Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://youtu.be/48dwCeS89j0?si=IWdSNKlSKJ8PBLK4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watched "Thief". Pretty goddamn good.

Looking poo poo up about it and found out it was nominated for a Worst Score Razzie, which is very dumb, but I guess the Razzies have always been very dumb

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

PostNouveau posted:

Watched "Thief". Pretty goddamn good.

Looking poo poo up about it and found out it was nominated for a Worst Score Razzie, which is very dumb, but I guess the Razzies have always been very dumb

was it nominated for worst score back in 1981 or something? I can't see how that's a bad score at all, its minimalistic and stylish, and I mean the whole movie is kind of a dry run for miami vice (especially its pilot). maybe minimalistic scores were not in vogue in 1981 so the razzies people thought it was bad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
wtf Tangerine Dream rocks, they were like the proto reznor/ross of film scoring

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Daisy Ridley's parents are english noble. basically a legacy artist

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Daisy Ridley's parents are english noble. basically a legacy artist

come on it can't be that bad-

quote:

Her mother's family, the Fawkner-Corbetts, were landed gentry with a military and medical background.[9] Her paternal great-uncle, Arnold Ridley served in the military as well.[10] He separately forged a career as a playwright and actor (and is best remembered for playing Private Godfrey in the sitcom Dad's Army). Arnold Ridley's brother, Daisy's grandfather, John Harry Dunn Ridley, OBE, was head of the Engineering Secretariat at the BBC from 1950 to 1965.[11][12][13][14][15]

ah poo poo, that's baaaaaad, double-barrelled name and all

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ridley was a complete unknown before TFA. I was looking into it and all of her films pre-TFA were very indie British stuff that you've never heard of.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

she played a corpse on CSI

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ridley was a complete unknown before TFA. I was looking into it and all of her films pre-TFA were very indie British stuff that you've never heard of.

Lotta voice work and garbage after Rise of Skywalker. Following in Mark Hamill's footsteps.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
FRIDAY DISCORD MOVIES

starting at 8:00 eastern

1. Reeker

2. Hell Hunters

3. The Killing of Satan

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I saw Reeker at a film fest around when it came out and it loving sucked

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
*Jay Bauman-ishly*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Did trinity have much of a charcter in The Matrix? It sort of stopped at bad-rear end love intrest. Fleshed out charcter wasn't really the Matrix's thing.

Nor Star Wars often, so I guess that fits.

Edit: looking at her IMDB seems she's been getting pretty steady work, in i'm assuming non trinity type roles, so I'm sure she'll be glad of an nice big and easy paycheck. Disney is still giving the stars of it it's Star Wars films good pay I hope? With how much the films cost I bloody hope so.

She played a morally gray character in Jessica Jones and didn't have a hint of Trinity about her. I thought she was great.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

I saw Reeker at a film fest around when it came out and it loving sucked
that poster has a really particular mid-2000's straight to dvd Hollywood Video rental look to it.

during the dvd boom for some reason it was apparently insanely easy to get distribution in major rental chains for dogshit You Tried-rear end horror movies cobbled together by 20-something dudes who didn't know what they were doing. bone sickness, wedding slashers, death tunnel, dead clowns. I'm namedropping these like anyone has ever heard of them lol
anyway this is definitely one of those

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

ive been obsessed with doing the vulture cinematrix ever since someone posted it here. much more fun than framed
today's was all wrestlers so I did good at it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Basically every one has. Do you have any idea how many corpses they need for all those shows? Check IMDB, you've probably played one as well. We all have. If you ever go to sleep anywhere near where their filming, they'll just film you while your sleeping and add you in as another corpse.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I don't think being a british noble would give you any kind of leg up in america tbh
there's different kinds of british people? no possible way we give a poo poo about that

that'd be like an indian dude having an advantage because he's *googles* "brahmin." maybe in india my dude but over here that's either a handbag or a two-headed cow. do you have money or not

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Can we drop the Daisy Ridley talk? She was just another noname actor like Hayden Christensen who is terrible at acting, cheap, good looking, come to work on time and that's all Star Wars franchise needs.

You want acting Disney will bring someone else in to do the the acting like Poe. There is no incentive to get good actors in a SW film. Is an Oscar winning cast going to save Solo a Star Warz Storyz? All you need is minimal one veteran supporting actor in each SW film or series.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm not gonna say Daisy Ridley blew me away but I also certainly wouldn't say she was a terrible actor.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

Can we drop the Daisy Ridley talk?
yeah let's move on to Tulip Kraid

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
Who is more terrible, Daisey Ridley, or most of the GoT kids who have failed to do anything of note since?

Maybe it's a British thing???

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

billymumphrey posted:

Who is more terrible, Daisey Ridley, or most of the GoT kids who have failed to do anything of note since?

You'd think British kids would be the best actors, what with knowing they'll be back sweeping chimmeny or working down the coal mines if they don't catch a break.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

JediTalentAgent posted:

They need to watch LEXX.

everyone should watch LEXX goddamnit

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

billymumphrey posted:

Last week I woke up at like 2am and couldn't sleep. Somehow I got it into my head to watch X-men Apocalypse because I remember literally nothing about it. I regret that decision.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

billymumphrey posted:

One of the GoT actor lives in a castle, the "You know nothing" girl. She is a Baroness or something. UK is weird.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Somehow I got it into my head to watch X-men
a lot of people have been experiencing thoughts like this lately, but if I blame sorcerers working on behalf of the disney corporation and recommend paying a witch to lift the curse suddenly I'm the crazy one

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

professor x has an evil step-brother named cain

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Last week I woke up at like 2am and couldn't sleep. Somehow I got it into my head to watch X-men Apocalypse because I remember literally nothing about it. I regret that decision.

God it’s so bad. Everything about it sucked. How do you make Oscar Isaac terrible?!? At least Poe was kind of fun!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But it had Olivia Munn.

Remember Olivia Munn, guys?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

professor x has an evil step-brother named cain

Should of had his name be professor 9 and then like one side of the families named all letters one sides all numbers, and they could have family squables over that.

Like in The Phantom Tollbooth! Anyway yeah the x-men should be more like the phantom tollbooth if they want to start making things more grounded and realistic.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

that's it, I've had it. I can't take it anymore.

dr_rat posted:

Should of had his name be professor 9

dr_rat posted:

Should of seen him guarding the nest

dr_rat posted:

Who would of thought!!!

dr_rat posted:

a lot of people would of picked up on it

dr_rat posted:

could of

dr_rat posted:

might of

dr_rat posted:

would of

should of

would of

dr_rat posted:

would of

could of

could of

dr_rat posted:

should of

dr_rat posted:

should of

dr_rat posted:

would of

maybe you "should of" learned about the perfect tense in the 4th grade. you gently caress.

dr_rat posted:

That jerk totally would of had it coming.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

get they rear end

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
im a pluperfect man myself

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Didn't know someone would of gotten so mad about something like that.

lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wood off

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Remember when you would get probation for bad grammar not using capitalization. i still feel like a badboy when I fight autocorrect to get a lowercase i

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i retain a deep seeded prejudice against proper capitalizers from my irc days. who are you trying to impress?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's impossible to impress anyone with text off irc because nowhere else let's you do the cool coloured text and backgrounds in proper fixedsys

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

dreezy posted:

i retain a deep seeded prejudice against proper capitalizers from my irc days. who are you trying to impress?

Oh then you'd really hate english back in the day where capitals were just something you'd sprinkle in:

Old angry people now days being, longing for the old times, are obviously bringing it back with the randomly capitalizing words randomly!

Also who needs S's when you have F's!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

kalel posted:

that's it, I've had it. I can't take it anymore.

Thank you, there's a poster who uses 'I mean' constantly and now I'll feel less insane when I snap and make a quote post about it