Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's just a friendly misunderstanding because it was his mother, not any other woman (in which case trying to murder her would be totally understandable)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Troublemaker posted:

Many pages back, but wasn't Cujo originally a wrestler or boxer or someone and that's who King's characters named the dog after? Not that anyone on earth would make that connection before thinking of the rabid murder dog.

I've met more than one dog called Cujo at the dog park, it kind of seems like it's begging for trouble.

(Also one extremely hyper jack russell called Pablo Escobark.)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

lol that the mom got completely loving ambushed and still managed to do the QTEs to Tiger Drop a psycho at Olive Garden. Op is an annoying NPC in a Yakuza game

mystes
May 31, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lol that the mom got completely loving ambushed and still managed to do the QTEs to Tiger Drop a psycho at Olive Garden. Op is an annoying NPC in a Yakuza game
I think if this was a tv show, the mom would secretly be an assassin probably

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hughlander posted:

AITA for expecting more from my mother?

My GF attacked my mom, but when you think about it, it’s really my mom’s fault for being a woman near me so she should apologize.

This definitely happened in a Waffle House, right?

https://i.imgur.com/ZQnUzrk.mp4

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, I don't get that story. did the GF think that the mother was a rival woman after Ops heart or something? Maybe she gave her son a peck on the cheek or something? not that that's an excuse but even crazies have some sort triggering circumstance. It doesn't make any sense.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hobnob posted:

(Also one extremely hyper jack russell called Pablo Escobark.)

My Jack mix was unfortunately already named when I got him, or he would have been Bob Barker.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Nah she was just a woman in op's presence and Girlfriend is jealous. OP discovered that this is a kink of his and now needs his mom to apologize.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

To me it also doesn't make sense that she'd go after the other woman instead of the BF. I'm not a psycho who attacks other people, but I'd think the blame would go to the guy she thinks is cheating on her, not whatever woman he's sitting with.

Does the OP in the comments say why in the hell he's okay with the GF's behavior? I can think of fewer things that'd make me drop my significant other like a hot potato than them screaming and running across a restaurant and physically attacking someone I'm dining with.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Troublemaker posted:

Does the OP in the comments say why in the hell he's okay with the GF's behavior? I can think of fewer things that'd make me drop my significant other like a hot potato than them screaming and running across a restaurant and physically attacking someone I'm dining with.

Nah, op isn't in the comments and this is on one of the weirdo side-reddits so there's probably not gonna be much interaction from him (Literally no one is taking his side)
It got removed from the main AITA board for breaking the rules on 'posts containing violence'

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The bi-wife situation is easy to resolve. Just sit at your desk frowning, and when someone asks 'what's wrong' you reply "Well, it's my wife, she's been acting really odd. Came out as bisexual, and says if I don't tell everyone I can I'm not supporting her properly."

Situation resolved, and in the manner of one of the four designated non-work conversastion topics at the office: Complaining about the SO. The other three are weather, weekend plans and recent TV.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Hughlander posted:

In the end she did drop the charges but told me as long as I choose to stick my dick in crazy, then I choose not to be in her life.

This sounds like a cool rear end mom tbqh. Too bad her son is a pussy-whipped loser.

If anyone ever attacked my Mom, they'd be dead. I would go to jail for that bitch.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

This sounds like a cool rear end mom tbqh. Too bad her son is a pussy-whipped loser.

If anyone ever attacked my Mom, they'd be dead. I would go to jail for that bitch.

Yeah but my girlfriend is really cool once you look past the ultra psycho attacking behavior

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Please, have some empathy for the guy. He's obviously staying because he fears for his life should he ever try to get out.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yeah, normally I can turn my head sideways and squint and see why things are happening the way they are but that story is just so stupid. The OP is terminally stupid and so is his GF.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

At least OP's dad and brother are siding with the mom on this one. Even stepmom is staying the gently caress out of it. OP should probably get used to losing other relationships in his life if he sticks with Cujo here.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Troublemaker posted:

To me it also doesn't make sense that she'd go after the other woman instead of the BF. I'm not a psycho who attacks other people, but I'd think the blame would go to the guy she thinks is cheating on her, not whatever woman he's sitting with.

This is a chronic problem with people whose SO cheats on them, getting furious at the other person LURING THEIR SO AWAY.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

CoffeeBoofer posted:

My wife drives a Subaru hatchback, what car does your wife drive, Bob?

where i live the stereotype is a big lifted truck if your femme and a minivan if your masc

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

It doesn’t even say that the gf attacked the mom because she thought the OP was having an affair; there’s literally no explanation given, plausible or not :psyduck:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It doesn’t even say that the gf attacked the mom because she thought the OP was having an affair; there’s literally no explanation given, plausible or not :psyduck:

Eh, "didn't know it was my mom," just another woman? It's not a very big gap to fill.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Username/post combo right here

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Midnight Voyager posted:

Eh, "didn't know it was my mom," just another woman? It's not a very big gap to fill.

Maybe she attacks any woman she sees if she doesn't know who they are, whether they are with her boyfriend or not

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Maybe she attacks any woman she sees if she doesn't know who they are, whether they are with her boyfriend or not

Maybe the girlfriend is a super territorial dog? Have we thought of that?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Woozie66 posted:

Maybe the girlfriend is a super territorial dog? Have we thought of that?
That would almost make the story make more sense

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Fight Woman origin story.

She does that, but never wins a fight.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Scathach posted:

I'm out to my coworkers because I had to put a stop to really lovely jokes when I first started. They're deep in redneck territory (we sell John Deere tractors) but have become tolerant of, and friendly toward, The Gays 🌈 because now they know one and it's not just some strange thing they heard on the internet.

Keep up the good work 👏

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

FMguru posted:

Here's a cute one for the end of the week

AITAH for the way I responded to my daughter asking if I had a crush?

Good recovery, mom.

Artist's rendition of OP's daughter:

Secret final update buried in comments:

Tuesday it ain't

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

Sure, but you’d still think at some point he, y’know, ask her why she did it

Actually, that’s probably giving him way too much credit

Mr.Sloth
May 20, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Mum's got some serious hands. Delivering concussions to random ambushers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Biplane posted:

Work is a prison and I trust my fellow inmates only a little more than I do the wardens, which is not at all.

It's this tbh and I think I learned the instinct in high school

Captain Underpants had it right, prison is like school but better funded

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for asking my husband to not invite/visit BIL’s family indefinitely because I am pregnant and we always get sick after visiting them?

quote:

My husband and I are expecting our first baby this summer, and I’m currently about 6 months pregnant. My BIL has a toddler and school aged kids, and it seems between all of them, someone is the the house is always sick with something.

At Christmas, my husband and I plus almost all the family that came down with COVID a few days after. At the event, BIL mentioned his family had “colds” the week before but they were glad everyone was better so they could attend.

Back in February, my husband visited them and after being there a few hours, learned the toddler he’d been carrying around was sick. My husband ended up coming down with a two-week long nasty cold a few days later which he then gave to me. It lingered for nearly a month.

Last weekend, we invited husbands family over for Easter, and while we were all chatting, BIL mentions that he and one of the kids had to take a day off the Friday(2 days) before because they were so sick. Sure enough, two days later me, husband, and FIL are on our butts sick.

We don’t even see BIL that often, but every time we do, we get sick. Every time we see them, he mentions someone is sick, or was sick as recently as the day before. When we have been to/hosted gatherings nelhew others, we don’t seem to have this problem.

Being pregnant, my immune system is shot, and it’s taken me much longer to recover from small illnesses since. I have more or less been sick since Christmas time all following visits from BIL’s family.

I’ve asked my husband to nix visits with them for the time being. I am worried about the impact of constant illness on the pregnancy, and I’m also worried about them spreading anything once the baby is here. I’m also working full time and trying to finish my grad school program before the baby is here; I really don’t have the time or energy to be sick on top of being pregnant right now.

My husband does not want to sacrifice time with his nieces and nephews indefinitely, but I feel like this is a genuine issue. I don’t trust BIL to accurately determine or communicate when someone in his family is contagious.

AITA for asking my husband to stop inviting them over/visiting while I’m pregnant and for the first few months of our new babies life?

but typhoid barry is such a good brother

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hughlander posted:

AITAH for going out with friends for the weekend after my wife locked me out of the bedroom and gave me the silent treatment.

I really love how every example isn't even the guys fault. He needs to find his inner Pete.

I love how, instead of saying, "Hey, OP can you take the rubbish out?" Which would have solved everything. Dude would know what the problem was, she would be reminded its her turn, so there would be no misunderstanding, and all would be well.

But instead of that, she feels the need to put a lock on their bedroom door, for multiple nights not tell him anything about why, and it is explicitly as a "punishment" for something as petty as forgetting to take the rubbish out, (when in actuality he did nothing wrong).

And on a more serious note, I am weirded out by the way she feels the need to "punish" her husband for minor indiscretions, and does so by the use of a lock on the bedroom door. Denying physical affection is a way to show that you are mad at your partner. But to need a lock to do it? To do it explicitly as a "punishment" That is not the sign of a happy or healthy relationship.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
35F and 38M on track for divorce after meeting Caribbean captain

quote:

I have been married for eleven years, and have two beautiful children, 9 and 5. Been faithful throughout. However I had the most challenging and perplexed trip with a fishing captain in the Caribbean, who also happens to have a YouTube channel, somewhat of a local celeb. I booked his charter prior to knowing anything about him. I cannot for the life of me forget about him and I continue to want to go back to him and check out what might have been. It is almost a soul pulling thing. Like WTF was that? Let me explain.

I booked his fishing charter to go in with my husband, for our ten year wedding anniversary trip. The day comes, we meet, both shake hands and sail off. Husband gets sea sick and was super grumpy bc he was getting soaked from the spray. I, however, being an experienced fisher woman if we wanna call it that, was having the time of my life standing next to Captain. Now, captain was telling me about his life, how he used to be a pro surfer and his uncle has a yacht and etc. got the feel he was flexing. BTW this dude is so sexy, built, tan, piercing eyes. Then, my husband asks to go in. Time paid for wasn't up, and I told the Capt to take him in and take me back out. He got a huge smile and agreed. Husband left without complaint and we sailed back out. Now, the rest is a blur. I forgot who I was and how to fish. Good Lord.

Somehow we got on the topic of how we both like to gamble. We were heading in and as we docked, for some reason, the following sentence slipped "we should go gambling" to which he surprisingly responded "really? What time? seven? Eight? I do have church in the morning." After that I'm pretty sure I blacked out and muttered "I'll be there" but I'm sure he didn't hear me bc I quickly turned and pretty sure I ran away... Lol. That has NEVER happened to me, no one has ever matched my energy and vibe so much, Even tho we hardly caught more than tarpon. It has me questioning my entire marriage. Would I be happier exploring this or at least going back to see what's up? I've thought of divorcing my husband for years, we are disconnected no matter what we try and he's starting to feel it too. I think. Any insight to this event is helpful. Did I really get close to a meetup with him? Was it a business tactic? Was he just being nice or felt sorry for me?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Propaniac posted:

Is this just Captain Ron?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Propaniac posted:

Yes, definitely blow up your life for some hot youtuber you met on vacation, just make sure to keep us updated on how it goes.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Sure, but you’d still think at some point he, y’know, ask her why she did it

Actually, that’s probably giving him way too much credit

I don't think that he doesn't know why she did it. He just thinks "Oh, women be like that, they attack a woman going out with their man unless it's his mom."

Basically I think that he doesn't mention it because it's just so obvious and normal and true to him that why should he mention it?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How about a little r/legaladvice content, as a treat:

I had an affair and a child resulted. We have done a non court ordered DNA test and I am the biological father. How can I ensure I am not declared the father legally in court?

quote:

I had an affair and a child resulted. We have done a non court ordered DNA test and I am the biological father. How can I ensure I am not declared the father legally in court? Edit to add I don't want my family finding out about this or being chased by child support etc

Hope you have access to a time machine and an instruction manual about keeping it in your pants, buddy, I think that's your best chance here

mystes
May 31, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

How about a little r/legaladvice content, as a treat:

I had an affair and a child resulted. We have done a non court ordered DNA test and I am the biological father. How can I ensure I am not declared the father legally in court?

Hope you have access to a time machine and an instruction manual about keeping it in your pants, buddy, I think that's your best chance here
Don't be so quick to dismiss the option of him faking his death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mystes posted:

Don't be so quick to dismiss the option of him faking his death
I was thinking something more along the lines of seeing if the French Foreign Legion is hiring.