Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Some of these bugs are probably caused by them switching to Unreal Engine 5 for this PTB for some reason (or so Peanits claims on their Discord, and I don't know why he'd lie about it). Now, caveat: I only have extremely limited UE experience, but generally doing a major version upgrade in any engine, framework or library is going to cause problems.

You'll need to completely redo some things because the engine switched how lighting works or something, and many things that are theoretically still compatible will not actually be, because something changed and now your old implementation needs tweaking or fixes.

Just as an example if I were to open a game we made with Unity 5 in the current version of Unity, I would be greeted with a page of compilation errors, and several more pages of warnings that methods and libraries we'd used previously were now deprecated or worked so differently we'd need to redo things anyway. We'd also probably need to fix a lot of animation issues because rigging works differently now or something.

I don't know why they figured they could just slip this in, instead of dedicating a lot of time and effort to just the engine upgrade without adding in new features to complicate things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/SpookyLoopz/status/1776023313883729926

Come on BHVR, don't be cowards and fix this. It needs to stay as a feature and will be the best feature they've added in years.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Please god keep mori preview spam and keep Dead Hard/Dramaturgy making you T-pose. I will forgive literally anything up to and including making Twins the new Nurse

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Please god keep mori preview spam and keep Dead Hard/Dramaturgy making you T-pose. I will forgive literally anything up to and including making Twins the new Nurse

i cannot forgive making twins the new nurse but i will forgive everything else

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Tiny Myers posted:

They also gave us some Aurics to play with (unless that was a bug?) and it was nice to test out a few outfits I was on the fence about.

Yeah the Aurics are specifically to test the store for the PTB.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got algo'd a random 5 view youtube stream last night of a guy just openly cheating and bragging about it. Curiosity got the better of me so I took a peek for like 5minutes and it really is nuts how bad the anticheat must be that people can just do this for ages without getting banned. Seeing the position of teammates and killer at all times, instantly warping to gens etc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got algo'd a random 5 view youtube stream last night of a guy just openly cheating and bragging about it. Curiosity got the better of me so I took a peek for like 5minutes and it really is nuts how bad the anticheat must be that people can just do this for ages without getting banned. Seeing the position of teammates and killer at all times, instantly warping to gens etc.

Did you report him?

The biggest problem is that since Epic had DBD for free a few years ago there's pretty much infinite accounts out there that bots scored, so if they do get banned they can just buy a new account for $5 and keep going.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Just had a game against weird subtle hackers. One of them was always just a bit too fast all the time. The other managed to get herself up from the downed state all on her own despite not having unbreakable.

Super fun! Still got a 2k lol

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I once played against a speedhacking Meg who's program couldn't tell that I could see her through glass so I got to watch her go from 108% or whatever (it took bl3 and passive smerchant haste to actually catch up) to like 300% back down to 108% when I rounded the corner.

Also this guy on day 2 of the Sable release:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I'm gonna say it. Unforseen is probably too good.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

I'm gonna say it. Unforseen is probably too good.

It's the only new perk that has any interest to me.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Comfortador posted:

It requires a ton of callouts to be countered. Again its something that SWFs can somewhat manage (though its still decently strong imo) but against solo q it is absolutely destructive.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Comfortador posted:

It quickly got slotted in on a lot of my killers. Really liking Unforseen/Lethal/Gearhead/Pop as a combo on Demo.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Huh, I was surprised to see Pacific drive on that player survey. I love that game but not sure why they would want to know about players interested in it unless we're getting a survivor driving a car or something lol

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Umbreon posted:

Huh, I was surprised to see Pacific drive on that player survey. I love that game but not sure why they would want to know about players interested in it unless we're getting a survivor driving a car or something lol

I wouldn't call it competition, but I can imagine overlap between people who really dig Pacific Drive's aesthetic and people who enjoy DBD's lore. I can see why they'd care about whether or not people cared about it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm laughing because I've never heard of Pacific Drive so I keep thinking of the bike cop show from the 90s.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I imagine they're interested in adjacent horror properties that they could do crossovers or cameos with. I think Pacific Drive has some memorable monsters? I haven't played it yet but I know some streamers were into it.

DRG being on there is funny. I could definitely go for a Lootbug charm as long as it's an actual modeled lootbug and not a flat square with its image upon it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Spasmodic Breath on Nurse is funny as gently caress. You can watch Survivor brains break in realtime going "Wait why am I not outrunning this Nurse"

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

DeathChicken posted:

Spasmodic Breath on Nurse is funny as gently caress. You can watch Survivor brains break in realtime going "Wait why am I not outrunning this Nurse"

This is the exact reason I love running Agitation+Awakened Awareness+Iron Grasp on Nurse. Starstruck gives the game away, but if you run backpack without it, people are like "haha oh the nurse is coming this way I bet I could bodyblock and get a wiggle out" which then very quickly becomes "oh god why is nurse so loving fast". People just expect her to be so slow and then when she's suddenly not it really breaks them.

I have had multiple Ash players with Mettle of Man just go limp after I down them and casually hook the person they were blocking for.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

lmao Nemesis gets stabbed in the loving rear end (not a criticism, that one is great) but he just stabs the air next to Sadako's head. Singularity is ALSO stabbing thin air. Even some extremely normal killers like Huntress and Nurse don't connect. Great job guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raioltWnd24

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The delay between the stab and the drop is so ridiculous lol.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Why did they even add it in if it looks so awful? Was anyone asking for it? Jesus

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The delay between the stab and the drop is so ridiculous lol.

My main concern is actually the new delay caused by the animation for the stab, the killer can now reach a hook in that time before you can actually stab them. Hoping they can't actually hook you while your mid stab animation or something

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Umbreon posted:

My main concern is actually the new delay caused by the animation for the stab, the killer can now reach a hook in that time before you can actually stab them. Hoping they can't actually hook you while your mid stab animation or something

That particular delay that brings back DS dribbling has been confirmed to be unintended and will be fixed before PTB goes live.

My actual concern with the addition of the animation is with the DS buff: The animation is 1.2 seconds, and the delay between it finishing and the beginning of the drop is another half second or so. Meaning that the buff that brings DS from 3 seconds to 5 seconds has at least a second and a half eaten up by this new animation - leaving it in the same position as the undocumented BBQ buff from a while back. They increased the time the perk works for, but due to animation locks you're basically no better off. DS went from 3 seconds to 3.5 seconds.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

1. Wait which undocumented BBQ buff? I don't doubt you I just haven't heard of that
2. One of the things Otz immediately noticed in his stream is that Decisive's stun is super limp and brief and not at all comparable with old 5 second DS as you said, he called that out very clearly immediately. This was his PTB impression stream with a bunch of eyeballs on it, including surely at least one dev, so I imagine they'll fix it

BUT.......... this is BHVR

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

1. Wait which undocumented BBQ buff? I don't doubt you I just haven't heard of that

The patch that added Nic Cage moved the timing for on- hook perks to when the survivor hits the hook and not when the hook states are updated, about a second earlier. At the same time, BBQ got an undocumented buff extending the aura read from 4 to 5 seconds. Because for the first second of ita duration you are now locked into animation.
The effective use time is still 4 seconds so it didn't actually change the strength of the perk at all. That's basically what happened with DS here. They increased the stun from 3 to 5 seconds, but since 1 and a half of those 2 extra seconds is stuck in an animation, you basically get no extra value.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That update also completely removed all counterplay to Pain Res/Dead Man's Switch, which was "fun".

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Thanks for explaining :)

DMS isn't even that horrible of a perk to go against if you know it's there, but I honestly instinctively cringe every time I go against it anyway because I feel like it's just going to be a miserable match against a sweaty rear end in a top hat and I feel like 9 times out of 10 I'm absolutely right. It's kind of like hearing Wraith's bell. DMS locks a gen (especially with a Pain Res) and I'm like "ohh... it's gonna be one of those matches, huh"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I really think they need to get a random perk mode in ASAP. That way you can play without having to deal with the exact same 8 perks every game. Make it permanent 200% bonus BP

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the issue is that people would just kill themselves on hook if they don't get a build they think is good enough. Which well, I guess isn't any different from how matches go currently.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TIL you can infact get 0 score.

Killer just was afk the whole time, they did move to a gate and just afk'd again too at some point. No idea what the point or goal was.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Trying to tank their MMR I imagine

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Probably originally trying for Rancor Roulette. Stayed demanifested the whole time so survivor didn't get alerted to it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

In today's sign the universe hates me: I'm trying to get the "hinder the killer three times in a single match" challenge. Literally the only way is with the Alan Wake flashlight challenge. Ok, fine, I'll just blind them at pallets. Doctor with Dissolution, then Chucky, then Nemesis, the Huntress. gently caress me.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

rydiafan posted:

In today's sign the universe hates me: I'm trying to get the "hinder the killer three times in a single match" challenge. Literally the only way is with the Alan Wake flashlight challenge. Ok, fine, I'll just blind them at pallets. Doctor with Dissolution, then Chucky, then Nemesis, the Huntress. gently caress me.

For what it's worth:

Blast Mine and Flashbang both work with Champion of Light (just mind your cooldown)
Chemical Trap also works :eng101:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Some old killer powers also apply a hindered effect to the killer in lieu of direct move speed changes so it can be (un)luck of the draw. I think mine got done with Trapper because for some reason while setting a trap he is Hindered.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

For what it's worth:

Blast Mine and Flashbang both work with Champion of Light (just mind your cooldown)
Chemical Trap also works :eng101:

Yeah, I brought chemical trap, which made this series of killers all the more frustrating.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Nonsense like that is why I don't try very hard to do all the archives challenges. Most of the survivor ones practically force you to throw the game to complete them.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Yeah I took chemical trap and took a flashlight. Despite a chaotic match I was blessed with a less than skilled killer so I was able to grind it out. Was going to let him kill me essentially to thank him but he disappeared after the gates were opened. I felt bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Nonsense like that is why I don't try very hard to do all the archives challenges. Most of the survivor ones practically force you to throw the game to complete them.

I've been going through the old archives for fun and have largely whittled it down to the unhinged ones, at least on Survivor side. Some of my favorites:

Finish repairing 4 GENERATORS while using Dark Sense. FOUR. GENERATORS. This basically requires your team be intensely incompetent or a 4-man coordinating to get you it.

Spend 60 SECONDS within TEN METERS of the killer WITHOUT BEING CHASED.. on Dwight. Do you know how close ten meters is. Hope you get a farming match lmao