Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yeah anything worth playing will be on gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Snagged Rumble Roses XX.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Midnight Pooptrain posted:

Snagged Rumble Roses XX.

What happened to the other X?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So me firing up garbage rear end games sways the region??

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Control is so so so good. Anyone who hasn't played it, check it out.

:hmmyes: Control is the poo poo.

I see Back 4 Blood is leaving Game Pass. I haven't played it in probably 18 months but seeing its name just reminded me how gutted I was at the end product. A perfect example of where less equals more. I bet everyone playing it just wished for a remake of Left 4 Dead 2. Those two games were utterly marvellous.

Anyway, anyone got recommendations for platformer type games on Game Pass? I had a quick go on Dead Cell which seems decent. I've played both Ori games to the point where I'm stuck and have no idea how to progress further.

I took a 5 minute look at Jusant and I'll definitely go back to it. I loved Limbo and Inside, but Somerville has such frustrating puzzles that aren't so difficult to figure out, but just feel poorly implemented.

I'll probably check out Psychonauts 2 again, I enjoyed it on release but got distracted by something else shiny at the time.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Definitely check out Planet of Lana.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dragon Ball Z the breakers is 3 bucks. Someone talk me out of this.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Lammasu posted:

Dragon Ball Z the breakers is 3 bucks. Someone talk me out of this.

I'm pretty sure I played this during a free play weekend and it was trash. It couldve been another DBZ game but theyve all been bad the past while except Dragon Ball FighterZ

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Midnight Pooptrain posted:

Snagged Rumble Roses XX.

I bought that game because I wanted to play a wrestling game but the licensed ones are full of dead people. It's like they are haunted.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
After they fixed the lovely card system and unfair spawns in back 4 blood I had a good time with it. But yeah the population is likely dead on it now

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Lammasu posted:

I bought that game because I wanted to play a wrestling game but the licensed ones are full of dead people. It's like they are haunted.

I was playing Day of Reckoning 2 last month and got sad. Didn't help that I used to main as Benoit...

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Barudak posted:

So me firing up garbage rear end games sways the region??

Use your power wisely. With the push of a button you can put any game to the top of the most popular list and the other xbox owner in Japan might see it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ImpAtom posted:

What happened to the other X?

Woke agenda got it.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
There’s something about playing Control that actually makes me sleepy. It’s really strange.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

tango alpha delta posted:

There’s something about playing Control that actually makes me sleepy. It’s really strange.

lazy gamers

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
They made a loving Zodiac Killer game?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Lammasu posted:

They made a loving Zodiac Killer game?

Do you have to eat subway in an airport by yourself?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ColdPie posted:

Use your power wisely. With the push of a button you can put any game to the top of the most popular list and the other xbox owner in Japan might see it.

Time to leave Doom 2 running 24/7

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

otter posted:

Do you have to eat subway in an airport by yourself?

The idea that Ted Cruz is smart enough to be the Zodiac Killer is laughable. drat, now I want to watch that Cinema Snob episode.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am going to push Panzer Dragoon Orta to the top.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lammasu posted:

too scared to find out what chris benoit's finishing move is :ohdear:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

priznat posted:

too scared to find out what chris benoit's finishing move is :ohdear:

You win the darkest post on Something Awful.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'll probably check out Psychonauts 2 again, I enjoyed it on release but got distracted by something else shiny at the time.
It sticks the landing big time, keep going.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lil Gator Game is great, a lot of games don't instantly hook me but this one did.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

hanyolo posted:

After they fixed the lovely card system and unfair spawns in back 4 blood I had a good time with it. But yeah the population is likely dead on it now

I reinstalled it last night after not playing it since it dropped on gp. What did they change to the card system? Do you just spawn with your whole deck now?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah your card build is active from the get go instead of having to rely on getting your cards activated each level. There is still dumb rng with unlocking all the cards you want but it didn't take too long to get them all

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 5, 2024

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

WattsvilleBlues posted:

:hmmyes: Control is the poo poo.

I see Back 4 Blood is leaving Game Pass. I haven't played it in probably 18 months but seeing its name just reminded me how gutted I was at the end product. A perfect example of where less equals more. I bet everyone playing it just wished for a remake of Left 4 Dead 2. Those two games were utterly marvellous.

Anyway, anyone got recommendations for platformer type games on Game Pass? I had a quick go on Dead Cell which seems decent. I've played both Ori games to the point where I'm stuck and have no idea how to progress further.

I took a 5 minute look at Jusant and I'll definitely go back to it. I loved Limbo and Inside, but Somerville has such frustrating puzzles that aren't so difficult to figure out, but just feel poorly implemented.

I liked F.I.S.T. a lot. Metroidvania brawler

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Nice Spring Sale. Just picked up Transport Fever 2.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Volte posted:

30 fps is essentially unplayable on a 120Hz+ display for me. I see it as a fast moving slideshow and I get a headache real quick because my eyes keep focusing and unfocusing. It wasn't that way on older displays with slower response times. I used to gladly lock the fps to 30 fps if I wasn't getting a solid 60, now I need a minimum of like 40 fps before I can really see it as fluid motion.

Going on a vision quest with Master Chief, eyes focusing and unfocusing 30 times a second.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Are people genuinely excited about Hellblade 2? Ninja Theory games have always seemed a bit too full of themselves for me, and I did not like how Senua 1 looked like.
Yes, it looks great, but it seems like people are actually thinking this is a system mover?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No. Looks boring as gently caress

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Every time I play a game at 30fps I'm like "what is this slideshow?" but within 30 minutes I stop noticing almost entirely. Everyone played games at sub 30 for decades and no one cared but now all of a sudden they can't even look at it for 2 minutes and it's because they are only looking at it for 2 minutes.

Plus when you finish the game and play something at 60 afterwards 60fps looks like "woah" It's like taking a tolerance break.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Every time I play a game at 30fps I'm like "what is this slideshow?" but within 30 minutes I stop noticing almost entirely. Everyone played games at sub 30 for decades and no one cared but now all of a sudden they can't even look at it for 2 minutes and it's because they are only looking at it for 2 minutes.

Plus when you finish the game and play something at 60 afterwards 60fps looks like "woah" It's like taking a tolerance break.

The funniest thing to me is when I'm playing things on Steam Deck like Vampire Survivor where after a certain point the FPS tanks into single digits, so when it goes back to even 20FPS it makes everything look hilariously smooth.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

veni veni veni posted:

30 fps on a CRT or an LCD with 10ms response times was a lot different than on today's high refresh displays. Even though the games were rendering at 30fps, your eyes weren't seeing a single static image instantly appear and stay unmoving on the screen for 33ms.

I don't know where you get the "only looking at it for 2 minutes" thing from.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Said it before and I’ll say it again, the whole “30fps is unplayable for me!!!!” people are total freaks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Volte posted:

30 fps on a CRT or an LCD with 10ms response times was a lot different than on today's high refresh displays. Even though the games were rendering at 30fps, your eyes weren't seeing a single static image instantly appear and stay unmoving on the screen for 33ms.

I don't know where you get the "only looking at it for 2 minutes" thing from.

I'm sorry but it's in your head man. I play games on a variety of displays at a variety of frame rates and have found over and over that frame rate tolerance is nothing but mental perception.

I'm not saying that you are lying. I see it too and 30 fps looks like juddery rear end, but it's cause your brain is used to 60+, not because modern TVs and monitors are somehow worse for games @30fps than LCDs from 15 years ago.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also doesn't help that a decent amount of games these days that are stuck at 30 are already struggling and often have bad frame pacing, which is way worse than a steady 30 fps.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No. Looks boring as gently caress

:amen:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is Hellblade one of those types of games with 20 minute unskippable cutscenes because that's what it looks like to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm playing hell blade 2 right now, looking intensely into my own eyes in the bathroom mirror and getting mad at myself