Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Hughlander posted:

AITA for returning gifts to my family and asking them to leave after they insulted my daughter's name?

quote:

They told me I should have been more honest about the name earlier

quote:

I had told my family during my pregnancy that I was not using Agatha or Agnes or an A name for my baby. I told them more than once in fact. For some reason they decided Agatha would be the name.

I love how deliberately obtuse the family is being, especially these 2 particular parts. Really hope OP buys a dog later & names it Agatha just to piss them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My "my wife is bi" T-shirt has no one asking any questions but if anyone did they would be answered by my shirt

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

ESH but there's a thing here I didn't quite appreciate until I had my own kids:

Yes, you teach kids to respect property and to not throw things out of fits of frustration. However, young kids don't have developed impulse control and they often can't stop themselves from acting out in frustration. Like, yes, the entire point here is to teach them so they learn to get better about it, but you have to expect and anticipate incidents.

This is why you don't hand your invaluable vintage consoles to a child. Or if you do, you need to do it under the conditions that they're going to have an enjoyable un-frustrating experience, meaning you don't kick their rear end in Mario Kart. Give them the win, help make a memory they will cherish.

Sounds like a great way to raise a fuckin scrub. if you want the child to cherish a memory of beating you, they gotta earn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RkapfBYIfc

And yeah I grew up with video games since I was like 5, never once did have I destroyed a controller or console in a fit of rage.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Title only (but oh what a title):

AITA for requesting my roommate not host a Cars (The Pixar Movie) themed orgy?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I love how deliberately obtuse the family is being, especially these 2 particular parts. Really hope OP buys a dog later & names it Agatha just to piss them off.

And introduces it to the other kids like, "Here's your new cousin AGATHA" while glaring at the Aunts.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I was playing hollow knight on Switch recently and it's the first time I've gotten so mad I wanted to throw a game so I kept a pillow next to me and would lightly toss the switch onto it sometimes

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hughlander posted:

AITA for returning gifts to my family and asking them to leave after they insulted my daughter's name?

Indie was the dogs name.
I don't think that's that bad as unusual names go but even if it was something worse, expressing doubts about the name would be one thing, but just arbitrarily deciding on another name and buying gifts with that name on them is insane

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

AITAH for not telling people at my new job that my wife is bi?

bi wife so what
lmao at the idea that he's just supposed to go around randomly announcing that his wife is bi to his coworkers

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

bi wife so what

"That was a great meeting today, everyone. I think this project is going to be a great success. Also, my wife is bisexual."

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I was playing hollow knight on Switch recently and it's the first time I've gotten so mad I wanted to throw a game so I kept a pillow next to me and would lightly toss the switch onto it sometimes

Lmao my 10 year old son has the same problem, and came up with the same solution

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dredging up a classic:

AITA for not getting a tattoo with my sisters and inheriting our grandma's money?

quote:

My grandma is super against tattoos. She says they don't look good on women (my two brothers have tattoos, though, and that's fine with her). When she found out my oldest sister - there's four of us - had a tattoo (we still don't know who snitched) she took my sister out of her will.

My other sisters and I made plans for the three of us to get tattoos in solidarity with our sister. I said I was going to do it, but then I realized how dumb that was and decided not to do it. They went through with it, though, and they were mad at me when they find out I didn't do it.

My grandma took them off her will and when she died, my two brothers and I inherited all her money and estates. My brothers and I gave our sisters a little bit of it, but they want us to split it equally. My sisters have been pressuring me especially because I had said I was going to do that tattoo plan with them and then didn't do it.

AITA for not getting the tattoo with them? Also, WIBTA if I don't split the inheritance equally with them (I already gave them some, but they want more)?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Little Indie is going to rebel against her parents and listen to nothing but top 40.

Mordiceius posted:

"That was a great meeting today, everyone. I think this project is going to be a great success. Also, my wife is bisexual."

Cato the Elder would be proud.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Quackles posted:

Dredging up a classic:

AITA for not getting a tattoo with my sisters and inheriting our grandma's money?
I think in situations like where someone is cut out of a will for a really stupid reason they should all redivide it equally between all of them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The correct thing to do there is to inherit the money and spend some of it on a tattoo

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Quackles posted:

Dredging up a classic:

She and her brothers are absolutely loving assholes if they don't split it evenly. Grandma was a dumb bitch, doesn't mean she should be too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Biplane posted:

Lmao my 10 year old son has the same problem, and came up with the same solution

it works

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

bi wife so what

I'm definitely on the guy's side about not oversharing at his job but uhhhhh

quote:

I know that if a woman I barely knew told me out of the blue that her husband was bisexual I would think she was trying to set something up

really dude?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

bi wife so what

AITA for telling everyone at work that my wife is bi and receiving a written warning from HR for it?

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 5, 2024

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Oh yeah, definitely. No shade from me, I just thought it was funny

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

the holy poopacy posted:

really dude?

It does remind me of the "we saw you from across the bar and liked your vibe" energy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

bi wife so what

I mean yeah, don't hide it if it's somehow relevant, I'm just sitting here trying to think of any work related situation I've been in where finding that out about someone secondhand would be relevant. All I can picture is just going "....ok, great? :shrug:" and wandering away.

e: oh hello, new page already covering this discussion :tipshat:

Mushmouth
Feb 21, 2004
Urban Tumbleweed

the holy poopacy posted:

really dude?

To be fair, I have gotten SO much poo poo for being a bi lady. SO many dudes get all hurfy doo u do 3sum??/ wife is bi 2. It's infuriating because I have never ever brought it up with the idea that it's an invitation, yet it's always treated that way.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Hughlander posted:

Indie was the dogs name.

I don't love the name Indie, but that family's tradition is really loving dumb and convoluted.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

the holy poopacy posted:

really dude?

He muddies it by switching the genders, but imagine you are a woman (if you aren't already) and a coworker You've known for about three weeks, barely an acquaintance, comes up to you apropos of nothing and says "Oh, by the way, I think you should know, my wife (who you've never met) is bisexual".

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 5, 2024

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Just start every sentence with "As the proud husband of a bi woman, I-".

mystes
May 31, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He muddies it by switching the genders, but imagine you are a woman (if you aren't already) and a coworker You've known for about three weeks, barely an acquaintance, comes up to you apropos of nothing and says "Oh, by the way, I think you should know, my wife is bisexual".
Yeah like if it's somehow relevant to something or it's pride month and they're just trying to show solidarity or whatever sure, but bringing it up with zero reason/context is definitely going to make people wonder "wtf are you telling me this?" and potentially weird people out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

the holy poopacy posted:

really dude?

He muddies it by switching the genders, but imagine you are a woman (if you aren't already) and a coworker You've known for about three weeks, barely an acquaintance, comes up to you apropos of nothing and says "Oh, by the way, I think you should know, my wife(who you haven't met) is bisexual".

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I mean let's be clear as a bi dude personally I would absolutely think somebody was trying to fish for a threesome if she just randomly came up to me and said her husband's bi.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m starting to feel like it’s Tuesday for some reason.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He muddies it by switching the genders, but imagine you are a woman (if you aren't already) and a coworker You've known for about three weeks, barely an acquaintance, comes up to you apropos of nothing and says "Oh, by the way, I think you should know, my wife (who you've never met) is bisexual".

Yeah, to be clear I get why he's concerned about bringing it up to female coworkers. It's that he, personally, would assume it's a come-on that makes me :raise:

EDIT: tbf I'm willing to accept that I'm probably being naive

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Quackles posted:

Dredging up a classic:

split the inheritance evenly, get the tattoo after the fact, be a hero and outsmart the dead woman. anything less makes you the worst sister and is grounds for immediate unsistering.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Stop telling your coworkers your sexual orientation - especially unprompted.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I get the feeling the wife wants a big dramatic coming out experience, but doesn't have any actual friends to come out to.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Savage For The Winjun posted:

What about my wife's

mystes
May 31, 2006

Savage For The Winjun posted:

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. If you are, I think that telling your coworkers your spouse's sexual orientation is a lot weirder than that.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here is a story about someone who will leave for college in a year or two and never look back.

AITA for calling my(16m) sister(17f) a bully for not letting a my girlfriend(17f) join her math club

quote:

My sister Christie is your average math nerd, she really smart at it has won awards at compétions.

With that though comes your bully and my girlfriend Emily was Christie bully back in middle school it wasn’t harsh and she want the main bully but Christie has hated her since.

I grew a crush on Emily when I saw her at our highschool(I didn’t know how she looked like really before ) and we started dating, when I brought her home to meet my parents Christie yelled at her to get out of her house which I stood up for Emily and told her she was my girlfriend-

ensue Christie having a breakdown she left to her room and didn’t come out even when our parents asked only came out to get the cat, Emily tried apologizing and she was remorseful for the past but Christie ignored her and said I was dead to her.

My parents though she would get over it since she’d always been rational one but she didn’t she became very cold and the more my parents talked and spent time with Emily the more and more she removed herself.

i did the same too Emily is great and has changed just because Christie can’t accept it dosent mean we’re over.

Now onto the problem our highschool allows kids to have their own club so as long as it’s atleast 5 members and is within school rules.

Christie and her friends made one a math club for girls when she started highschool, and from the looks of it it’s really fun, they have win competitions, and most of them are really involved in the school activités

Emily wanted to join and she needed to atleast get Christie word for the other members to accept, when she did ask Christie scoffed and made a comment “I don’t think your iq level would even fit the club.” Emily got sad but asked again saying this would good for her college resume and Christie ignored her.

Emily came back to me crying and I got pissed and confronted Christie calling her a bully for doing this, she laughed and said “Emily taught me how.” And went to her room.

I told my friends and one,Aiden told me how stupid I was begin and how could I expect Christie to help Emily. but he’s always had a crush on Christie so I don’t know if I should take his word for it. AITA?
"My parents though she would get over it since she’d always been rational one" - you're smart, therefore it's OK to trample all over your feelings. Parents might be worse than OP.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Comment:

As an Australian I’m surprised to learn that 8 drinks is a lot, but I still say YTA because I feel he’s taken advantage of the arrangement.

Is Australia one of those countries where bar/restaurant liquor pours are regulated? A quick search suggests a “shot” is 30 ml in Australia, if they were having mixed drinks with those 8 would be equivalent to a bit over 5 1.5 oz standard US liquor pours. Also (at least from what I have seen) US bartenders err on the side of overserving rather than using jiggers so “8” drinks can easily be 12+ in reality, if that was 8 average margaritas around here it would be impressive if the dude was still upright.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Shanghaied posted:

Just start every sentence with "As the proud husband of a bi woman, I-".

You don't have to force it.

"What are you up to this weekend?"

"Oh my bisexual wife and I are getting the garden ready for spring"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Borat voice: MY (bisexual) WIFE!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Imagine working with the wife.

“Oh, hey Claire, this is our new hire Melissa.”
“Hi Melissa, nice to meet you. I’m bi! My husband is straight as the day is long.”
“…OK Melissa, let me show you where HR sits next.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Sincerely,

FIL5000, BSc, SSc

Sent from my iPhone
Please think before printing this email
Gay wife