Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

I did bribe, it was free, so why not. I tried to guess if Opop was telling the truth about Spot A and the Watcher fish, because you raised a good point about Opop possibly lying.

Yes this would have been wise to do before shooting him, alas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Maerlyn posted:

I bribed with the sausage because there was seemingly no other use for it (no game related text), I just asked Illu if we could use fish powers and bribe as two actions

Same, but mine was a sauna ticket. No other use for it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Zoya posted:

i had some too, i used it to bribe last night

Here's another question. What does the other item of yours do?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

'cause I'm not buying that you wasted an item with a positive effect for yourself to bribe if you'd had access to an useless one, like Maer and I did.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Shellception posted:

Which were your bigger fish and what did they weigh?

from yesterday? i had a total of 3 no bites (and i moved halfway through the day, so effectively 4 no bites) because i am the shittest fisher in the land

i turned in a 486g zander :mad: and a 264g perch

Shellception posted:

Here's another question. What does the other item of yours do?

it was beer. i chugged it d1 in order to raise my odds of catching zander. this resulted in me catching.... a tiny bitch zander

i didn't really see the point of the javoliina? like yeah you can move for free but like... so what? seemed poo poo in comparison to the beer which lets you choose a specific fish to raise the odds of

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not sure any of my items have an impact like that

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shellception posted:

I knew because the Goldfish I won with told me. I kind of wanted to see what Clo, but then you, said and if you tried to lie or not.

Huh? I thought the gold fish let you peak at what was submitted?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

hambeet posted:

Huh? I thought the gold fish let you peak at what was submitted?

No. The Goldfish lets you know which prizes have been won by someone across all nights. Which, for you, turned out to be just sausages, so a second prize. I knew you weren't going nowhere.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

it didn't seem like a very rare or powerful item but maybe literally no one else had the prestigious honor of receiving a... can of beer?

its full effects since this is apparently new info were to increase odds by 20% of catching a specific fish (excluding goldfish & king of lake, which were invalid options) for 2 casts

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

it didn't seem like a very rare or powerful item but maybe literally no one else had the prestigious honor of receiving a... can of beer?

its full effects since this is apparently new info were to increase odds by 20% of catching a specific fish (excluding goldfish & king of lake, which were invalid options) for 2 casts

It raised your odds by 20% for two casts and yet you still only caught one Zander? drat.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shellception posted:

No. The Goldfish lets you know which prizes have been won by someone across all nights. Which, for you, turned out to be just sausages, so a second prize. I knew you weren't going nowhere.

Hmm ok yes, but I still think you’re missing my initial point.

Your post came across using language that seemed to be confident I had no night action regardless of fish. It was like you know I’m not scum as well.

That’s why I kind of poked it, but then backed off because it didn’t match with your other posting of actively trying to solve the issue.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

hambeet posted:

Hmm ok yes, but I still think you’re missing my initial point.

Your post came across using language that seemed to be confident I had no night action regardless of fish. It was like you know I’m not scum as well.

That’s why I kind of poked it, but then backed off because it didn’t match with your other posting of actively trying to solve the issue.

... do people have night actions regardless of fish, because if so, no one has said a thing. All claimed powers are definitely fishing-related.

Also how would me knowing you didn't have a night action be related to you not being scum? I don't see the TMI bridge you're building there.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Not only all claimed powers, but all three flips too haven't had a single night action.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Shellception posted:

... do people have night actions regardless of fish, because if so, no one has said a thing. All claimed powers are definitely fishing-related.

Also how would me knowing you didn't have a night action be related to you not being scum? I don't see the TMI bridge you're building there.

i'm not sure what the confusion is here tbh, i thought the implication re: TMI here is pretty obvious, as to why i also stepped back from it after thinking about it.

yes, no one has said a thing about powers that i saw in the last two pages before the keats elim (that's all i've read of day 1). that's why i made a questioning comment about the OP not stating what the scum do or don't have, in case i missed an earlier discussion.

like, i assumed, and still do assume, that from looking at the fish power list in the OP, that scum probably wouldn't be reliant on the fishing mechanic alone for their powers. that'd make the game very hard for them. so it's reasonable to assume they could have additional powers. like in nearly every other game of mafia out there. the games where scum have had to draw from a pool of actions with town have explicitly said so.

so... with that thought in mind, you stating that i didn't have an action kind of stuck out to me as an odd thing to appear to be confident about. hence why i thought it was showing tmi. you either knew scum don't have actions, or at the very least, you know that *I* don't have actions. this is irrespective of the goldfish power.

then i thought about why you'd be presenting it like that if scum, so asked if i misunderstood your first post.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh i forgot to mention, this was also in the context of hal complaining someone stole his fish. how can someone steal a fish before any fish could be weighed in, using a fish derived power?

so that suggests either an item, or a power, was responsible.

if items can steal fish, items given to scum could effectively just be stand ins for standard scum powers, if they don't just have standard scum powers that is.

so that was in my head too, when i was trying to work out the statement you made about me not having a power. what was your knowledge of the game etc.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

oh i forgot to mention, this was also in the context of hal complaining someone stole his fish. how can someone steal a fish before any fish could be weighed in, using a fish derived power?

so that suggests either an item, or a power, was responsible.

if items can steal fish, items given to scum could effectively just be stand ins for standard scum powers, if they don't just have standard scum powers that is.

so that was in my head too, when i was trying to work out the statement you made about me not having a power. what was your knowledge of the game etc.

For the fish thievery, I had already submitted my fishies and then one got stolen, so Illu subbed in the next biggest fish of the type I had, so it’s sort of implied the action resolution of stealing is before the submitting piece

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So someone could have submitted my gosh for judging and if they won we would know from the other power who had stolen it. But they stole a Salmon that was half the size of the winning Salmon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I also didn’t bribe last night because I wanted to hang on to my yummy drink too.

However I still want to get a better Zander than zoya

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Hal Incandenza posted:

For the fish thievery, I had already submitted my fishies and then one got stolen, so Illu subbed in the next biggest fish of the type I had, so it’s sort of implied the action resolution of stealing is before the submitting piece

I guess my question is like. Why steal your fish and NK someone else. You will out the existence of a fish thief, that seems bad.

Maybe you're scum, maybe had lovely fish that wouldn't win anyway and wanted a towncred opportunity.

Maybe scum just wanted a few town night results as possible.

It's suggesting to me that Sand seems townie.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CubicalSucrose posted:

I guess my question is like. Why steal your fish and NK someone else. You will out the existence of a fish thief, that seems bad.

Maybe you're scum, maybe had lovely fish that wouldn't win anyway and wanted a towncred opportunity.

Unless you are going to kill the person you steal from every night the fish thief would come out sooner or later. Also the person you stole from is highly unlikely to have any powers so why waste that kill

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can scum steal fish from each other? Might be a way to mechanically fake clear someone.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

CubicalSucrose posted:

Where does Sand factor into your points?

I imagine the fish stealing is a post hammer/pre flip action by scum since it just deprives town of opportunities to win a fish prize/action. The list of winners is anonymous so there's a small chance of getting caught I think (there's probably enough leeway for scum to lie).

I don't see how discussing fish thieves leads to the "Sand seems townie" conclusion.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Maerlyn posted:

I don't see how discussing fish thieves leads to the "Sand seems townie" conclusion.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmmmm

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

hambeet posted:

Aight, fair. I see where you're coming from, I maybe read it sideways too. And I kind of think we've beaten this argumentation horse to death already, so I'm happy to drop it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Emptyquote. What's Sand doing in here?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

Unless you are going to kill the person you steal from every night the fish thief would come out sooner or later. Also the person you stole from is highly unlikely to have any powers so why waste that kill

But, yea, kinda here. Fish stealing to me sounds like it'd work like an extra roleblock of sorts, in that it'd make the target unlikely to have any powers that can catch scum at night. With a setup like this, where the power roles refresh every night so you can't kill a given one for good, killing the person who's probably VT doesn't make a heap of sense.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

11 posts on wakeup, game dead and it feels like there is a portion of people that haven't shown up much or said much when they did show up.

Shall we move along?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Otoh I still have FishFacts and I'm about to be on a plane train for a few hours, so.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It might seem a little bit of self interest but I’d like cube to expand on how he came to the sand thing.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

hambeet posted:

It might seem a little bit of self interest but I’d like cube to expand on how he came to the sand thing.

I agree.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'd also like FISHY FACTS

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

actually and yeah thread is a little dead. i feel scum are happy to sit back and let me dangle. no real need to push.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

beet have you said who you think is scum? I think you've mostly had a more defensive or :shrug: mindset

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

hambeet posted:

kind looks like you had all that ready to go.

were you even suss on clo yesterday?

you thought Plastic's case was manufactured (imo) but if there were comments about others I didn't really see

I do think Plastic has been unusually quiet for D2.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

OK. So Pike, Whitefish and Zander remain unclaimed. Opop and Iggy are dead.

Iggy probably had the Whitefish.

Opop may have had one of Pike (Tracker) and Zander (randomized) but definitely not both. The other one is missing.

One of the people who claim to have gotten nothing (Hal, Zoya, TMor, or Plastic) has to be lying here.

So I can find this later

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

beet have you said who you think is scum? I think you've mostly had a more defensive or :shrug: mindset

yeah i've had a :shrug: mindset mainly because there's been no real discussion today, so no real chance for me to form anything like a read.

the closest thing to a read would be plastic having a case ready to go about why i am scum, with no prior thoughts on clo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

you thought Plastic's case was manufactured (imo) but if there were comments about others I didn't really see

I do think Plastic has been unusually quiet for D2.

lol yeah. only that.

and sounding out shell a little bit as they posted.

and idk cube would be an obvious one but as a gambit it makes no sense.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

admittedly i could probably do more lifting, but when i've been -2 since i woke up i struggle to see the emotional ROI on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I'd have liked for the people in the "no fish" pool to have posted a bit more in general.

I'm inclined to believe that whoever is lying there just got the Zander and didn't feel inclined to claim it or what it did, because, at this point, faking a track on whoever the hell would have been relatively easy even if they did not use the fish and did the kill or who knows what else. But you can't fake having a tracker if you don't know if any of the unclaimed people had the tracker, you know.

If beet is scum and was tracked to Iggy, it was him who did the kill - which means the Zander either wasn't used, went off, without any appreciable effects, or was on Zoya, who was blocked by Maer.

The "no appreciable effects" option in this scenario is a bit blurry in my opinion - what I can think of as a scum action that goes off and doesn't leave a trace are a) ninja (doesn't work if beet was seen); b) poisoner or any other delayed kill poo poo (doesn't work because there was a NK); c) juggifier (can work but, again, in this scenario, beet didn't have a fish, so someone else would have to use it on him); d) godfatherer (... what for? we don't seem to have any sort of copping).

I kind of feel like this track leads to the blocked person, that is, Zoya, should beet flip scum. But she is definitely not the only possibility and we still should look at TMor, Plas and Hal. If beet flips town, however, then the math completely changes.