Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

naem posted:

picturing a muppet babies nursery of Primarchs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
seriously after having one kid if I had uh.....whatever the word for twenty-tuplets is I'd fling them across space and time too.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Hollismason posted:

I saw two teenagers get in a fight over 2nd edition 40k , like a physical fight and one of them kick flipped the other and then did a kip up. Also the owner of the store tried to give one of them a switchblade to use in the fight.

did you used to hang out at the GW on Queen West when Logan ran it, or even better, Alternate Gravity when he moved over after workshop canned him? poo poo got weird at both places, that was all during 2nd edition, I could have seen that happening there.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

No omegon for shame.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

olylifter posted:

did you used to hang out at the GW on Queen West when Logan ran it, or even better, Alternate Gravity when he moved over after workshop canned him? poo poo got weird at both places, that was all during 2nd edition, I could have seen that happening there.

Nah this was 31 years ago in small town USA

I have lots of stories like that my favorite is how one of the older guys invited everyone over to his house to play 40k and then put on a homemade video tape of him loving his wife

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Smugworth posted:

Dudes rock

Do any dudes gently caress each other in Warhammer 40,000?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

they implant each other with their geneseed

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
in 1st edition, geneseed was called genesperm, because they have never been subtle peeps

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Any good warhams gay romance novels to get me into the game?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Literally A Person posted:

Any good warhams gay romance novels to get me into the game?

:hmmyes:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres a sideline implied gay romance in the lion: son of the forest. generally, the dark angels are the designated gay loyalists, as befits their reference

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Meh, call me when someone uses the phrase "swollen member"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

As far as I can recall there’s one lesbian couple in 30k, and multiple non binary characters in both 40k and AoS, but that’s the limit of queer representation I’ve seen in Warhammer overall.

There was the scene where several Emperor’s Children erotically tortured Fulgrim to try to get the Daemon out of him but at that point Fulgrim had mastered the Daemon and fully fallen to Slaanesh so he allowed them to torture him because he was into it. Does that do anything for you?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theres a sideline implied gay romance in the lion: son of the forest. generally, the dark angels are the designated gay loyalists, as befits their reference

Ooh, I’ve got that one on my to-read pile

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its hella chaste and repressed, as also befits their reference

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

40k exists in an alternate universe where gay wasnt invented

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
good old completely heterosexual oiled up muscled 9 foot tall custodian guard, mmhmm

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

this is going to be one of those monkeypaw clauses where you get your swollen member novel, but it's going to be with plague marines

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

40k exists in an alternate universe where gay wasnt invented

qué

naem
May 29, 2011

hey now women in 40k have great representation including the Sisters of battle (catholic bikini ladies) and the Dark Eldar (goth bikini ladies)

also the chaos demon Slaneesh is often portrayed as a kind of spooky lady (in a bikini), due to the scientific fact that all sex is bad and evil

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

naem posted:

hey now women in 40k have great representation including the Sisters of battle (catholic bikini ladies) and the Dark Eldar (goth bikini ladies)

also the chaos demon Slaneesh is often portrayed as a kind of spooky lady (in a bikini), due to the scientific fact that all sex is bad and evil

i mean sisters arnt really bikini ladies, least anymore, they unsexified the gently caress out of them in the newest codex. they are probably my favorite faction outside the guard.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
There is definitely a lesbian couple in the Cain books, and it's implied that their love for each other is so strong it drowned out a local Necron Pariah aura (basically Superfear™).

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
The emperor is canonically nonbinary/genderqueer.

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/202...r%20at%20birth.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm writing several now with chatgpt

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean sisters arnt really bikini ladies, least anymore, they unsexified the gently caress out of them in the newest codex. they are probably my favorite faction outside the guard.

where the gently caress did the combat heels go.

More like games wokeshop

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Smugworth posted:

More like games wokeshop

The original Repentia models were nude except for strips of devotional text pierced to their bodies. They went into battle literally clad in nothing but their faith. Games Wokeshop gave the new models shorts and tank tops.

naem
May 29, 2011

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this was the first repentia model, for the inquisitor skirmish game

https://imgur.com/yeCCgjN

they have gotten a lot better at female miniatures since then, suffice to say

like many other sisters things, original inspiration was from john blanche's fetishes

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/96/72/6a9672d6035782b9f8b64bd0c2af180c.jpg

blanche also did a painting to protest peeps showing too much skin in scifi / fantasy amazon depictions, by showing a heavily armored one

so, blanche: likes the mega-heels, likes the leather, does not actually like the scanty claddedness.

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 5, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Smugworth posted:

More like games wokeshop

40K Lore Thread: More like Games Wokeshop

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

How I look after giving my cat a bath.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

bob dobbs is dead posted:

blanche also did a painting to protest peeps showing too much skin in scifi / fantasy amazon depictions, by showing a heavily armored one

so, blanche: likes the mega-heels, likes the leather, does not actually like the scanty claddedness.
lol her heels are so high that her feet are curving inwards

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Smugworth posted:

More like games wokeshop

House Escher in Necromunda is where combat heeled boot technology lives.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

ninjoatse.cx posted:

WH40K is an awesome setting with just the worst writers.

It’s like how Battletech has Stackpole and then there’s a tier below him and then everyone under that is the absolute worst Kevin J Anderson level.

Dan Abnett is fun though, I like his warhams stuff.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they're all like that. everyone who hired writers in any way

the last writing collaboration where everyone fuckin slapped was the king james bible. and even there everyone sucked compared to shakespeare (really john reinolds)

(really the thing with the king james bible was the infinite budget and total nation-state support)

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 5, 2024

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

I saw them in Guelph in 2002, they were late on stage because Mad Child was having sex with someone in the tour bus and couldn't find his pants afterwards.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Why grimdark gotta be so prudish tho?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they sell to a lotta 12yos. peeps are fine with them seeing disembowelment but not a titty

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Give me a miniatures tt game I can win by negotiating a long lasting peace with huge exposed knockers.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think you will find that huge exposed knockers are integral to lasting peace.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Give me a miniatures tt game I can win by negotiating a long lasting peace with huge exposed knockers.

Reported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They've really cut back on the boobs in the game. Especially on a lot of the older models like the Daemonettes. Who's to say if that is good or bad. Also a lot of the old artwork had boobs in it especially some of the Chaos stuff. Now its not so much. Slaanesh is now like a weird crab people or some poo poo.

Anyway the best 40k experience was having Tigurius teleport and then cast vortex or the Vindicator Assassin shoot his shield breaker at the enemy Farseer.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 6, 2024