Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Donald Glover is gross and that writer fuckin sucks. What a world.

Yes. Rape jokes are not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

childish gambino dope as fuckk

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What did he do?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He has a disturbing Asian women fetish that is also dangerous

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

cumpantry posted:

childish gambino dope as fuckk

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Mr. and Mrs. Smith series is good as hell btw

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

canyoneer posted:

What did he do?

His older comedy has some racial elements that make some people uncomfortable, and the lyrics of his songs can be kinda demeaning which is at odds with him otherwise seeming like a fairly compassionate individual. I don't know of anything else beyond some people looking askance at lyrics and comedy stuff.

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Mr. and Mrs. Smith series is good as hell btw

It was so fuckin' good, I didn't expect Maya Erskine to be such a badass, and having only seen her in pen15, to have that depth of acting talent, but she stole almost every scene.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Don't be mad because he's doing him better than you doing you

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Glover is a Yang Gang dude.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I don't get it. Why is he gross?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Sandweed posted:

Glover is a Yang Gang dude.

Disgusting, get this man out of Hollywood immediately

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

OwlFancier posted:

I like the idea that the very concept of order of operations is wrong, like there shouldn't be one, total mathematical anarchy.

This is actually how the programming language Lisp does it, I believe, resulting in it's derisive nickname "lots of irritating superfluous parenthesis". Thought I'd personally prefer no precedence over C's 15 level hierarchy.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Scratch Monkey posted:

People still be pissed at him for the Bro Rape sketch from 6000 years ago.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Neito posted:

This is actually how the programming language Lisp does it, I believe, resulting in it's derisive nickname "lots of irritating superfluous parenthesis". Thought I'd personally prefer no precedence over C's 15 level hierarchy.

Never done anything in Lisp, and barely done anything in C, but I always tended to nest everything I can explicitly, and programs like Sublime Text that auto-show you opening and closing parentheses, brackets etc were a godsend.

Idk if it's good practice or not, but I'd rather have things explicit than anyone needing to remember stuff

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
im mad at ellie kemper for the dry blowjob sketch!!!

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Mak0rz posted:

Couldn't this guy have just googled to find Ian McKellen's name?

he doesn't think of Ian McKellen as a person, only as a delivery mechanism for fiction he likes, which includes the fiction of being the "good gay" that justifies him hating the "bad gays"

which is doubly stupid because McKellen has not only been to several Pride festivals but led many of them, which this thing definitely thinks of as "shoving it in my face" and "forcing people to accept it"

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Scratch Monkey posted:

have you HEARD the mans filthy lyrics!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dameius posted:

Saw the movie in English class at 15 and I'll never forget the very deep sigh of the teacher just before hitting play and saying, "y'all. there's a scene. you'll know it when it happens. just don't make me regret giving y'all a movie."
We watched the movie over a couple days, because it's longer than a single high school period. We knew the scene was coming. The first day the period ended right before the scene. The next day the teacher started the VHS right after it.

We were all so pissed.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was racking my brain and yeah, lol.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He allegedly does not pay people for their work.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-glover-taking-advantage-lied-album-model-awaken-my-love-giannina-antonette-oteto-1856143

https://allhiphop.com/news/donald-glover-childish-gambino-wins-this-is-america-plagiarism-technicality/

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Knormal posted:

We watched the movie over a couple days, because it's longer than a single high school period. We knew the scene was coming. The first day the period ended right before the scene. The next day the teacher started the VHS right after it.

We were all so pissed.

Shouldn't have skipped it. With that warning we all paid attention pretty closely at least until that scene and by then most of the class was invested enough to see it through.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Serperoth posted:

Never done anything in Lisp, and barely done anything in C, but I always tended to nest everything I can explicitly, and programs like Sublime Text that auto-show you opening and closing parentheses, brackets etc were a godsend.

Idk if it's good practice or not, but I'd rather have things explicit than anyone needing to remember stuff

It's generally how most good practice is, better to be explicit than leave it to the vagarities of the language definition.

Mr Tall
May 6, 2009

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

he doesn't think of Ian McKellen as a person, only as a delivery mechanism for fiction he likes, which includes the fiction of being the "good gay" that justifies him hating the "bad gays"

which is doubly stupid because McKellen has not only been to several Pride festivals but led many of them, which this thing definitely thinks of as "shoving it in my face" and "forcing people to accept it"

It's even more stupid. Ian McKellen was a founding member of Stonewall.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Skios posted:

https://twitter.com/ANTH0NY_AGUILAR/status/1775866157712445441

Famously modest, restrained and low key homosexual, Elton John.

I just can't read anything that follows "bullsh*t"

Find a better word or own up to it. Don't just cower before :::the algorithm::: for fear you might not get enough clicky wickies :((((

Not you, Skios.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Neito posted:

It's generally how most good practice is, better to be explicit than leave it to the vagarities of the language definition.

My gut says so too, glad to hear that's the case.

Maybe I can try some coding again sometime...

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I can't speak for the first story but lmao Made in America and This is America don't sound anything alike.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

he's got bad vibes and weak rhymes

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Having read the article the guy claiming plagiarism failed to register his copyright correctly, *and* the judge said the two songs didn't sound alike anyhow.

So the judge tossed the suit.

https://pitchfork.com/news/lawsuit-over-childish-gambinos-this-is-america-dismissed/

So some people are mad at him for not paying for *not* copying a song? I suppose this is the thread to mock them.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Chuddish Gambino ftw

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rust Martialis posted:

Having read the article the guy claiming plagiarism failed to register his copyright correctly, *and* the judge said the two songs didn't sound alike anyhow.

So the judge tossed the suit.

https://pitchfork.com/news/lawsuit-over-childish-gambinos-this-is-america-dismissed/

So some people are mad at him for not paying for *not* copying a song? I suppose this is the thread to mock them.

Lol some people are mad alright.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yes. People still be pissed at him for that, and for good reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But he made some pretty mediocre music so who is to say who is right or wrong

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol some people are mad alright.

I suppose bitter idiots believing anything some rando says on the Internet is kind of the theme of the last couple decades.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rust Martialis posted:

I suppose bitter idiots believing anything some rando says on the Internet is kind of the theme of the last couple decades.

You don’t need to go this hard for a celebrity. Unless you are an asian teenager. Then Donald Glover will be the one who goes hard.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:jerky:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Serperoth posted:

Yeah, with Lisp it's not so much "order of operations anarchy" as "order of operations is always explicit", just as a natural consequence of how s-expression syntax works:
code:
(+ 50 (* 50 2))  ; multiplication first
(* (+ 50 50) 2)  ; addition first
Similar deal with postfix stack languages like forth/postscript/factor, just without the parens:
code:
50 2 * 50 +
50 50 + 2 *

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

You don’t need to go this hard for a celebrity. Unless you are an asian teenager. Then Donald Glover will be the one who goes hard.

Oh, you actually *believed* the plagiarism thing?

:rubby:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Glover? Barely know her