start and would miss it every time it went up for the general public. Really hoping for a rerelease. I think they were fools to make that an exclusive to begin with, but it was early days and I don’t think they had realized how big the audience for the whole toy line would be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I'm hoping he, Bludd, and Mindbender all wind up with a standard re-release at some point in the near future.