Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m going off of Wikipedia summaries of the story, ami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Enki rules

Enlil drools

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

I’m going off of Wikipedia summaries of the story, ami

stop relying on the tools of the mortal domain

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Enki rules

Enlil drools

exactly this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I have no idea what's going on here and I'm glad some mods posted so I don't have to think too hard about it

Aliens

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I have no idea what's going on here and I'm glad some mods posted so I don't have to think too hard about it

Aliens

could the mummies be aliens?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

all mummies are aliens

but not all aliens are mummies

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

could the mummies be aliens?

Please enjoy this CT scan of one of the mummies

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

If I was submitting myself for a job, I'd just send them a print of The Fool card, cause that's what they'd be if they didn't hire me.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Please enjoy this CT scan of one of the mummies

Those scans are pretty cool. I dunno what the hell I’m looking at because I’m an idiot, but apparently one of them has a tiny alien fetus? The drama around the alien bodies is top notch too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8qhrURrQbI

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
lmao

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

let's go mummies baby love da mummies

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jazerus posted:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

How! posted:

Those scans are pretty cool. I dunno what the hell I’m looking at because I’m an idiot, but apparently one of them has a tiny alien fetus? The drama around the alien bodies is top notch too.

weird that OBAMNA was the only thing they had it say

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
https://twitter.com/padresj/status/1776262439882879085

https://twitter.com/padresj/status/1776262446539223473

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

things like this help me to believe humans are fundamentally good and we deserve good things as a species

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

reading the original Serpo posts and its hilarious how amateur and silly they are compared to the sophisticated modern LARPs we get to bask in

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

my bony fealty posted:

reading the original Serpo posts and its hilarious how amateur and silly they are compared to the sophisticated modern LARPs we get to bask in

i found the book in a new age store once and lmfao because it was like $30 for some printed off website drivel

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

how about ufo nfts but you call em un-fungible objects and give me your money?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

i found the book in a new age store once and lmfao because it was like $30 for some printed off website drivel

it's awesome cause the posts are from different posters being like "yes this is mostly correct, but" and slowly providing more of the story and the reality behind it is that every poster is Rick Doty and maybe some other AFOSI guys loving around

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

The Ebens had scientists, doctors and technicians. There was one educational facility on the planet. If one was chosen, you attended the facility and learned the job one was best qualified and suited for. Although it was extremely difficult to judge or measure, the team estimated each Eben's IQ to be 165.

lmfaooo

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

wasnt there like one animal on the alien planet and it was a snake, lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

Are you on the ATS thread and have you gotten to the part with the Real Serpo Photos yet?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Honestly I might buy that for "collectors" value but I'm also stupid but I absolutely adore the Serpo story er I mean actual thing that happened

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

How! posted:

How can anyone hear this profound sound and still doubt the existence of the alien mummies, as well as human ancestors?

my bony fealty posted:

I kinda want to read this, lol. Not least because the name Serpo rings a bell for a reason I can't remember at the moment.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

make aliens gods again.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

let me slurp the cavorite like a gogurt

Carp
May 29, 2002

Thanks, thread.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Google Butt posted:

let me slurp the cavorite like a gogurt

I hear if you swing your hips as if with a hula hoop, you can make your rear end hover from all the swirling cavorite

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Extremely blessed

And also good advice. gently caress pears - so mealy and bland!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ripe juicing pear is good though, there's a sweet spot

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Jazerus posted:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Jazerus posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jazerus posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

my bony fealty posted:

it fucks me up to think about how the other sentient technological species that exist and have existed throughout the universe have their own version of totally mundane things like Javascript and HTML

like ok consciousness and woo is cool and all but I'd really like to watch alien sketch comedy and listen to alien grindcore

There's a theory that humans have music because of the social strat that led to language + persistence hunting. Without both you can't really have music -- it fills the new need to maintain both rhythm and communication over a long period of time

I guess ape research shows they apparently genuinely dislike music? and dogs or wolves don't really understand it?

Aliens showing up: "what the gently caress when that sound happens they all start MOVING" "Qmlob it's like they can READ EACH OTHER'S MINDS are you CERTAIN about this"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Squizzle posted:

are you calling enki a liar or an oathbreaker

gently caress for a second I thought I was in the hugenormous paradise lost thread from tg

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

There's a theory that humans have music because of the social strat that led to language + persistence hunting. Without both you can't really have music -- it fills the new need to maintain both rhythm and communication over a long period of time

I guess ape research shows they apparently genuinely dislike music? and dogs or wolves don't really understand it?

Aliens showing up: "what the gently caress when that sound happens they all start MOVING" "Qmlob it's like they can READ EACH OTHER'S MINDS are you CERTAIN about this"

interesting.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Good points, that would make sense. I think many birds (both the avian kind and the weird kind) also like music a lot, in similar ways to how humans do. If you want to meet the others, music is a great place to start imo. Music is literal vibrations and they are all about vibes, especially the strong, consistent vibes of emotions and instruments.

Jazerus posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
yeah some birds, notably parrots, will get in on the music - which makes sense; many species therein are highly social and sing all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Music is the most wondrous thing in the entire universe for me

Black holes and supernovae and the human brain and plants and animals and electromagnetism and shoes and sealing wax and cabbages and all of that poo poo are really really cool

But music is It, baby, it's It